X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Level up: College basketball coaches on the rise" - ESPN

Jeff ******* - ESPN Insider
    Posted: 11/03/17, 8:00 AM CT

Keep a close eye on how the season plays out for the coaches on this list. If they have success, they could be coaching your team or your rival in 2018-19.

"Gregg Marshall, Wichita State
    It's going to take a top-15 job and a ton of money for Marshall to leave Wichita, but this is the time for him to get out -- if the right opportunity presents itself. Marshall will likely watch his best seven players depart via graduation or entry into the NBA draft."

******* just won't let it go, will he?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "Level up: College basketball coaches on the rise" - ESPN

Keep a close eye on how the season plays out for the coaches on this list. If they have success, they could be coaching your team or your rival in 2018-19.

It's going to take a top-15 job and a ton of money for Marshall to leave Wichita, but this is the time for him to get out -- if the right opportunity presents itself. Marshall will likely watch his best seven players depart via graduation or entry into the NBA draft."

What 15 MBB Coaching jobs are better than what HC3G has right now in Wichita? ******* is beyond being a p***!

Comment

• That clown ******* is the worst.

Comment

• The recent Season we played in the Final 4, we were picked only 4th in the Valley. Coach Marshall does not need to run from hardship or adversity, but rather he eats such challenges for breakfast.. His continuing coaching highlight reel in Shocker basketball is far from done and the accomplishments will continue to amaze the masses right here at WSU.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I used to get fearful when I heard such things.............now......I just laugh! The one job I really feared him leaving for just fired their coach because of the FBI investigation. It's still a great day to be a shocker, and will be tomorrow also.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              "Level up: College basketball coaches on the rise" - ESPN

I didn't see where he said what those 15 top jobs are. Is Wichita State top 50? Top 100?

His total ignorance just makes me laugh.

Comment

• Matt Norlander has Kansas as a Jayhawk State. Lol

Comment

• Don't believe the hype.

Comment

• "Notre Dame Basketball GAME THREAD: #9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish VS Ball State Cardinals" - SB*Nation

by Joshua Vowles
                    Dec 5, 2017, 5:00pm EST

"SOMETHING CONFUSING
                    How in the world are the Wichita State Shockers ranked ahead of the Irish right now? The Shockers are ranked #6 after Notre Dame beats them on a neutral court, but loses their first game on the road against the #3 ranked Michigan State Spartans. What kind of dumb math are we teaching our youth today."

Perhaps they should have paid more attention to the lil' ole redbirds then their National ranking? :stupid:

Comment

• "Weekly Zag Briefing: Killian Tillie is starting to get more love from national writers and Wichita State is once again compared to Gonzaga." - SB*Nation

By Keith Ybanez
                      Dec 6, 2017, 12:00pm PST

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...y-zag-briefing

"...The data journalists over at 538 took a look at Wichita State’s rise to prominence over the last 5 years and concluded that the only program with a comparable path to becoming a basketball powerhouse is Gonzaga. No surprise there. It doesn’t hurt to have the Koch Brothers serve as the program’s personal bank account either...."

Comment

• I think I’m gonna start claiming that Warren Buffett bankrolls Creighton’s program. Not like anyone bothers to look for the truth anyways.

Comment

• Nobody ever talks about how much Few makes at Gonzaga. Supposedly it's the fly fishing that keeps him there (amongst other things). Some people just can't fathom that there ARE more important things than money in life. Once a person starts making over $300,000/year the actual percentage of "quality of life" increase drastically reduces in it escalation. Gregg and his family LIKE WICHITA. Anyone outside of doo-dah just can't understand, relate, or fathom that. And in this case a liberal writer from a really liberal state (how's that minimum wage thing workin' out for ya Washington??) can't fathom Wichita, Kansas as being a dream for an elite coach. I love the Marshalls and I love Wichita!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I didn't see where he said what those 15 top jobs are. Is Wichita State top 50? Top 100?

His total ignorance just makes me laugh.
                            Apart from the egregious comment about 15ish programs, I get why every year it comes up. I mean, Gregg Marshall is Top 5 coach. Duke, UK, MSU, KU, UNC would all love Gregg Marshall. Every year it's something else, and it makes sense, outside looking in. Fred and Ron gone? Good time to leave. New conference, and big senior class? Good time to go. That's just two that I can clearly see. I always think he is going to stay, but I am outside looking in. So is *******, which is why I never believe a single effing word he says.

Comment

• "College Hoops Upset Picks: Travel To Oklahoma At Your Own Risk" - CBS Atlanta

By DeShaun Tate
                              December 6, 2017 at 12:08 pm

"Oklahoma State vs. Wichita State
                              Tate’s Take: The Shockers have become the new modern-age Gonzaga. A successful program with a plethora of underrated talent and some of the best transfers around. After getting bounced by Notre Dame in a Maui Invitational thriller, WSU bounced back with a very impressive road win versus Baylor. After squeaking past South Dakota State earlier this week, Wichita State needs to work on its defense, which is typically a staple among Greg Marshall-coached teams.

The Shockers may be accustomed to hostile environments but not many are more inhospitable than Gallagher-Iba Arena where the Pokes are extremely tough and very unkind to top-ranked programs. Though Okie State is still trying to figure out who it is from a chemistry standpoint, not many walk out of that arena with a number added to the left side of the results column.

If Jeffrey Carroll gets hot, Wichita State may be calling Markis McDuffie back to suit up sooner than later. Expect the state of Oklahoma to be celebrating huge wins together this weekend over ranked programs."

Comment

• "Canes Hoops is #6 in the country, How Do We Crack the Top 5?" - SB*Nation

Let's take a look at how we stack up with the top 5 teams in college basketball.

By Evan Hadrick
                                Dec 12, 2017, 2:00pm EST

Live scores for every 2023-24 NCAAM season game on ESPN. Includes box scores, video highlights, play breakdowns and updated odds.

"Wichita State is a mid-major school that has turned itself into somewhat of a national powerhouse, featuring in the conversation of top programs for a few years now.... If there's a team that appears especially susceptible to the Canes style of play, however, its Wichita State."

Comment

Working...
                                X