Eric Sexton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7hottamales
    We need GM to feel really good about his situation going forward for this athletic department to maintain stabilized and prosperous.
    I think all the coaches are going to be fine with ES. If we'd hired an experienced AD, you might have somebody riding in and reorganizing things to fit their preferences and management style. I'd guess ES is going to continue JS policies and let the coaches run their programs while he concentrates on building up the war-chest.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
      I find it weird that at the press conference, there was only one question asked. Is the media just stunned by this announcement and didn't know what to ask?
      That's what I was thinking. I have about 100 questions that I could think of on the spot.

Comment

Hello, V-Bird, Shockernet.net...

My question is two fold:

1. Can you talk about the continuation of expanding facilities, ie the baseball practice facility, Cessna Stadium renovations, etc.

2. How many years until we can start recruiting a football team?

Thank you. I'll hang up and listen off the air.

Comment

But seriously....

Royal needs to use some clout and get a press pass for those pressers he can attend to ask the REAL questions the fans want answered.

After all...Shockernet is the pulse of Shocker Athletics!!

Comment

and question 3:

When is Emminem Orupke going to be here?
            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

In the first post here, Chris mentions that he is going to try and get Eric on the gameplan tomorrow.

I would suggest that you call/email Chris your questions so they can get to as many as possible.

I do not miss the gameplan. They are doing a great job, I just wish I could get reception inside my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                But seriously....

Royal needs to use some clout and get a press pass for those pressers he can attend to ask the REAL questions the fans want answered.

After all...Shockernet is the pulse of Shocker Athletics!!

"RoyalShock from ShockerNet.net . . . Mr. Sexton, could you discuss your approach to the athletics website and could we get a link from GoShockers.com?"

Comment

Sorry, while I would like to listen to the radio more, the opportunity rarely presents itself while in the Wichita market.

What time is Gameplan on?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Sorry, while I would like to listen to the radio more, the opportunity rarely presents itself while in the Wichita market.

What time is Gameplan on?
                    from 6 to 9 i believe
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
                      Originally posted by 7hottamales
                      We need GM to feel really good about his situation going forward for this athletic department to maintain stabilized and prosperous.
                      I think all the coaches are going to be fine with ES. If we'd hired an experienced AD, you might have somebody riding in and reorganizing things to fit their preferences and management style. I'd guess ES is going to continue JS policies and let the coaches run their programs while he concentrates on building up the war-chest.
                      Ding, Ding, Ding... we have ourselves a winner! :good:
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shockref, I honestly wasn't aware that Jim had a lot of friends. Jim was a fine AD for the University, likely its best ever, in fact. But he's not exactly the guy to give you the warm fuzzies. Eric, on the other hand, has many, many friends. So, I certainly agree that Eric is no Jim Schaus. They are very, very different. Whether that will prove to be a positive or negative remains to be seen. I sure wouldn't bet against him, though.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

No doubt Jim Schaus did a great job for WSU and will be a tough, but not impossible act to follow.

However, we should not expect Eric Sexton to be a Jim Schaus. Eric, if he is the right person for the job (and I have high hopes that he will profve he is), will carve out his own identity and style.

Not necessarily better or worse than Jim Schaus, but it won't be exactly the same either. Hopefully, it will be just as or more successful than the Jim Schaus tenure.

President Beggs has apparently been thinking about this for sometime.

Comment

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
                            SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              No doubt Jim Schaus did a great job for WSU and will be a tough, but not impossible act to follow.

However, we should not expect Eric Sexton to be a Jim Schaus. Eric, if he is the right person for the job (and I have high hopes that he will profve he is), will carve out his own identity and style.

Not necessarily better or worse than Jim Schaus, but it won't be exactly the same either. Hopefully, it will be just as or more successful than the Jim Schaus tenure.

President Beggs has apparently been thinking about this for sometime.
                              Yes, for over 4 years! :good:
                              SFL is back!

Comment

A video of the PC is now up on goShockers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X