No announcement yet.

MEMORIES FROM RIGHT HERE ON SHOCKERNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet maybe we will see at least a 2 dunks a game instead one a week!!!

Comment

bump X 11 equals=
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

77. And maybe PJ can soar high in the air with the greatest of ease and swat some last second heroric FG attempts as he so did versus Mr. Funk :good: :poster_cooz: :drum: at the Chuck last year???????

Comment

I agree.

Comment

ABC - I couldn't have said it any better myself. Well done.

Comment

Who is betta? After losing last night, who now will win the Valley? Who will win the Lou? Who all in the Valley will Dance? Easy to answer that. The only team that will likely Dance now will have to win the Lou.

ABC, how in the world did you find this thread to revive it? Last night will be a SN bad-memory that will stick in our crawls for a long time. Look at that cast posting back in 2007. Yikes!!!!!!!

I was hoping the 11-11-11 Trivia Thread would be found and replied to. That was one of the funniest but yet strange threads ever. I would love to read that again and our newer members would get a chuckle or 2 for sure.

Comment

tell more more about the 11-11-11 trivia.

I thought dragging an old thread out might change the conversation from last night's disaster.

Comment

That would be the ideal one to find. AZShock, the day of a Sat. game started this thread about the #11. This thread was long, some strange folk joined in with all kinds of input, and it became one of the most memorable and enjoyable threads ever. Not sure even what year it even was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                    What was the guy's name, who was a regular poster. He would post several times a day and would cause folks to get their panties in a wad. He was very active on the Valley board.

Cold Blooded reminds me of him.

I seem to recall his years were from about 2001 to 2004, maybe 2005.

Even though he was outrageous, I think most liked him.

I know his name and where he worked, but I had better not post it here.

He was a big Dallas Maverick's fan. He had a half season ticket package, 20 tickets or so, and flew to the games.

Anyway, I miss his commentary.
                    Speaking of Coldblooded...

RIP
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                      Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      What was the guy's name, who was a regular poster. He would post several times a day and would cause folks to get their panties in a wad. He was very active on the Valley board.

Cold Blooded reminds me of him.

I seem to recall his years were from about 2001 to 2004, maybe 2005.

Even though he was outrageous, I think most liked him.

I know his name and where he worked, but I had better not post it here.

He was a big Dallas Maverick's fan. He had a half season ticket package, 20 tickets or so, and flew to the games.

Anyway, I miss his commentary.
                      Speaking of Coldblooded...

RIP
                      Thanks for the Mammaries!
                      SFL is back!

Comment

Believe me, the guy in the shirt is not Cold Blooded.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Nor is he as 'artic-frigid- cold' as our SN rock-star, Cold-Blooded

Comment

Big Bump!

Thought some of the newbees might enjoy this old thread. We've had some good times through the years. IIRC, the Coldblooded photo above was taken at the Valley tournament in St. Louis; a SIU fan tried his best impersonation of Coldblooded. LMAO! Those were the days my friends.

There's currently a 'bring back Coldblooded' campaign on the AAC message board. Unfortunately (or fortunately to some), the admin has spoken and 'Cold' won't be returning under his former account.

Coldblooded: Reinstate or Not?

Message from the admin, "That account will not be coming back. If he is allowed back it is not going to be on that account. The price of admission this time is his reputation. If he wants to start over ... start over completely. And that comes with a short leash. And while I'm against it I'll allow it IF AND ONLY IF the local moderation team here is in UNANIMOUS agreement."

AACbbs: The #1 Board for American Athletic Conference sports on the internet.

Last edited by Kung Wu; January 24, 2019, 04:41 PM.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Stickboy46
                              Stickboy46 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So he just has to change his name? Welcome back LukeWarmBlooded!

• forevershockerfan
                              forevershockerfan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yipes, stripes, beechnut gum!!! WstateU revives a 2007 thread. It was interesting to digest this blast from the past and brought a smile.

I searched all over the interwebs for that Cold pic a few months ago and it was right here the whole time.

Comment

• WstateU
                              WstateU commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I did the same thing... couldn't locate it anywhere. :)

• WstateU
                              WstateU commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I nominate AndShock to post the photo on the AAC message board; they'll get a kick out of it. :)

• AndShock
                              AndShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think I found a new avatar :)

Funny stuff. I don't visit that site any longer so I wouldn't have known about the campaign unless you brought it to my attention WsU. I may have to go over there and read up on it. I don't know about participating on that board again though. The leadership suffers from an intelligence gap; add in the fact that several also have a skewed sense of humor w/ strong bias, and a guy like CB is not going to have a very long shelf life. It was fun while it lasted. I suspect the only reason they want me back now is to gloat over the fact that our program has fallen from National Power status to absolute mid-major train wreck. I would have been glad to eat all the crow they could serve this year, but the resident trolls acted dishonorably in battle when I had the advantage enlisting the services of corrupt officials in order to gain safe passage. Homey don't play that. I wouldn't even be posting back on here had this site not finally obtained a noble commander with an equally strong sense of... cool.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                            X