Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MaroonMadness/st...60280702455808

Landry and Markis (and many other WSU fans) had some fun with this one.
    Yup. That Maroon Madness slam led to a 15-26 run "for" the Bears to go from 8 down to a 67-86 loss. Gotta look for those rays of sunshine where you can find them.

Comment

• Barry's putting together another solid schedule for SIU

Last year's RPI:

Home:

SIU-E (334)
      San Jose State (191)
      SE Missouri (275)
      Jackson State (322)
      Lamar (230)
      North Carolina A&T (350 - next to last in Div I)

Road:

Winthrop (71)
      Louisville (11)
      Murray State (231)
      St. Louis U (247)

Plus a DII game

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Barry's putting together another solid schedule for SIU

Last year's RPI:

Home:

SIU-E (334)
        San Jose State (191)
        SE Missouri (275)
        Jackson State (322)
        Lamar (230)

Road:

Winthrop (71)
        Louisville (11)
        Murray State (231)
        St. Louis U (247)

Plus a DII game
        In his defense (and a very loose defense at that), I bet that is as good of a schedule as he can put together...at least for home games. His road games aren't bad. SLU will be better, Murray State is usually pretty solid, and both are in the area, making for easy trips.

But still, they have no shot at an at-large with that non-conference slate.
        78-65

Comment

• Looks like another path to 19 wins and an RPI in the 130s. Giddyup!

Comment

In his defense (and a very loose defense at that), I bet that is as good of a schedule as he can put together...at least for home games. His road games aren't bad. SLU will be better, Murray State is usually pretty solid, and both are in the area, making for easy trips.

But still, they never had a shot at an at-large, so a weak schedule doesn't really matter..
            Fixed that last sentence for you.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Fixed that last sentence for you.
              Might not matter to them .. but for anyone in the MVC that happens to surprise some people, it will kill their RPI.

Comment

Might not matter to them .. but for anyone in the MVC that happens to surprise some people, it will kill their RPI.
                Last year the committee valued top-100 wins. I doubt there will be a team in the Valley with a top-100 rpi this year. If there is, it will only be their opponents who have a chance at a top-100 win in conference.

In just over a decade the Valley went from a league with 4 teams in the tournament (should have been 5), and 2 teams in the S16, to a near dead lock as a perennial one-bid league.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MaroonMadness/st...60280702455808

Landry and Markis (and many other WSU fans) had some fun with this one.
                  #alreadyforgot
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• lol scorched in the responses to that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Last year the committee valued top-100 wins. I doubt there will be a team in the Valley with a top-100 rpi this year. If there is, it will only be their opponents who have a chance at a top-100 win in conference.

In just over a decade the Valley went from a league with 4 teams in the tournament (should have been 5), and 2 teams in the S16, to a near dead lock as a perennial one-bid league.
                      I think the Valley will produce two or three top 100 teams.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Barry's putting together another solid schedule for SIU

Last year's RPI:

Home:

SIU-E (334)
                        San Jose State (191)
                        SE Missouri (275)
                        Jackson State (322)
                        Lamar (230)

Road:

Winthrop (71)
                        Louisville (11)
                        Murray State (231)
                        St. Louis U (247)

Plus a DII game
                        Barry is shooting for COY again.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I think the Valley will produce two or three top 100 teams.
                          There were 2 last year. One is gone, and the other lost most of its production. The next closest was 147. There will probably be 1 or 2 simply because someone has to get enough wins to win the league. As another interesting data point, non-WSU MVC teams went 5-62 against the Top 100 last year. 5-62. 8%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            There were 2 last year. One is gone, and the other lost most of its production. The next closest was 147. There will probably be 1 or 2 simply because someone has to get enough wins to win the league. As another interesting data point, non-WSU MVC teams went 5-62 against the Top 100 last year. 5-62. 8%.
                            Dang. Even if you strip out the butt whoopings we dealt in league play, it's still just 8.7% (4-42).

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                              Just curious: does a UConn WBB fan even get excited for conference knowing they're going to win every game? Do they just look forward to the NCAA tourney?
                              Sure we like playing better competition (and dominating them too), but the UCONN WBB fan-base is very loyal and loves seeing them win all season long. It's probably very similar to how your MBBfelt in the MVC.

Comment

• No there was a lot of people saying they weren't going to the games because they were boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X