The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    I used to be in this crowd, but I am now convinced there will be fewer rather than more relevant football programs in ten years. Houston, Cincinnati, Boise, UCF, are not going to supplant the traditional regional powers and certainly a start from scratch program will not. I wod love us to have football of we could play DII. May come to pass one day.
    I am still in the camp that says we are just one major "collegiate head injury class action lawsuit" away from the whole NCAA football world being turned on its head. Which in turn throws the whole P5 world on its head. In my dream the schools that are located in major cities, not college towns pursue "innovative" growth via metro collaboration. WSU, Tulsa, Memphis, Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, Temple, SMU happen to be a few of those schools that become Big league. I can dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
      I am still in the camp that says we are just one major "collegiate head injury class action lawsuit" away from the whole NCAA football world being turned on its head. Which in turn throws the whole P5 world on its head. In my dream the schools that are located in major cities, not college towns pursue "innovative" growth via metro collaboration. WSU, Tulsa, Memphis, Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, Temple, SMU happen to be a few of those schools that become Big league. I can dream.
      :mad: Hey now...don't disclude Connecticut's flagship...or our #30 Hartford/New Haven market...or our 3.6 million residents.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
        :mad: Hey now...don't disclude Connecticut's flagship...or our #30 Hartford/New Haven market...or our 3.6 million residents.
        @UCONN_Husky:, see this is where I'm going to admit my New England naivete. I assumed UCONN wasn't in a major city. I'm looking at a map now. If UConn is the flagship given for the state, I'll concede. But do NOT try to convince me otherwise for East Carolina.

Comment

@UCONN_Husky:, see this is where I'm going to admit my New England naivete. I assumed UCONN wasn't in a major city. I'm looking at a map now. If UConn is the flagship given for the state, I'll concede. But do NOT try to convince me otherwise for East Carolina.
          Side comment for @UCONN_Husky:: have you ever noticed that like every other town name in the state of Connecticut is "new?" New London, New Haven, New Milford, New Britain, New Hartford, New Storrs. What's so wrong with being old?

Comment

Side comment for @UCONN_Husky: have you ever noticed that like every other town name in the state of Connecticut is "new?" New London, New Haven, New Milford, New Britain, New Hartford, New Storrs. What's so wrong with being old?
            Haha. Until I learned we would be conference-mates, I didn't know much about the state of Kansas either. I am learning a lot on this board though...

As far as Connecticut is concerned...Don't forget that we are one of 13 original colonies and part of "New England." Many of our towns were named after those in the UK, with a "New" added to it. Cheers!

Comment

Haha. Until I learned we would be conference-mates, I didn't know much about the state of Kansas either. I am learning a lot on this board though...

As far as Connecticut is concerned...Don't forget that we are one of 13 original colonies and part of "New England." Many of our towns were named after those in the UK, with a "New" added to it. Cheers!
              I know I was just playin'. I've enjoyed having your posts on here Husky.

Comment

I know I was just playin'. I've enjoyed having your posts on here Husky.
                Damn it. I was trying to sound smart by giving a history lesson. Haha.

But thanks. The welcoming I've received from the Shocker community has been top-notch. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't have the same reception on the-boneyard. They are a bunch of bitter, old fools.

Also, Bardo and company were right in their American press conference speeches. I never imagined myself planning a trip to Wichita, but it's seriously on my mind now.

Comment

Damn it. I was trying to sound smart by giving a history lesson. Haha.

But thanks. The welcoming I've received from the Shocker community has been top-notch. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't have the same reception on the-boneyard. They are a bunch of bitter, old fools.

Also, Bardo and company were right in their American press conference speeches. I never imagined myself planning a trip to Wichita, but it's seriously on my mind now.
                  Well if you do visit, make it known here. There will be many lining up to take you out for a beer... or wheat smoothie whichever you prefer.

Comment

Well if you do visit, make it known here. There will be many lining up to take you out for a beer... or wheat smoothie whichever you prefer.
                    A wheat beer IS a wheat smoothie!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      ...and therein lies the joke.

Comment

you wouldn't be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          THis made me chuckle, so I "liked" the post. And I don't even drink!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Boston gave us "Cheers" and "Cliff Clavin".

Comment

• It's 9:45 pm Central Time. Only 2hrs 15 min until the valley has completely fallen. And my guess won't rise again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                It's 9:45 pm Central Time. Only 2hrs 15 min until the valley has completely fallen. And my guess won't rise again.
                                Only 55 minutes to go my time. Close to popping those bottles!

Comment

Working...
                                X