2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Lindy created a great dive but does he know anything about college basketball?

“Just remember, the best part about kids is making them.” :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      They at least acknowledged WSU in the top right with Markis.
      Oh, I agree. I think the cover is cool. Just curious why in their Top 10 list they skipped over #3 WSU to highlight #5 KU in blue. Perhaps it was just to make sure readers noticed KU below WSU in their ranking. I'm not sure how big their regions are for print, but I'm sure those two are in the same one.

Comment

• How are the two guys for KSU and Nebraska bigger than anyone we have? Lol
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Anyone know what store is selling the Lindys preview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007 View Post
            From August 18th article
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Raise your hand if 5 years ago you imagined an article like this, prior to any season, was a reasonable expectation.

What a ride this is!
              5 years ago?! jim valvano said nearly 30 years ago that he wanted to coach at wichita state because he thought he could win a national championship here.

team "b" said nearly twenty years ago that wichita state is national championship calibre (program) that team "a" ridiculed.. beacause they should have already had a national championship in '65 (with stallworth and bowman was a no-brainer, slam-dunk).

sport magaine (then VERY reputable publication) ranked wichita state #1 preseason in '81-'82.

i know you grew up on wichita state in the 90's, royal shock. it pours from you. once turgeon left, it all opened up again. hallelujah. like it was before you were born, and definitely would be again.

Comment

• ;

Wichita state at # 9
                Cincinnati at #15
                Attached Files

Comment

• These polls make other American teams seethe with anger and jealousy. We will definitely be the Super Bowl of the American and have targets on our backs just as in the Valley, but against more difficult competition.

Comment

• Wichita State at #7
                    Attached Files

Comment

• "AAC Basketball: Breaking down the stars on each team in the conference" - FanSided

by Lukas Harkins
                      Posted: 08/31/17

There are star players throughout AAC basketball, and each will make a major impact on the 2017-18 season. Let's take a look at each team and their star.

"...ichita State Shockers – SO Landry Shamet/JR Markis McDuffie

Although he is currently injured and could miss the beginning of the 2017-18 season, Landry Shamet will be a frontrunner to win AAC Player of the Year this season. One of the best players in the entire country, Shamet is dangerous in a variety of ways. He can beat you off the dribble, shoot it from deep, make plays for his teammates, and plays solid defense.

After medically redshirting his first year at Wichita State, Shamet had a top-notch freshman campaign with the Shockers. He averaged 11.4 points and 3.3 assists per game on a dazzling 43.9% from 3-point land. For the 2017-18 season, Wichita State is regarded as one of the top teams in the country and the favorite to win the AAC.

In addition to Shamet, the Shockers are privileged to have Markis McDuffie on the roster as well, who will need to step up as the #1 star while Shamet is injured early in the season. Once Shamet returns though, that duo will be one of the toughest to guard in the country.

The AAC boasts a lot of top talent this season, especially with Wichita State joining the conference. The hope is that they can send a bunch of schools to the Big Dance in March, but we will have to see how the season plays out. Star play is what can dictate big games, so which one of these stars will make something happen for their team?"

Comment

• Where are these periodicals being sold? Tried Dillons out east but no luck.

Comment

• Lindys: 9-12-17.

Didn't bother to check the release date of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Wichita State at #7
                            bonzie colson is an incredible basketball player. maybe, just maybe, their best player since adrian dantley. and that's why i wish wsu could be at 100% in maui. notre dame will bring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              Anyone know what store is selling the Lindys preview?
                              Have not found Lindy's preview but did find Athlon Sports College Basketball Preview 2017/18 at Walgreens at 37th street N. and Woodlawn.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• barnes and noble

Comment

Working...
                                X