Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
    Or in St. Charles?
    Even though St. Charles isn't far from St. Louis, it still has enough considerable distance to make it its own town. Family Arena is 23 miles from the Arch, so it's not like you could take a quick jaunt over there.

It also seems like it would reek of having a small-time feel to it...

...which, come to think of it, is exactly why it would not surprise me to see the Valley could consider that.
    78-65

Comment

• Perhaps they will move the men to the 12,000 seat Quad Cities' iWireless Center where the Valley Women currently play their tournament. The Valley Touranment might be a much bigger deal in the Quad Cities area than it is or would be in St. Louis.

Missouri State and SIU might not like it too much though.

The Women's tournament needs to be in a much smaller, cozier environment. Something along the lines of Hartman Arena or a bit smaller.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 15, 2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• The Missouri Valley Conference will hold a press conference at 1:30 p.m. CDT Thursday at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri, regarding the future of the men's basketball tournament.

Since the press conference is being held at the Scottrade Center it seems unlikely the MVC would make an announcement regarding a change in venue. More likely they are announcining an extension of their current deal with Scottrade.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 17, 2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          http://www.courierpress.com/story/sp...ess/104634144/

Since the press conference is being held at the Scottrade Center it seems unlikely the MVC would make an announcement regarding a change in venue. More likely they are announcining an extension fo their current deal with Scottrade.
          Their contract with Scottrade does in fact end after the 2017-2018 season, so you're probably right. Another historic anouncement of 2 to 4 more years at Scottrade is my bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
            That, or moving to a smaller arena more centralized with the remaining schools. I know nothing about the communities where the schools are located except for the names. Would those communities be able to accommodate food/lodging for a 10 team tournament?
            Yes, if those teams are the MVC.

Comment

• Elgin is going to announce the addition of Phoenix University in order to capture the Arizona TV market.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I believe it's actually called the University of Phoenix, Aargh. They'd be killers if you could play the games online.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  I believe it's actually called the University of Phoenix, Aargh. They'd be killers if you could play the games online.
                  Perhaps the MVC is starting an e-sports league!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Perhaps the MVC is starting an e-sports league!
                    That could certainly help with travel expenses....

Comment

• Scrapping the live format and going to simulated games? Everyone always says Elgin is a forward thinking leader.

Comment

• They actually used the term "historic announcement".

today's "historic announcement" is that the tournament will be held at ScottTrade through 2020, a two-year extension.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          They actually used the term "historic announcement".

today's "historic announcement" is that the tournament will be held at ScottTrade through 2020, a two-year extension.

In other news, Martha Stewart Living will be providing the drapes to curtain off the upper decks at Scottrade Center. Some fabulous new pastels I understand.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            In other news, Martha Stewart Living will be providing the drapes to curtain off the upper decks at Scottrade Center. Some fabulous new pastels I understand.
                            Might need to find some for the lower decks too.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              Might need to find some for the lower decks too.
                              On the bright side they could curtain off the end zones and accomodate all the fans between the baselines.

I believe they have already ordered these curtains:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                                Their contract with Scottrade does in fact end after the 2017-2018 season, so you're probably right. Another historic anouncement of 2 to 4 more years at Scottrade is my bet.
                                Swish

Comment

Working...
                                X