X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Wraggs?
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

LES ALWAYS POSTED IN ALL CAPS. MOST OF US FOUND IT QUITE ANNOYING, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHY HE DID IT.
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

After double dribble started some crap with mountain man fan (who I think was Matt Clarks dad), Lester saw DD as one of his own so Lester was courting double dribble to boycott the shocker net board aka commy board and post on the rebel board.
        So I kicked double dribble square in the grapes!
        I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

DD predicts from as far back as I can remember---WSU 82---opponent 78.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
            DD predicts from as far back as I can remember---WSU 82---opponent 78.
            And Duke Tshomba comes off the bench to score 20.
            Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Hey DD---you and FSF were among the biggest Duke T. lovers, but Coach T did not see it our way. Will Gal be the 20 point bench man this year? Stay tuned Shocker-Netters.

Comment

HEY FSF!

Last year we had "Saturdays"

This year we have THE GLOW BABY!!!!!

Video
                Audio

Comment

Blazing clip ASM and thanks for sharing this. It seems the dude instead of saying to the young lady at the end---"I gotta go" and then left her --could have said--"We gotta glow baby" so together we must go." Last time I really glowed was during a lightning storm while our playing ball with a metallic Louisiville slugger. AHAHA!

Comment

My memories: It all seems so commonplace now, but I recall posting lots of pictures and video of Shocker basketball games on SN and catching quite a bit of flack from it from WSU. It was my way of sharing with out-of-towners who otherwise could never see pictures from the game(s). Like I said, it all seems so commonplace anymore.

One of my best memories was getting a private 2-person tour of KOCH Arena on August 1st (a great b-day gift) almost 3 months in advance of its public opening and taking my camera along and taking a few hundred pictures for SN - I couldn't get them posted (nor the report) finished quickly enough. SN scooped the Eagle and all the media outlets on that one. 8)

Agreed that the Florida State game was the loudest thing to ever hit KOCH Arena, and we sat in row 4 behind the visitor bench at the time. :yahoo:

Chats with Eagle, RS, AZ, Boiler, Tex and a few others long into the evening after a game, about chili, brownies, and things that I'd probably have to censor myself on at this point. :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                      My memories: It all seems so commonplace now, but I recall posting lots of pictures and video of Shocker basketball games on SN and catching quite a bit of flack from it from WSU. It was my way of sharing with out-of-towners who otherwise could never see pictures from the game(s).
                      That I know for a fact I can speak for all us out-of-towners -
                      Very much appreciated btw!!! You da man!!! :good:

Originally posted by JVShocker
                      Chats with Eagle, RS, AZ, Boiler, Tex and a few others long into the evening after a game, about chili, brownies, and things that I'd probably have to censor myself on at this point. :whistle:
                      Those were some good times indeed!!! :good:
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Posting in the wee hours of the morning 'way back when' after a game night and being shocked that AZ Shocker was still up replying about the game at 2 a.m on a work night.. AZ even had a different posting name and I can't remember for sure what it was. Wasn't Royal Shock orginally the ShockHawk?

How about KU Dave? I reminded him over and over of the Battle Of New Orleans and the win over Danny Manning and company here at 21st and Hillside.

Then there was one of our our KC connections (SN public enemy #1?)--- being' tar-and feathered' on a thread but came out 'swinging' and 'smelling like a rose' surviving the onslaught of concerns from other posters.

Then of course our entertainment King--Double-Dribble--alias Tyrone Shoelace(founder of the crossover dribble). He (they) once assisted in saving me from the wrath of Preacha Pork Chop Chop!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                          Posting in the wee hours of the morning 'way back when' after a game night and being shocked that AZ Shocker was still up replying about the game at 2 a.m on a work night.. AZ even had a different posting name and I can't remember for sure what it was. Wasn't Royal Shock orginally the ShockHawk?

How about KU Dave? I reminded him over and over of the Battle Of New Orleans and the win over Danny Manning and company here at 21st and Hillside.

Then there was one of our our KC connections (SN public enemy #1?)--- being' tar-and feathered' on a thread but came out 'swinging' and 'smelling like a rose' surviving the onslaught of concerns from other posters.

Then of course our entertainment King--Double-Dribble--alias Tyrone Shoelace(founder of the crossover dribble). He (they) once assisted in saving me from the wrath of Preacha Pork Chop Chop!!!!!!!
                          Good times. Good times.

Royal was originally "ShockerCat" which is better then say WildShock or seomthing else along those lines.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

So does Royal's current moniker represent some sort of KC Royals/WSU hybrid???

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace
                              So I kicked double dribble square in the grapes!
                              That would be quite difficult to accomplish. ;-)
                              "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Alas, as DU said, I was known as ShockerCat, when I still retained some degree of fandom for KSU. A year or two on the message boards was the prescription and eventual cure!

And yes, Boston, my moniker is a Royals/Shockers hybrid, but not in that order (ShockerRoyal just didn't sound as good!).

Oh, and I think AZ Shocker was known as "5150".

Comment

Working...
                                X