MEMORIES FROM RIGHT HERE ON SHOCKERNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjl
    I dunno, I've heard "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" as a lead-in to a LOT of stories.

Sido posted on here a couple of times--not under the name most of you probably think it was--and when he did he never addressed any of the complaints in the 'Sido' threads. Just some random threads with some inside information. For those who don't know, he had a fairly decent raport with Turgeon.

As far as where he is now, he accepted a similar job in Portland, Oregon.

Actually, James Sido is at KOMO-TV in Seattle, Washington.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

Ironically, after I posted that I talked to him via e-mail.

I said "Oops, I think I told Shockernet you were in Portland. Oh well, it will keep the haters off your trail."
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl

I said "Oops, I think I told Shockernet you were in Portland. Oh well, it will keep the haters off your trail."
        He reportedly works 24-hour days up there in Seattle, drinking Rock Star energy drink by the case.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by rjl

He reportedly works 24-hour days up there in Seattle, drinking Rock Star energy drink by the case.
          How's the hair holding up doing in all that rain?
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Oh, and I think AZ Shocker was known as "5150".
            That was me indeed boss! Good memory.
            As most here know, 5150 is a VH reference. For the youngsters VH = Van Halen. Again for the under 30 crowd...Van Halen was an unbelievable rock band back in the 80's who are gearing up to come to a city near you (KC). lol :drum:

Wow - I just realized something...
            You guys will like this. FSF...this one's for you buddy. Add 5150 across.
            You know it!!! :yahoo:

FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

That is great stuff AZ and we will remember that when the famous 11 post resurfaces because we know it Must and it Will. That thread was more fun then allowed by law and had some very strange twists. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                Chats with Eagle, RS, AZ, Boiler, Tex and a few others long into the evening after a game, about chili, brownies, and things that I'd probably have to censor myself on at this point. :whistle:
                :good: :good: :good:

EZBoard chat version worked good for me. I should`ve been banned from it though.

Comment

Ben definately had too much fun in chat.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ben needed to be censored. And for you new guys it was cupcakes not brownies. :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
                    If it feels good - do it!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                      Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Oh, and I think AZ Shocker was known as "5150".
                      That was me indeed boss! Good memory.
                      As most here know, 5150 is a VH reference. For the youngsters VH = Van Halen. Again for the under 30 crowd...Van Halen was an unbelievable rock band back in the 80's who are gearing up to come to a city near you (KC). lol :drum:

Wow - I just realized something...
                      You guys will like this. FSF...this one's for you buddy. Add 5150 across.
                      You know it!!! :yahoo:

And for those of you under 50
                      Thats 'The Beatles" with an A
                      The Greast rock band of all times!
                      Not coming to a city near you :drum: :D :posterwu: 8) 8) :D !
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Because I am a man of few words, years ago I decided to take a break from posting and just read what you all have to say. When the Season started that year, Double Dribble started a thread here wondering where I was and if I was to join in posting for that very Season. Quickly, 2-3 posters got on with pleas for that not to happen.

Now I'm thinking---"FSF---don't these people know who I am or rather have I created a monster right here on SN?" Yikes! So when I did return to posting recently----I started a thread referring to the Sporting News article that rated our guards as number 2 in the Country. It was 1. North Carolina 2. WSU 3. KU and I was in agreement with it. Sporting News did include PJ as 1 of our guards and only SO is missing from that group they focused on that year who will return this year. I was met by Rosewood who was more objective of this not for sure becoming a reality as I was.

With the finish to our Sweet 16 yeer and MVC Championship, I really thought we could make alot of noise with our guard play as I remembered the 3's MB had versus Creighton, the big game SO had verses Seton Hall, and the huge showing PJ had versus Tennessee. PJ was a small forward but Sporting News included him in our group of guards. Then the first 8-9 games games this last year, I still thought we were on target. But then our demise began and we just never did put together the consistant play required to play in the Post Season. We lost to teams in the Valley that you have to beat.

Did I say a man of few words? Tsk Tsk Tsk!!! This was just my introduction so I will scram for now.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Team A vs. Team B, long forsaken monikers such as shockercat, mtxe2, 5150, etc., KU Dave, wraggs, and the smithson/early turgeon years on the conference boards...things there are like a unity conference now compared to 5-10 years ago.

Comment

Team A-B, I'm trying to remember who started that. I think I know but maybe they will come back and admit to it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE
                              Team A-B, I'm trying to remember who started that. I think I know but maybe they will come back and admit to it. :D
                              I must admit to being the originator of Team A v. Team B.

However, it was pretty much a Team A effort. Team B was not so willing to the contest between A and B.

Comment

I knew it had to be you or our old friend CL. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X