2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamet #8 on ESPN list of top 50 players

The top spot on our list was decided the day Miles Bridges decided he was all-in for another season with Sparty. Who follows him? Well, that isn't as simple, because this crop of college stars has old hands and new faces.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Shamet #8 on ESPN list of top 50 players
      Interesting how NONE of the Shox players are ever on the list of the top 50 players in their HS class, but Marshall consistently puts players on the top-50 list of college players in any class.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Interesting how NONE of the Shox players are ever on the list of the top 50 players in their HS class, but Marshall consistently puts players on the top-50 list of college players in any class.
        That IS interesting.

Marshall must either be a better basketball coach than his peers, have a better eye for talent than the recruiting services......or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          What's the Oscar Robinson Trophy? Is it similar to the Oscar Robertson Trophy?

Comment

• Array

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              Array
              This array thing is getting on my nerves. I design these funny as hell retorts to a post and all I get when the post is submitted is ARRAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

This array thing is getting on my nerves. I design these funny as hell retorts to a post and all I get when the post is submitted is ARRAY!
                Some of my best work turns "Array"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Some of my best work turns "Array"...

Our very own Kung Wu could box this Kung Fu's ears!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Several show Shox to final 4, even more with 3G as Coach of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      He's going to be covering the American. I'm torn on this. While it's nice to have someone that knows WSU so well covering it, he's so over the top he loses credibility at times and I was looking forward to a fully clean separation.
                      Is it possible that with higher quality games to call that his hyperbole will be significantly less, or at least seem more reasonable. I'm not really disagreeing only thinking out loud through the keyboard. I love his Shocker game calling and have always chalked up his bluster as making chicken salad out of chicken she-ite.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Several show Shox to final 4, even more with 3G as Coach of the Year.

11 of the 26 have WSU in the F4. 6 of the 26 tab Marshall as NCOY.

I like to gripe about respect not given to WSU. But it is fun to sit back and enjoy a very sizable portion of the media predicting WSU as a Final Four team in November. It is a testament to the hard work of a lot of people.

Now that I'm done with that, I'll just point out that the toolbag ******* is not one of the 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

11 of the 26 have WSU in the F4. 6 of the 26 tab Marshall as NCOY.

I like to gripe about respect not given to WSU. But it is fun to sit back and enjoy a very sizable portion of the media predicting WSU as a Final Four team in November. It is a testament to the hard work of a lot of people.

Now that I'm done with that, I'll just point out that the toolbag ******* is not one of the 11.
                            Yeah but none have us as the Champion.

Comment

• im4wsu
                              im4wsu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's good -- something to put on the bulletin board for additional motivation!

• Aargh
                              Aargh commented
                              Editing a comment
                              When bulletin board material becomes "someone didn't pick us to win the National Cahmpionship" and that's where you gotta go to play the "no respect card", I think that's a good thing.

• FadedCrown
                              FadedCrown commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What an era we are at guys

• Good article (if you have access to The Athletic) by Ken Pomeroy on current streaks in college basketball.

One of the pre-game rituals for media members is reading the notes provided by each school’s sports information department. These sheets include statistical nuggets and tidbits worthy of being mentioned on a broadcast or in print. But there are also an endless number of facts being generated by...

Shocks have the current longest streak without a player fouling out at 28 games. Last game where we had someone disqualified was Shaq against Mich. St. He fouled out in 10 mins of playing time. Rauno also fouled out of that game.
                            One of the pre-game rituals for media members is reading the notes provided by each school’s sports information department. These sheets include...

Comment

• Cdizzle
                              Cdizzle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That MSU game was bullcrap. How Shaq fouled out in 10 minutes and that oaf #44 did whatever he wanted, I'll never know. Actually, I already know, and it's upsetting.

• https://www.ourdailybears.com/2017/1...ott-drew-hoops

Baylor hosts Wichita State on December 2nd. For SB Nation, I argued Wichita State should be the preseason No. 1 team. The Shockers are also my pick to win the national championship. I reserve the right to change this pick because Markis McDuffie—the Shockers second best player—is likely out. And Landry Shamet, the Shockers best player, should be playing. Both suffered off-season injuries. Wichita State’s struggled some early in the season, but with the Shockers returning five starters, I think they’ll win a close one over Baylor. Shamet will simply be too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X