Eric Sexton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Sexton

KGSO has confirmed that the new AD is Eric Sexton. I've provided a link for you to check out below that has more information...listen at 2pm for the press conference LIVE on Sports Radio 1410 KGSO. We will also try to get him LIVE on "The Gameplan" tomorrow morning for you.

Does everyone think this is a good hire?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockfan8
      Does everyone think this is a good hire?

I think just about anyone that would have been named for this position would have been a "wait and see" deal...

Keep an open mind and see what he can bring to the table.

Comment

I was told by someone smarter than me that I would like the hire.

Eric certainly fits the credentials I set forth in a previous thread.

Knowing Eric, I certainly believe he is the right man at the right time. His loyalties to WSU and his extraordinarily high standing in the community will most certainly serve him well.

Personally, I could not be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I was told by someone smarter than me that I would like the hire.

Eric certainly fits the credentials I set forth in a previous thread.

Knowing Eric, I certainly believe he is the right man at the right time. His loyalties to WSU and his extraordinarily high standing in the community will most certainly serve him well.

Personally, I could not be happier.
          Good enough for me!!!!
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Well the quick decision leads me to assume that:

a) Beggs had this guy pegged to replace Schaus from day 1

and/or

b) Schaus provided a firm recommendation on him

Comment

Eric and Kathy are excellent people and TRUE shockers, I wish him the best and have high confidence in him! :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                Well the quick decision leads me to assume that:

a) Beggs had this guy pegged to replace Schaus from day 1

and/or

b) Schaus provided a firm recommendation on him
                I think b) led to a) and that it was in the works since last year.

Comment

Eric is an excellent choice - he is brilliant - and will do a wonderful job. :posterwsu:

Comment

This link is already listed in the thread... reading it was all I needed to be convinced... and the good Dr. sealed the deal with his comments.
                    :good:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Looks like K State and WSu are going to similar routes with AD. He is also the son of Linwood Sexton probably WSU's greatest ever football player

Comment

I'm guessing that coach Marshall and new women’s coach Jody Adams are ecstatic about this hire... hmmm, I wonder why? I actually like it better the more I think about it… it may prove to be a brilliant move by Dr. Beggs.
                        SFL is back!

Comment

So .... he's got great connections in Wichita -- no question. He's a solid guy and he loves and understands the university.

The only worry I might have is his connections nationally ... whereas Schaus, in a hiring situation could pick up the phone and pick the brains of 20 highly placed ADs and coaches around the country, I don't know that ES has the same ability.

Let's hope he keeps Jim on his speed dial.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Eric is a great person for the job. He is a true "people person" and his connections, at least locally, are impressive. He's going to be a great face for the athletic department and should be just as good, if not better, at getting resources for the department.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
                              So .... he's got great connections in Wichita -- no question. He's a solid guy and he loves and understands the university.

The only worry I might have is his connections nationally ... whereas Schaus, in a hiring situation could pick up the phone and pick the brains of 20 highly placed ADs and coaches around the country, I don't know that ES has the same ability.

Let's hope he keeps Jim on his speed dial.
                              I agree wholeheartedly with this post...is he the guy for this job? As far as non-football schools go, this is a premier job and I would have liked to have heard about more candidates (I'm sure there were others). For now, I guess we'll just have to trust Beggs.

At the Shocker Hoops auction a few years ago, ES blasted in at the last second to win the lasik surgery. I realize that kind of thing happens at auctions, but this move was a little bush league. Hopefully he'll be that aggressive with the program.

Comment

Working...
                              X