No announcement yet.

2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that he needs to do more but closer than stated here imo. He doesn't need a NC or F 4s.

Right now he is at

In top 100 coaches with 455 wins
    With 20-25 wins p/yr. 10 yrs. he moves into Top 20 or so
    12 Reg. Season conference Championships to now.
    NCAA Teams?
    Naismith NCOY
    Final 4
    NIT Championship
    Winning percentage over 70 percent

There are a good number of coaches such as Pete Carrill and Marv Harshman who have fewer or close to the achievements that Gregg has right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I agree that he needs to do more but closer than stated here imo. He doesn't need a NC or F 4s.

Right now he is at

In top 100 coaches with 455 wins
      With 20-25 wins p/yr. 10 yrs. he moves into Top 20 or so
      12 Reg. Season conference Championships to now.
      NCAA Teams?
      Naismith NCOY
      Final 4
      NIT Championship
      Winning percentage over 70 percent

There are a good number of coaches such as Pete Carrill and Marv Harshman who have fewer or close to the achievements that Gregg has right now.
      Now that you put it that way, I'm persuaded to agree. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing (which will likely lead to more F4s and a 'Ship anyways).

Although...one can never/should never trust a selection committee... :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Not a HoF lock yet. He's got a NCoY, a F4, and an undefeated regular season. It's going to take more than that.
        disagree 110%. completely. if kresse is in, marshall is in.

no explanation necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          I feel very good about his chances for the College Basketball Hall of Fame but do agree that he needs his One Shining Moment to go to Springfield, MA (as opposed to Springpatch, MO).
          Springpatch. I like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post
            Springpatch. I like that.
            If any of you don't follow this guy on Twitter, I highly recommend it.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Is it just me, or is Coach Marshall the best interview out there?

I get hyped for Wichita basketball every time I hear him speak.

I literally laughed out loud too, when he emphasized that "play angry" doesn't mean we're trying to hurt people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                If any of you don't follow this guy on Twitter, I highly recommend it.
                You're a true spiritual pillar. Thank you.

Comment

• Matt Norlander predicts the AAC: http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...its-best-team/

Comment

• Loved this:
                    1. "Commissioner Mike Aresco agressively pursues inclusion into the Power 5: Aresco and the American put together a hefty PR pitch/manifesto/stratagem in order to up the league's public standing. Here's the thing: the Wichita State inclusion promotes the conference in and of itself. And it's not a "power 6." There's a -- go with me on this term? -- Major 7. The Big East, though not a player in football, is indisputably a top-four conference in college basketball now. We had a major six group of leagues, and the AAC can now definitively be put with those groups thanks to successfully recruiting the Shockers. As for football, that's another matter I'll leave to the gridiron scribes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      Loved this:
                      1. "Commissioner Mike Aresco agressively pursues inclusion into the Power 5: Aresco and the American put together a hefty PR pitch/manifesto/stratagem in order to up the league's public standing. Here's the thing: the Wichita State inclusion promotes the conference in and of itself. And it's not a "power 6." There's a -- go with me on this term? -- Major 7. The Big East, though not a player in football, is indisputably a top-four conference in college basketball now. We had a major six group of leagues, and the AAC can now definitively be put with those groups thanks to successfully recruiting the Shockers. As for football, that's another matter I'll leave to the gridiron scribes."
                      Why not "Magnificent 7" ~ A+ post ~ the Shockers were an essential ingredient in the new mix!!!
                      Last edited by ShanShock; July 10, 2017, 05:35 PM.
                      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Adding Wichita State helps AAC, but league needs UConn to improve

The author did make an error, stating WSU hasn't been past the round of 32 since our Final Four run.

Comment

• Good stuff on Willis this offseason. Shamet and Mcduffie doing some stuff also! Ugh I'm ready for shocker basketball! 😬

Comment

• Get better DWillis!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                              Good stuff on Willis this offseason. Shamet and Mcduffie doing some stuff also! Ugh I'm ready for shocker basketball! 

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...160811724.html
                              i guess this is where i come in with the usual "juco player gets it together in his second year at wichita state."

i expect willis to seriously open some eyes in the aac this year. big. time.

Comment

• If Willis can be productive, even with scouting reports, it would be the equivalent of adding a 6'9" guy. Willis pretty much disappeared once it was known he could only go one direction and didn't play D.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X