2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    In the photos I have seen of HCGM over the summer, he looks very fit, tanned, and relaxed. He's taking care of his health and well-being, so that's good.
    Gotta figure he's no longer having nightmares of going 32-2 and being left out of the big dance. :wsu_posters:

Comment

• Landry with all sorts of off-season love

Landry Shamet -- name casual hoops fans don't really know ... yet. Combo guard can set guys up, shoot it, has length. Wichita's newest star.

Comment

• Didn't know where to post this..but I ventured over to that MVC board earlier today. Just wow. I thought UCONN fans were salty when it came to realignment...but damn. The lateral move talk sure is perplexing. You are now home where you belong (including at csnbbs...love your contribution). The combination of Bardo and Marshall may be the best thing that ever happened at WSU. Congrats and keep on keeping on.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
          Didn't know where to post this..but I ventured over to that MVC board earlier today. Just wow. I thought UCONN fans were salty when it came to realignment...but damn. The lateral move talk sure is perplexing. You are now home where you belong (including at csnbbs...love your contribution). The combination of Bardo and Marshall may be the best thing that ever happened at WSU. Congrats and keep on keeping on.
          Yes. There are some "real" pieces of work over there.

Comment

Didn't know where to post this..but I ventured over to that MVC board earlier today. Just wow. I thought UCONN fans were salty when it came to realignment...but damn. The lateral move talk sure is perplexing. You are now home where you belong (including at csnbbs...love your contribution). The combination of Bardo and Marshall may be the best thing that ever happened at WSU. Congrats and keep on keeping on.
            Anyone of those schools in the Valley would jump in a heartbeat to the AAC if they had the chance.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Anyone of those schools in the Valley would jump in a heartbeat to the AAC if they had the chance.
              I'm not so sure. Most of them are glad WSU is gone because now they have a chance to win the league and auto-bid without raising the bar relative to national relevance.

Comment

• No, none of them would. Go winless in league and spend big bucks to travel all over to do it? No. Now if they had been in our shoes.........

Comment

• Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

Say it ain't so...March Madness expansion!!!

Although, I think Lunardi has some great rationale for the expansion argument.

Comment

• Syracuse finally found a low enough bar to not make the tourney. Better expand it!

Comment

Should have seen them get ****** when I posted some news about Shamet on that board. I thought they'd be interested in some of the accolades a former MVC player was getting.

It seems they weren't exactly delighted to see a thread about Shamet and McDuffie popping back up on their front page. Come to think of it, they were a bit ****** about it when I started the thread.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Post a link so I can have some reading material while I 💩 lmao..

Comment

• Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
                          http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...field-72-teams

Say it ain't so...March Madness expansion!!!

Although, I think Lunardi has some great rationale for the expansion argument.
                          A small expansion of 4 teams with the focus on regular season champs seems fine with me. But the argument of "saving jobs" is down right stupid. College basketball head coaching jobs are a zero sum game, a guy loses his job but another gets it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                            A small expansion of 4 teams with the focus on regular season champs seems fine with me. But the argument of "saving jobs" is down right stupid. College basketball head coaching jobs are a zero sum game, a guy loses his job but another gets it.
                            If you honestly think that the 2017 Illinois States and 2016 Monmouths of the world will benefit from the four extra spots (regular season champs from non-power conferences), I have oceanside property in Arizona to sell you.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              If you honestly think that the 2017 Illinois States and 2016 Monmouths of the world will benefit from the four extra spots (regular season champs from non-power conferences), I have oceanside property in Arizona to sell you.
                              Agreed. But not the oceanside property part. ;)
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                                Yep. A new head coach should treat his first contract like a lottery win. I wouldn't base 30 years of mortgage and boat payments on it.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X