• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Originally posted by shockar25
    Originally posted by shockerfan
    Originally posted by WSU_zero
    Yeah, they're going to have to play better against Siena. GU was off today, but Siena will be ready to play hard, execute and keep guys off the boards.

That was fun to watch, though. Paul, Rob, and I were all chatting online while watching the game. That was the first Shocker game in 5 years I've watched without jumping and down and yelling on every possession. I'm officially removed. LOL
    You sound like a BCS eliteist....GU was off today. Could be because of the intensity that the Shox played on defense as to why they were "off". Don't take anything away from our boys.
    I agree. The Shox made them play their game instead of letting GU dictate the pace. GU should outmatch us easily, but because of the determination and effort of our guys (and to a lesser extent the lack of inspired play by GU) that didn't play a factor.
    I think Nick has earned the right to speak freely without being accused of BCS elitism.

You know, because Nick helped us BEAT a few of those teams in his day.
    I apologize. What I should have said is, I agree that the Shox played with intensity on defense and I think that GU's lack of 'performance' had more to do with that then just them being 'off' today. They were off because we took them out of their game plan.

The elitist part to me is irrelevant. I could care less about that part and as I said I apologize for not being clearer!

:posterwu:

Comment

Just back from the game. The boys played their hearts out and just about came away with the W. We outhustled them on the boards on almost every possession. They did outhustle us down the floor at the start of the game but adjustments were made (About 5 all at one time)and if a couple of shots didn't pop out its a different ballgame. There were a couple of possessions that looked like they shoud have gone our way but didn't the last couple of minutes but the guys left it all on the floor tonite. GT was a very physical in your face team and should show the shox they can compete against anyone in the valley. Our crowd made more noise than twice as many tennessee fans did and the GT fans were like the ku crowd when roy boy accussed them of being wine and cheese fans. All for now going to leave to watch the other games.

Comment

All in favor of Hawkins not starting for awhile?

Comment

/raises hand

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
            /raises hand

Comment

The game was exciting - lots of mistakes that experience will correct and the heart & hustle to be a winner. RC had lots of company today in the effort part of the game - just wish he had a couple of more seasoned team mates but that will come and come pretty quick the way HGM is giving 5 man substitutions to compete and gain playing experience. I'm very proud of our guys and the effort generated.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                All in favor of Hawkins not starting for awhile?
                Who would have thought we would be debating whether Graham or AJ should be getting more PT?
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Something just isnt right with Hawkins. It almost seems he that hes not fitting in. Hopefully he will prove me wrong
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I want Kyles to get Hawkins PT not Hatch.

Comment

• Hawkins just needs to hit a couple of shots or pass it off - no need to try to drive EVERY time. Still, every player is improving even though you might not see a whole lot in the stats.

Comment

• Actually I am disappointed in the final 90 seconds game management we took a 4-5 point loss and doubled it. This is not ideal. I am very leased with the result and beleive we should have won and believe this is "opportunity squandered" rather than an "opportunity lost". I am pleased but merely selecting some "ideals".

Go Shocks!!!!
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• GU had twice as many free throws as us and doubled our shooting percentage.

If we had sent them to the line less or we got there more...maybe a different story.

Great game shocks!

Comment

• DU, the last minute or so when we "doubled" our deficit was due to our inability to make shots from the field and GT's ability to make their freethrows. The timeout that was taken allowed Marshall to tell the team he wanted them to foul a particular player. After the timeout Marshall was able to see which GT player was on the court and signaled who to foul (#4) and Hannah did after having to chase him down. Marshall substituted two players each time for either offense or defense. So I don't know exactly why you felt the game/time was mismanaged? Go Shox!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                              GU had twice as many free throws as us and doubled our shooting percentage.

If we had sent them to the line less or we got there more...maybe a different story.

Great game shocks!
                              We sure didn't get as many calls in the paint as they did.

A couple times we drove to the hole, and I'm thinking: "What more do you need to see to blow the whistle Ref?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• The game wasn't called especially fair. That's just the way it's going to be, playing a Big East team. They are bigger, stronger, longer and more talented than us. Just a fact. We made it a game thru sheer effort and "want-to". We took some bad shots, no big deal, always gonna take a few. I fail to see the attraction with Hawkins, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X