MEMORIES FROM RIGHT HERE ON SHOCKERNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEMORIES FROM RIGHT HERE ON SHOCKERNET

We all probably have several. The one that jumps out at me happened during last Season. I was making an analogy during our nose dive after being ranked #8 in the Country to the quote of Charles Dickens---"It was the best of times---it was the worst of times." Shortly thereafter, Jim Kobbe made the same quote on his Sports Show. Our own Rosewood called JK out right here on Shocker-Net. JK came on here and addressed the issue. That was a hoot and one to remember. Are their other events that stick out here live on SN to remember?
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Everyone seems to remember DOFO.

Comment

didnt james sido come on here address the critisism about himself as well?

Comment

Originally posted by verbeak
        didnt james sido come on here address the critisism about himself as well?
        Now i believe it was RDR who emailed him and he then copy and pasted his response to us here.

Speaking of I missed the memo what happened to that guy anyways *sido*

as far as memories are concerned the 777 post was great

Comment

I'm with you FSF. The "best of times, worst of times" quote is so obscure, there's NO WAY anybody else could have ever applied it to that situation. I can't believe Kobbe was so bold.

Comment

" If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Actually Anthony2--Mr. Kobbe said it was purely a coincidence and I have no reason to doubt that. I enjoyed him coming on here and talking Shocker Hoops. The 11 was indeed a wild thread.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

How about Duane2000 and Coach Arete telling many of us we were "just a fan" and to let them do all the "heavy lifting" of real analysis and insight -- after all, they are "experts".

Comment

If possible could you guys try to provide links. thanks 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I dunno, I've heard "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" as a lead-in to a LOT of stories.

Sido posted on here a couple of times--not under the name most of you probably think it was--and when he did he never addressed any of the complaints in the 'Sido' threads. Just some random threads with some inside information. For those who don't know, he had a fairly decent raport with Turgeon.

As far as where he is now, he accepted a similar job in Portland, Oregon.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Still glad he's gone.

I really enjoyed the 11 thread as well. Good times.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

How about the Steve Eck appearances? And then there was his PR guy earlier in the year campaigning for his services to replace MT.

Comment

Royal,
                          What in the world were you thinking when you created this monster!
                          Yes, even I miss DOFO. How can any of the old timers forget Lester Collie or Wraggs. Geez, LC even offered $$$ to those who could deliver my identity.
                          I still miss using the smoking guy emoticon. Those were the days. 8)
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

What was the guy's name, who was a regular poster. He would post several times a day and would cause folks to get their panties in a wad. He was very active on the Valley board.

Cold Blooded reminds me of him.

I seem to recall his years were from about 2001 to 2004, maybe 2005.

Even though he was outrageous, I think most liked him.

I know his name and where he worked, but I had better not post it here.

He was a big Dallas Maverick's fan. He had a half season ticket package, 20 tickets or so, and flew to the games.

Anyway, I miss his commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                              What was the guy's name, who was a regular poster. He would post several times a day and would cause folks to get their panties in a wad. He was very active on the Valley board.

Cold Blooded reminds me of him.

I seem to recall his years were from about 2001 to 2004, maybe 2005.

Even though he was outrageous, I think most liked him.

I know his name and where he worked, but I had better not post it here.

He was a big Dallas Maverick's fan. He had a half season ticket package, 20 tickets or so, and flew to the games.

Anyway, I miss his commentary.
                              ShockRef listed one of his alter egos, Lester Collie. He was also known by "Preacher Porkchop". We were not fond of each other, but have since reconciled. He still occassionally appears on ValleyTalk, but under his new, "rehabilitated" identity.

Comment

Working...
                              X