Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock
    Originally posted by pogo
    DU, the last minute or so when we "doubled" our deficit was due to our inability to make shots from the field and GT's ability to make their freethrows. The timeout that was taken allowed Marshall to tell the team he wanted them to foul a particular player. After the timeout Marshall was able to see which GT player was on the court and signaled who to foul (#4) and Hannah did after having to chase him down. Marshall substituted two players each time for either offense or defense. So I don't know exactly why you felt the game/time was mismanaged? Go Shox!
    It was still mismanagement. Again I am pleased but merely seeking to economize without being stingy.

Go Shocks!!!!
    So, what would you have done then? Let's say there is one minute left and you are down 5 - The other team has the ball - in your effor to not mismanage you play great defense and you don't foul. They run the shot clock off and do not even get off a shot! Great defense!

You come down and immediately score. Now you are only down 3 with 20 seconds left. Way to go!

The other team runs the clock out since you do not mismanage by fouling someone. Game over you only lose by three.

You never gave your self a chance to win, but you kep the deficit down. A loss is a loss, I would think you would rather have a chance to win.

We go for a steal, but don't get it so we foul. We are "hoping" they miss and we can come down and score. If they hit there free throws and we don't score - yep, the deficit can grow, but at least we are "trying to win" and not keep the point spread down - that is only good if you're a gambler and have a bet on the points.
    :goshocks:

Comment

• 7. I am not a big fan of Hatch. In a way, he reminds me of Ogirri. If left wide open, he can nail the shots. With a hand in his face, not so much. He cannot create his own shot. This is where David K. comes in sooner or later.

At least Hatch plays some defense, which we didn't see a lot of from Ogirri. It also appears he can sometimes hit the pull-up jumper when he drives the ball. Hatch is a very different player than who we saw last year. Given time he can be a very effective role player. Does he have the natural talent and athleticism of Kyles or Murry? No. But he does play pretty good defense and has shown that he can feed the post and put in a key three every once in a while. Not everyone can be a starter, we need to have key role players if we plan to go to the next level.

Comment

• The fact we gave them almost all that they could handle is enough for me.
        it's up in the air

Comment

• i believe that the shox really grew up today...

btw, ramon refuses to quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
            i believe that the shox really grew up today...

btw, ramon refuses to quit.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...0455&hiq=ramon
            I could imagine Ramon quitting just about as much as I could imagine X quitting. Which is not at all.

Comment

• We had 2 three point shots rim out in the last few minutes. One of them by Durley was very premature and even though he was open and the shot was close---that miss really hurt at that juncture.

A. Ellis played better today and should get his groove on soon. The switiching of defenses was good by Coach Marshall and seemed to throw them off some.

Our overall depth is so much better than last Season. Several players will step up on various nights depending on the match-ups. HCGM seems to respond to that and tunes into going with the hot hands. I really approved of him replacing the whole starting line up today when they sputtered to a 9-0 deficit. The new 5 come in playing with a sense of urgency and produced. Later, some of our starters settled down and did the same.

The Hawk is called for so many charges by over-penetrating. I noticed that from my easy chair knowing I am no coach. However, maybe pulling up for a short jumper could be more effective?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I was very proud of our team! They hustled after rebounds, they werent intimidated by GU or national TV. You could just see this team mature some. When we learn patience in shot selection we are going to be a very tough to beat. Freethrows shooting looked decent, our coaching showed why HCGM is a very winning coach. I loved his defensive game plan!

I am so proud to be a Shocker!

And as always our BCS friends cant seem to give us credit for their difficulties!

:posterwu: :posterwsu: :goshocks: :wsu_posters: 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I've never been much for the "good loss" concept, but...the Shockers looked good. They were certainly not intimidated. This game is something your guys can build on.

Nice work. I think the Shocks are gonna surprise some people this season!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• Originally posted by GoGMU
                    I've never been much for the "good loss" concept, but...the Shockers looked good. They were certainly not intimidated. This game is something your guys can build on.

Nice work. I think the Shocks are gonna surprise some people this season!

Thanks Mason always good to see you on our board. As Always we wish you guys the very best of luck! 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• It would have been nice to have had EO in this game. He might have not been an offensive threat, but I think he would have intimidated them on defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                        We had 2 three point shots rim out in the last few minutes. One of them by Durley was very premature and even though he was open and the shot was close---that miss really hurt at that juncture.

A. Ellis played better today and should get his groove on soon. The switiching of defenses was good by Coach Marshall and seemed to throw them off some.

Our overall depth is so much better than last Season. Several players will step up on various nights depending on the match-ups. HCGM seems to respond to that and tunes into going with the hot hands. I really approved of him replacing the whole starting line up today when they sputtered to a 9-0 deficit. The new 5 come in playing with a sense of urgency and produced. Later, some of our starters settled down and did the same.

The Hawk is called for so many charges by over-penetrating. I noticed that from my easy chair knowing I am no coach. However, maybe pulling up for a short jumper could be more effective?
                        Right on with the short jumper comment. He needs to mix it up.

Comment

• Another side note... in the pregame did anyone else notice that very little was mentioned about the Shockers at all? Everything they talked about--I mean EVERYTHING was about GU. I know they're ranked, but c'mon guys.... In fact, they barely showed any video of our team warming up (B. Steven was shown briefly but that's about it) and they definately didn't talk about our previous games, our coach, etc. The first mentions were really just when the game started.

Talk about no respect! Hopefully this decent showing will be the start of building that respect back for us. I hate to say it, but that freefall 2 seasons ago really killed our reputation, or maybe I'm just imagining this all.

The good news is, things went better today than we thought, and I think the majority of the Shocker Nation can live with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockar25
                            Another side note... in the pregame did anyone else notice that very little was mentioned about the Shockers at all? Everything they talked about--I mean EVERYTHING was about GU. I know they're ranked, but c'mon guys.... In fact, they barely showed any video of our team warming up (B. Steven was shown briefly but that's about it) and they definately didn't talk about our previous games, our coach, etc. The first mentions were really just when the game started.

Talk about no respect! Hopefully this decent showing will be the start of building that respect back for us. I hate to say it, but that freefall 2 seasons ago really killed our reputation, or maybe I'm just imagining this all.

The good news is, things went better today than we thought, and I think the majority of the Shocker Nation can live with that.
                            They did about a 2-minute interview with Marshall during the Tennessee-Siena game.

Comment

• Just watched my DVR of the game and came away very impressed with the Shockers effort. Get some of those shots to stay down and there may have been a different outcome. They really played hard and I thought the defense was especially good.

Lets get Sienna tomorrow.

Comment

• Ok cool. I didn't get to watch the previous game, I was talking about the 30 minute 'scoreboard' show/pregame. At least they showed that respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X