X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AHC Donnie Jones

Jeff *******‏Verified account
    @GoodmanESPN

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall has hired former Central Florida head coach Donnie Jones as his top assistant, source told ESPN.

Assistant to Donovan at Florida during their two National Championships.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

This guy sucked at UCF. He was horrible. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by BULLSHIP View Post
        Guess we'll find out if it was the coach or the school.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

UCF's first year coach took them to the NIT Final Four.

I'd say it's the coach not the school.

Comment

I saw that, too. Perhaps he's an X's and O's kind of guy and not a recruiter. That would explain the lackluster results at both Marshall (arguably had one good season) and UCF.

Perhaps Marshall thought with two relatively inexperienced coaches (one of whom, Linstead, has proved he can recruit while at Sunrise) a guy with good strategy/tactics/X's and O's would be a good fit for the program.

What Jones does bring to the table is a substantial amount of head coaching experience, and specifically in the American conference.

Like most everyone else on here, I think HCGM knows what he wants and needs. If he's OK, I'm OK, too.

Comment

Someone with some head coaching experience, plus familiar with teams in the American? I can dig it.
              Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Was with Billy Donovan for 11 years and won 2 titles with him. I think this is a great hire.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Not to mention the reputation Donovan had at UF for illegal inducements!

Comment

That didn't take long!
                    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                      Not to mention the reputation Donovan had at UF for illegal inducements!
                      I guess you forgot about the relationship between Bruce Pearl and Chris Jahns when Pearl threw Jahns under the bus at Tennessee. Our experience was totally different.

Just presenting this as an example of someone who was supposedly 'dirty' at another program and did not have that experience while here.

Most of us would take Jahns back in a heartbeat, and Marshall obviously felt the same way when he became available after BG.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        I saw that, too. Perhaps he's an X's and O's kind of guy and not a recruiter. That would explain the lackluster results at both Marshall (arguably had one good season) and UCF.

Perhaps Marshall thought with two relatively inexperienced coaches (one of whom, Linstead, has proved he can recruit while at Sunrise) a guy with good strategy/tactics/X's and O's would be a good fit for the program.

What Jones does bring to the table is a substantial amount of head coaching experience, and specifically in the American conference.

Like most everyone else on here, I think HCGM knows what he wants and needs. If he's OK, I'm OK, too.
                        👍🏼👌🏼👍🏼
                        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

I guess you forgot about the relationship between Bruce Pearl and Chris Jahns when Pearl threw Jahns under the bus at Tennessee. Our experience was totally different.

Just presenting this as an example of someone who was supposedly 'dirty' at another program and did not have that experience while here.

Most of us would take Jahns back in a heartbeat, and Marshall obviously felt the same way when he became available after BG.
                          I think you mean Steve Forbes.

Comment

Ummm...Steve Forbes was with Bruce Pearl.
                            78-65

Comment

Makes sense. Guy had a lot of success as an assistant. Appeared to recruit talent to Florida and UCF. Maybe not the best head coach. Has immediate knowledge of the AAC. Sounds pretty solid for what Marshall needs right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X