No announcement yet.

The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One rumored report out there is Belmount is the early target.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      ILLST attendance is a little baffling to me. They just fielded the best team they've had in years, but not much uptick in attendance.

Another issue that these MVC schools have is a relatively small base of corporate donors to draw support from.
      I'm wondering what their 2017 numbers were like, because a decline in 2016 from 2015, which was already 1k+ down from 2013, is stunning to me given how much better they've been.

I'd argue that corporate donors are also a factor of attendance.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Drake drew more fans in their 1-hit wonder year in 2008 than ISUr did this year. Which should embarrass the the crap out of that fanbase and program.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          I'm wondering what their 2017 numbers were like, because a decline in 2016 from 2015, which was already 1k+ down from 2013, is stunning to me given how much better they've been.

I'd argue that corporate donors are also a factor of attendance.
          I believe that ILLST average attendance for last season was in the neighborhood of 5,500.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Drake drew more fans in their 1-hit wonder year in 2008 than ISUr did this year. Which should embarrass the the crap out of that fanbase and program.
            They probably knew Drake would never be that good again in their lifetimes.

Comment

True decline of the Valley
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

In an article that is posted somewhere here on SN, it listed 4 candidates as a replacement for expansion: SLU, Valpo, Murray State, Belmont.

The only the Valley has a shot at resurgence expand to 12 teams and add SLU and 2 of the other 3.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  In an article that is posted somewhere here on SN, it listed 4 candidates as a replacement for expansion: SLU, Valpo, Murray State, Belmont.

The only the Valley has a shot at resurgence expand to 12 teams and add SLU and 2 of the other 3.
                  SLU should laugh in the Valley's face, if offered.

Would have been a great idea in 2012
                  The Assman

Comment

How was Drake able to get a 5 seed? Was this the greatest coaching job in history?

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

SLU won't leave the A10. And the others? Is the Horizon or OVC any worse than the Valley without Wichita State?
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by DaytonCane View Post
                        How was Drake able to get a 5 seed? Was this the greatest coaching job in history?
                        It was definitely a year where all of the stars aligned for them. Lost on a deep 3 buzzer beater in NCAA first round. They would have played 13-seed San Diego in next round, so Sweet 16 was certainly very possible for them. Just like Indiana State's dream season with Larry Bird in 1979, they haven't been nationally relevant since then and probably won't ever be again.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by DaytonCane View Post
                          Quite possibly.

Drake will be lucky to ever reach a 5 seed in the MVC Tourney ever again.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They must have read "DUKE", when they were skimming the schools on the list.

Easy mistake.
                            The Assman

Comment

Is anybody else wondering what juicy, forward-thinking plans came out of that emergency meeting yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                Is anybody else wondering what juicy, forward-thinking plans came out of that emergency meeting yesterday?
                                I think they were trying to add Newman U and bring them up from D2.

Comment

Working...
                                X