2017-18 Smack Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    These are old stories and difficult to find on the internet. Those stories aren't archived on free sites. You will need to visit the library.

The first story can be found in a book. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone here will give the title. The second one can be found on microphish of Wichita Eagle articles somewhere between 1998 and 2000.
    You talking about Uncloistered Halls?
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
      Isnt that Dr. Miners book?

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        Yep!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Who did you root for before you quite recently became a WSU fan?
          Those who refuse to learn from others who have gone before them are some of the most ignorant people who have ever lived. You are fitting very well into that category.
          I didn't watch a lot of basketball prior. And I asked you for links to learn more, not to question you. No need to peacock. But that sort of style of communicating is the norm on this forum.. as demonstrated by the below quotes.

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          It would sure be nice to have Fever back to vet this little troll!
          OOOOO, AHHHH. Dushock "vetted" me. I found it completely unnecessary and stupid. He even deleted my comment on my intro page to censor my annoyance of the stupid "vetting" process.

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Thats for sure. All we had to say was "Sick'em" and he took care of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            He may have gone to KU but he hasn't been anti-WSU in the past. He came from Wichita and went to North High. He's always been respectful of his hometown. For example, he has followed us through our F4 season and the 31-0 one to follow with good stories, including comments saying KU and K-State should be playing us. His comment above, didn't sound like his respectful past statements but either he didn't mean it the way it sounded, or he was being less respectful this time.
            Connor defecting probably turnt em.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              These are old stories and difficult to find on the internet. Those stories aren't archived on free sites. You will need to visit the library.

The first story can be found in a book. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone here will give the title. The second one can be found on microphish of Wichita Eagle articles somewhere between 1998 and 2000.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                Those chickens (term I learned from ShockerNet) have an elite program, but IMO, are the least impressive of all the "blue-bloods." All those elite recruits and hyped up preseason rankings have resulted in quite mediocre results (for a top-echelon program).

And, given the rosters, the Shockers would easily whip the chickens this year. Just an outsider's perspective...
                I am not a Beaker fan and do not root for any Beaker athletic team; however, IMO Phog Allen is the originator of NCAA basketball as we know it today. Importantly, the Phog Allen coaching tree is very impressive - Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith and Ralph Miller - and Phog had to explain to Naismith (when Naismith was the KU Coach) that basketball could and should be coached.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  He may have gone to KU but he hasn't been anti-WSU in the past. He came from Wichita and went to North High. He's always been respectful of his hometown. For example, he has followed us through our F4 season and the 31-0 one to follow with good stories, including comments saying KU and K-State should be playing us. His comment above, didn't sound like his respectful past statements but either he didn't mean it the way it sounded, or he was being less respectful this time.
                  I did not mean to imply that I thought he was disrespectful to WSU; IMO he was accurately describing the Beaker's athletic department. Without the benefit of Big 12 membership and football money, the Beakers are no more than the Shockers - a D1 university in the State of Kansas that does not play football. I root for the implosion of the Big 12 and when the implosion happens I will enjoy watching the Beakers struggle for membership in a conference comparable to the American.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                    I am not a Beaker fan and do not root for any Beaker athletic team; however, IMO Phog Allen is the originator of NCAA basketball as we know it today. Importantly, the Phog Allen coaching tree is very impressive - Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith and Ralph Miller - and Phog had to explain to Naismith (when Naismith was the KU Coach) that basketball could and should be coached.
                    Did Miller play for Phog? His coaching tree certainly doesn't go through Any of those you listed. Miller went from East HS to WSU
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Good read on HCRM

Comment

Those chickens (term I learned from ShockerNet) have an elite program, but IMO, are the least impressive of all the "blue-bloods." All those elite recruits and hyped up preseason rankings have resulted in quite mediocre results (for a top-echelon program).

And, given the rosters, the Shockers would easily whip the chickens this year. Just an outsider's perspective...
                        Excellent take. If it so happens that WSU and KU meet in the tourney with WSU winning, yet again, there will be rioting in the streets, the likes of which you've rarely seen, even in lib-happy safe places like college campuses. And if Frankamp happens to deliver the game deciding dagger....time may come to a halt.

Comment

#ChokingChickens
                          Attached Files

Comment

My only disagreement, Doc, would be with your last sentence about Frankamp delivering the coup de grace. Not that he couldn't, of course, and wouldn't it be great poetic justice?

But the last time WSU played The Flagship, the game wasn't close enough for there to be a "game deciding dagger." We all remember ZBrown outhustling Sleepy Oubre, who was apparently busy dreaming about the NBA draft -- but that play was more emblematic of the game than it was decisive. A similar result would come as no great surprise.

Comment

Many on SN are talking about a looming Big12 breakup. Why would it happen, and how would it affect the AAC and WSU? Big12 was in talks about adding members, and IIRC, received bids from Cincinnati and Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                My only disagreement, Doc, would be with your last sentence about Frankamp delivering the coup de grace. Not that he couldn't, of course, and wouldn't it be great poetic justice?

But the last time WSU played The Flagship, the game wasn't close enough for there to be a "game deciding dagger." We all remember ZBrown outhustling Sleepy Oubre, who was apparently busy dreaming about the NBA draft -- but that play was more emblematic of the game than it was decisive. A similar result would come as no great surprise.

There's always a "GWRBI" in any sport. It might be a buzzer beater, and it might be the opening 30 footer that starts a 27-0 run from which the opponent never recovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X