Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock
    Where has it been said that Butler is actually here
    He is here and ready to play for Marshall.

I don't know specifics (so I don't know who is/isn't getting a scholarship), but he didn't think there was a scholarship problem.

All that I can confirm is that he is here and ready to play.

Comment

I'd like to hear something from somebody in the know about Butler and the scholarship situation so we can all finally get this resolved and the brain pain associated with it will go away. :D
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Will the Shockers be scrimmaging tomorrow or Thursday? If so where and what time?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hart is not present. Orupke is also not present yet, but everyone expected that - no definitive word about when he will arrive. Gal is not in town yet but should be here in early to mid September -- some committment back home is keeping him from reporting with everyone else. The team looks quite a bit more athletic than last year.

Comment

If Gal does not arrive until mid-September, he will have to load up with a minimum of 12 hours of 8-week Oct-Dec courses in order to maintain eligibility.

The fact that he is not planning on arriving til then has got to raise skepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89
              If Gal does not arrive until mid-September, he will have to load up with a minimum of 12 hours of 8-week Oct-Dec courses in order to maintain eligibility.

The fact that he is not planning on arriving til then has got to raise skepticism.
              Wasn't he late last year as well? Something about military service?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Early to mid-September isn't a problem. Gal already knows what classes he's taking. Chances are he's already got the books. There won't be a problem getting assignments to him.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Dad
                  Hart is not present.
                  What is the story on Hart?

Comment

Royal stated:

"Orupke may become a "gray shirt", if he doesn't arrive until late in the semester he can still receive a scholarship in the spring and count toward the '08 class."

I'm not sure I understand whether you are stating that he would play his first semester in the spring or the fall of 2008, but I am assuming it is the former.

By his playing in the spring of 2008, we possibly end up with another "Stallworth" situation if, and that is a big "IF", Orupke sticks around for four years.

The case can be argued till dooms day that the last time the choice of instant gratification was chosen, it may very well have cost us a National Championship. With GM at the helm, and the recruiting ability he has shown so far, I doubt if there is anyone among us that doesn't believe that our 2008/2009/2010 teams will each be much more talented than this year's team.

Anyway you slice it, it is GM's gamble. Orupke could leave after one or two years or he could stick it out for the duration. It's a crap shoot.

I personally hate to see us waste Orupke's first semester of eligibilty when he will be the least productive of his career after arriving late and not practicing with the team. By doing this, you virtually guarantee he will not stick around for his senior year since he could only play the first semester.

Comment

Forward Ejike Hart, a transfer from Hillsborough (Fla.) Community College, must finish two classes and graduate from junior college in order to be eligible at WSU.

Hart said he is doing well in his psychology and chemistry classes and plans on arriving at WSU later this month.

From Wichita Eagle story http://www.kansas.com/250/story/142600.html
                      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                      which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Hart

Someone posted here a day or two ago somewhere that Hart's last class was on Mon night, 8/13, this week. It didn't say if that included a final exam or if final exams still had to occur yet.

Comment

does anyone have info on edwin hart? is he not coming anymore? is he coming late like mantas? what happens if he doesnt graduate from the juco can they get him here somehow anyway?

Comment

Supposedly a team meeting today and then pick-up games around 5 is what I have been told.

Comment

Originally posted by wichitaball
                              does anyone have info on edwin hart? is he not coming anymore? is he coming late like mantas? what happens if he doesnt graduate from the juco can they get him here somehow anyway?
                              They can give him a bus ticket and tell him Spirit is hiring. He has to graduate community college to play here.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

ok well wasnt sure... guess he must be on his way then if theres no news...

Comment

Working...
                                X