The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Article didn't mention that his dad is an assistant at UNI. Still a solid get.
    Kind of a significant factor your would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      Still surprises me how many people don't know how to correctly spell the name of our fine city.
      The guy went to Springfield College. It's more a reflection on ignorance and being lazy than Wichita being in "Flyover country." I'd be embarrassed if I misspelled Albuquerque in a national publication. Wichita is pretty damn easy to spell; especially with autocorrect.

Comment

• Good for Northern Iowa. I have no animosity towards the Valley beyond the fact that they either don't have the resources or refused to commit resources to improve their lot.

Comment

• I really hope UNI establishes itself as the class of the valley from here on out. I could do without all the flopping. Ever since Creighton left for the big east UNI was my favorite team to compete with. There were a lot of big moments against them.
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
            I really hope UNI establishes itself as the class of the valley from here on out. I could do without all the flopping. Ever since Creighton left for the big east UNI was my favorite team to compete with. There were a lot of big moments against them.
            UNI fans think it will happen.

Here's a poster's prediction for '18-'19

I think that is a lineup that could run through the MVC much like Wichita has the last few years. Then in 19-20, you only lose Lohaus.
            I am triggered.

Comment

• :smug:
              Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              Still surprises me how many people don't know how to correctly spell the name of our fine city.
              It's "State" that people have a hard time spelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
                :smug:

It's "State" that people have a hard time spelling.
                "University" is tough, too.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  UNI fans think it will happen.

Here's a poster's prediction for '18-'19

I am triggered.
                  I saw someone say that UNI was "loaded" coming up ... one 4 star and a bunch of barely D1 players make you loaded?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    I saw someone say that UNI was "loaded" coming up ... one 4 star and a bunch of barely D1 players make you loaded?
                    In today's MVC? Yes.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• So did anyone see the news about the MVC holding a press conference on Thursday regarding the future of Arch Madness??? Hmmm.....

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                        So did anyone see the news about the MVC holding a press conference on Thursday regarding the future of Arch Madness??? Hmmm.....
                        I'll bet you this announcement is actually historic.

Comment

• Going back to on-campus sites after the current contract expires?
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Going back to on-campus sites after the current contract expires?
                            That, or moving to a smaller arena more centralized with the remaining schools. I know nothing about the communities where the schools are located except for the names. Would those communities be able to accommodate food/lodging for a 10 team tournament?

Comment

• I wonder if they could use SLU's arena. That way, it could still be Arch Madness but wouldn't be in an arena that was so expensive.
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                I wonder if they could use SLU's arena. That way, it could still be Arch Madness but wouldn't be in an arena that was so expensive.
                                Or in St. Charles?

Comment

Working...
                                X