Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see why they call you badass balla. You always try to be funny with your postings

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
      Early to mid-September isn't a problem. Gal already knows what classes he's taking. Chances are he's already got the books. There won't be a problem getting assignments to him.
      If classes start tomorrow and Gal does not get here until mid-September, he will have missed a month of classes. That sounds like a lot of missed coursework and lectures.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

As far as Gal is concerned...

Anyone who's ever known European kids (my parents have had 12 foreign exchange students over the years) knows that they can probably sleep through their first year or two of American college and still get a 3.2. They do, however, have to show up to take the tests, obviously.

I've no doubt that taking the 12 hours of 8-week courses that start in October (?) will be just fine with him, though. If there was the same level of concern amongst the administration as there seems to be on here, Gal probably wouldn't even be coming at all.

Ellis coming means Butler is gone. My opinion, but I'm basing it on a lot of fact.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl

Anyone who's ever known European kids (my parents have had 12 foreign exchange students over the years) knows that they can probably sleep through their first year or two of American college and still get a 3.2. They do, however, have to show up to take the tests, obviously.

I've no doubt that taking the 12 hours of 8-week courses that start in October (?) will be just fine with him, though. If there was the same level of concern amongst the administration as there seems to be on here, Gal probably wouldn't even be coming at all.

Ellis coming means Butler is gone. My opinion, but I'm basing it on a lot of fact.
          Per Paul Suellentrop, "Gal is due in Wichita on Thursday. Graham Hatch is here. Arbry is on the team, and it's official." See kansas.com Q&A section.
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Not true

There are no "Stallworth situations" any more, 60. Eligibility goes by year, not by semester.

If Orupke arrives in December, gets a scholarship at that point -- he doesn't need one until then -- and plays, he will use up his first year of eligibility and have three left. If he sits, he'll have redshirted and have four full years left.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Dad
              Hart is not present. Orupke is also not present yet, but everyone expected that - no definitive word about when he will arrive. Gal is not in town yet but should be here in early to mid September -- some committment back home is keeping him from reporting with everyone else. The team looks quite a bit more athletic than last year.
              So did something change or was your source mistaken?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
                Originally posted by rjl

Per Paul Suellentrop, "Gal is due in Wichita on Thursday. Graham Hatch is here. Arbry is on the team, and it's official." See kansas.com Q&A section.

What's more here is the previous quesion:

Q: I heard that Orupke will be here, but on an academic schollie. That means Butler is still on the team.
                shockershow, Newton, KS 8/15/07

A: Doubtful, but I guess it's possible. Arbry may be on the team if Ejike Hart didn't graduate from junior college.
                Paul Suellentrop 8/15/07

If Sully knows something then Hart might be the odd man out.

Comment

It's all just so confusing.....
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    It's all just so confusing.....
                    I think my eyes are playing tricks on me, Matt blocked one of PJ's shots?

Comment

WSU Roster - No Hart (yet?) http://www.goshockers.com/SportSelec...51&SPSID=61183

0 Ellis, Aaron F 6-7 Unk Myrtle Beach, SC
                      1 Mekel, Gal G 6-3 196 So. Tel Aviv, Israel, (Alliance HS)
                      2 Couisnard, P.J. G/F 6-4 216 Sr. Houston, TX (Yates HS)
                      3 Harris, Lance G 6-2 177 Sr. Wichita, Kan. (Southeast HS)
                      5 Preadom, Wendell G 6-1 193 Jr. Houston, TX (Westbury Christian HS)
                      10 Clemente, Ramon F 6-6 Unk Paris, TX
                      11 Thomasson, Phillip F 6-7 225 Sr. Burlison, TX (Colorado State) (Burlison HS)
                      14 Hatch, Graham G 6-4 Unk Mesa, AZ
                      15 Michael, Bret G 6-0 Unk Wichita, KS
                      21 Orupke, Ehimen C 7-0 Unk Nigeria,
                      22 Braeuer, Matt G 5-11 160 Sr. Belton, TX (Belton HS)
                      23 Butler, Arbry F 6-8 187 RFr. Little Rock, Ark. (Central HS)
                      25 Hawkins, A.J. G/F 6-5 Unk Edmond, OK
                      31 Durley, J.T. F 6-7 245 RFr. Pittsburg, TX (Pittsburg HS)
                      32 Burley, Brett F 6-7 Unk Victoria, BC
                      33 Griskenas, Mantas F 6-7 Unk Poplar Bluff, MO[/url]
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It Matt blocked the shot, was PJ down on his knees or flat on his back when he shot? <grin>

Comment

Paul S. Durley still has some conditioning to do. How long does a player have to be here before he is in shape. Something wrong here

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            WSU Roster - No Hart (yet?) http://www.goshockers.com/SportSelec...51&SPSID=61183

15 Michael, Bret G 6-0 Unk Wichita, KS
                            We signed Bret Michael!?! I didn't know that guy could ball...
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Appreciate the clarification, Watcher.

Comment

Sully's comment "and it's official" certainly leads to some credibility.

So Butler is in.........it is an interesting time. IMO, to compete at the top level of the Valley we need either or both of Hart and Orupke. It certainly does not appear that we will get both at this time. I really hope that my (I believe well founded but solidly refuted) concerns about our Isreali star continue to be wrong.

And we have, in the space of less than 4 months, become a whole lot more athletic.

Comment

Working...
                                X