X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone was at the scrmmage brett said

everyone showed up for the scrimmage tonight. brett said that pj played eally well and durley had a slow start got a bit mad then poured it on dunking like crazy. he said the team looks good and will fit in or as he says he can hang with them

Welcome aboard and thanks for the reports!

Is Durley over his knee problems and did he come back in good shape?

Comment

brett said that he looked strong and was jumping like crazy. didnt look like any knee problems

Comment

Do you know if Gal, Hart and Butler were there? That's good news about Durley.
        In the fast lane

Comment

If Butler is going to be here, then either he will be a walkon, or someone else will not have a scollie that was suppose to.

This leaves me up in the air thinking it might somehow affect Orukpe. Even though the poster sounded sure about Butler, I still question it given the circumstances.

Is Durley 6'7"?

Comment

Orupke may become a "gray shirt", if he doesn't arrive until late in the semester he can still receive a scholarship in the spring and count toward the '08 class.

Comment

Why do they call it a 'gray shirt'? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron for an academic scollie???? Why not a 'gold shirt' or 'silver shirt'???

Comment

In Jamar Howard's case, he received need-based assistance the first semester, athletic scholarship the 2nd.

If Orukpe doesn't enroll until the 2nd semester, I think he can still receive an athletic scholarship, it just counts toward next year's class. In that case, 14 would be on scholarship for the spring, which I'm guessing is OK with the NCAA.

Comment

I don't think that's right, is it? The Jamar deaql was associated with the old 5 schollies per year rule (or 6), which is no more. I don't think 14 is ever allowed.

Comment

Where has it been said that Butler is actually here

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                      I don't think that's right, is it? The Jamar deaql was associated with the old 5 schollies per year rule (or 6), which is no more. I don't think 14 is ever allowed.
                      I don't know the specific rule, just going off of past situations and discussion. That said, I don't think the old 5-8 rule had anything directly to do with which class a recruit counted toward. It's just that it was used to get around the 5-8 rule (such as in Jamar's case).

Comment

Yeah, but 14 is never allowed. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          Yeah, but 14 is never allowed. Ever.
                          Unless your OU, O-State, Texas, Texas Tech, NU, KU, K-State,...

those schools sometimes have problems counting. they just say their sorry and all is forgiven by the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                            Where has it been said that Butler is actually here
                            It hasnt been said whether he is or isnt.

Comment

Lowe, with your use of the word "Everyone," did that mean that Butler and Hart were at the scrimmage, as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X