New AHC Donnie Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    I guess you forgot about the relationship between Bruce Pearl and Chris Jahns when Pearl threw Jahns under the bus at Tennessee. Our experience was totally different.

Just presenting this as an example of someone who was supposedly 'dirty' at another program and did not have that experience while here.

Most of us would take Jahns back in a heartbeat, and Marshall obviously felt the same way when he became available after BG.
    Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
    I think you mean Steve Forbes.
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Ummm...Steve Forbes was with Bruce Pearl.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think our pre game scouting takes a significant hit but our recruiting will see a large marginal gain. #inGreggwetrust
      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Interesting... https://hoopdirt.com/two-former-di-h...-organization/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nonsense (as you might expect - just a great song); I'm assuming there's a Mrs. Jones... :)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by WstateU; April 19, 2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Looks like he is also a scout for the LA Clippers.

And sometimes, people are better Indians than Chiefs. You need both in the right place.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

He is getting some love on Twitter...even the comment that he will be recruiting in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Sorry for my misstatement, however, the premise behind it was correct. Really liked the GIF.

Hope you have a great day!

Comment

Can't believe I'm first with this take...
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  Sorry for my misstatement, however, the premise behind it was correct. Really liked the GIF.

Hope you have a great day!
                  Sorry, just being a smart a$$. :)

Comment

He has a better HC resume than the guy we hired to be the baseball HC. And we're getting him as an assistant. Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Makes sense. Guy had a lot of success as an assistant. Appeared to recruit talent to Florida and UCF. Maybe not the best head coach. Has immediate knowledge of the AAC. Sounds pretty solid for what Marshall needs right now.
                      😋
                      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Personally, I love the hire. Already has some experience in the American as a head coach (even if he wasn't very successful). Had great success as an assistant. Might still have some connections to Florida recruiting talent which will help with the fact that we'll be playing two schools down there regularly now. A smart hire in my book.

Comment

Did Gregg and Donnie cross paths at Marshall University?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                            I thought the same thing. Looks like Gregg arrived the year after Donnie left for Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                              Interesting. Possible they overlapped for a year in 1996. Or Marshall may have been Jones' replacement.

Comment

Peter Yannopoulos @PeteYannopoulos

Tremendous move by Greg Marshall & Wichita St hiring @DonnieJones as the lead assistant. 1 of best leaders, developers & recruiters in  

Comment

Working...
                                X