The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    And this is why I take issue with laying the league's problems at the feet of Elgin. If the university presidents (his bosses), ADs and coaches won't do their parts, he can only do so much.
    I agree with where you are coming from on this. But then I have to wonder why the league needs to have a commissioner that is paid over $300K and a complete staff. Perhaps the Presidents should get rid of some salary from the league offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I agree with where you are coming from on this. But then I have to wonder why the league needs to have a commissioner that is paid over $300K and a complete staff. Perhaps the Presidents should get rid of some salary from the league offices.
      That's a nice thought, but when is the last time you heard about an executive at a similar type of organization (ie. not a business that actually provides a product/service) having his pay reduced.

Maybe they should tie his pay directly to that year's NCAA payout. Then the Arch Madness conspiracy theories would really fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        That's a nice thought, but when is the last time you heard about an executive at a similar type of organization (ie. not a business that actually provides a product/service) having his pay reduced.

Maybe they should tie his pay directly to that year's NCAA payout. Then the Arch Madness conspiracy theories would really fly!
        His pay essentially was tied to NCAA payout, as it pretty much doubled from 2006-2009, and Elgin himself attributed it to NCAA shares. Apparently the logic only applies in one direction though.

Comment

• How much of the blame then can be put on Elgin if it seems the league seems to be run the school presidents?
          Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
            How much of the blame then can be put on Elgin if it seems the league seems to be run the school presidents?
            Elgin doesn't have the ability to form a plan and then sell that plan to his bosses. I don't think the admins in the schools think highly of his leadership or respect his judgement, but he's easy for them to control and easy to get along with. He fits perfectly with the mindset of his bosses. It makes him a bad conference leader, but ensures steady employment.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• According to Weber, being in the Valley didn't hurt WSU. Lol. Yet k-state isn't exactly scrambling to join the Valley under that logic. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...152323832.html

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                According to Weber, being in the Valley didn't hurt WSU. Lol. Yet k-state isn't exactly scrambling to join the Valley under that logic. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...152323832.html
                There is a case to be made. We did rocket as a program while in the Valley. But, yeah, no one wanted to play us, and we got bent over by the selection committee because we got few opportunities to slow our RPI free fall after December.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                  According to Weber, being in the Valley didn't hurt WSU. Lol. Yet k-state isn't exactly scrambling to join the Valley under that logic. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...152323832.html
                  And Weber can just go F himself. Just because. Get a fidget spinner and calm down, jackass.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    And Weber can just go F himself. Just because. Get a fidget spinner and calm down, jackass.
                    My thought is, who cares about what K-State and Bruce Weber think about scheduling us? They act like they would be doing us some huge favor.
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      My thought is, who cares about what K-State and Bruce Weber think
                      Brilliant!

Comment

• How about 1 at Intrust, 1 at Bramlage, and then 1 at Koch. That would seem about right based on the relative positions of the two programs.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          How about 1 at Intrust, 1 at Bramlage, and then 1 at Koch. That would seem about right based on the relative positions of the two programs.
                          how bout none? or just a game at koch?

Comment

• I have to be honest. Playing kstate does not excite me. Maybe years ago, but not anymore.
                            Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                              I have to be honest. Playing kstate does not excite me. Maybe years ago, but not anymore.
                              What excites me is scheduling every other Big 12 team regularly.

Comment

• Move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X