No announcement yet.

Georgetown vs. Shockers game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we hit our shots the result may have been different. We've still got things to work on but I like that they NEVER backed down and kept competing. David Kyles had his coming out party and it was nice to see.

Bring on Siena. Sadly, I have to work and I'm not sure if I can get through the day without hearing results. Won't have much time between work and VB to get the game in before heading to Wichita.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Positives:
      1) Saw us pulling together as a team.
      2) HCGM coached a well fought game.
      3) Ellis played better, his 3 was a good one.
      4) David Kyles made some mistakes, but generally stepped up for the challenge.
      5) Clemente was good on the boards.

Negatives:
      1) Bad shooting day in general.
      2) Toure especially was off today, Hatch too.
      3) Hannah was a non factor today.
      4) AJ is athletic, but just an average player, not the leader I expected.
      5) Stutz needs to handle the ball better.
      6) Many 'Freshman' mistakes today.
      7) Still undecided about Chamberlain's day.
      8) Free throw shooting problems have not gone away.

Comment

There's far more things to point out about today that will help our team gain confidence, but there are only 2 real disppointing performances to me. One is excusable, the other--I'm not as sure about.

Garrett--looked like the young somewhat clumsy freshman that he is. I still absolutely LOVE his potential, and today doesn't have any impact on that. He'll continue to get better and better, and better.

AJ--not impressed. Too many charges and ill-advised shots. For a guy that's had 2 years D1 experience and who appears to be as athletic as he is, I felt like he just wasn't real strong today. I'm hoping he'll improve and shake off the transfer rust because we need him.

What are we going to do without Ramon next year? That question still hasn't been answered. I hope it is before the season ends!

Comment

Originally posted by WSU_zero
          Yeah, they're going to have to play better against Siena. GU was off today, but Siena will be ready to play hard, execute and keep guys off the boards.

That was fun to watch, though. Paul, Rob, and I were all chatting online while watching the game. That was the first Shocker game in 5 years I've watched without jumping and down and yelling on every possession. I'm officially removed. LOL
          You sound like a BCS eliteist....GU was off today. Could be because of the intensity that the Shox played on defense as to why they were "off". Don't take anything away from our boys.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
            Yeah, they're going to have to play better against Siena. GU was off today, but Siena will be ready to play hard, execute and keep guys off the boards.

That was fun to watch, though. Paul, Rob, and I were all chatting online while watching the game. That was the first Shocker game in 5 years I've watched without jumping and down and yelling on every possession. I'm officially removed. LOL
            You sound like a BCS eliteist....GU was off today. Could be because of the intensity that the Shox played on defense as to why they were "off". Don't take anything away from our boys.
            I agree. The Shox made them play their game instead of letting GU dictate the pace. GU should outmatch us easily, but because of the determination and effort of our guys (and to a lesser extent the lack of inspired play by GU) that didn't play a factor.

Comment

I like our chances against siena tomorrow. Early game though, 9:30am on ESPNU
              Shox-4-Life

Comment

During the preseason (practices and pick-up games) I've heard WSU have scorers (shooters). So far it doesn't look that way. Now we know it's not easy to get a basket in real games. ;-)
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

What about that David Kyles having an eleven point game versus Georgetown? Chamberlain could turn out to be our best shooter and both of these 2 guards played well off the bench on both sides of the court. Mr. Clemente had a double-double. 10 points and 10 rebounds and a lot of heart as usual. I thought Durley played better but that premature 3 point shot towards the end was not what I hoped for. Our shots were rimming out at the end and theirs were going in.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The effort and desire these guys were displaying, made me proud to be a shocker. I really would have like to know what this game would have been like if we didnt start off so bad.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

DKyles is an athletic freak. It was just his 4th collegiate game and he looked very comfortable. From the time he first entered the floor until the end, the sky is the limit for the kid. His baseline fade away late in the 2nd half was choice.
                      Stutz looked like a kid 6 months removed from HS. Wait, that's the case. He'll be fine with some seasoning and many trips to the KR school of bulk.
                      Murry is so smooth. It wasn't the best of games, but he can play.

There is a lot of physical talent on this team. GM will bring it together and I have a feeling it will be sooner than later.
                      There is no way this is a 9th place Valley team. No way. 8)
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Early on, we kept giving them to many break away lay-ups. However, the new 5 came in and gave us a boost. The Shocks kept us on the edge of our seats all the way through. Most thought this game would be a blow-out.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                          The effort and desire these guys were displaying, made me proud to be a shocker. I really would have like to know what this game would have been like if we didnt start off so bad.
                          or just a couple of those shots fell instead of the in-and-out.

Would have loved a win, but great game nontheless.
                          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Thing that impressed me the most today and mentioned by the announcers, was the five in - five out subbing and did not seem to miss a beat and in fact played better on some occasions. Great effort. Hopefully tomorrow morning does not come too fast for them.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                              Originally posted by shockerfan

I agree. The Shox made them play their game instead of letting GU dictate the pace. GU should outmatch us easily, but because of the determination and effort of our guys (and to a lesser extent the lack of inspired play by GU) that didn't play a factor.
                              I think Nick has earned the right to speak freely without being accused of BCS elitism.

You know, because Nick helped us BEAT a few of those teams in his day.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Coach just said---"No way Georgetown out competed us." A great compliment because Georgetown gets in your face like a sea of gray. "This is not the end--but only the beginning" "We shoot 27.9 from the field and almost beat Georgetown." Coach just made those two statements and he wants big victories this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X