2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    That actually might surpass his lifetime POW honors in the Valley.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Tony Patelis@CollegeHoopNews 2h2 hours ago Follow Follow @CollegeHoopNewsFollowing Following @CollegeHoopNewsUnfollow Unfollow @CollegeHoopNewsBlocked Blocked @CollegeHoopNewsUnblock Unblock @CollegeHoopNewsPending Pending follow request from @CollegeHoopNewsCancel Cancel your follow request to @CollegeHoopNews

More
      • Copy link to Tweet
      • Embed Tweet

Wichita State might be the best rebounding team in CBB. They literally murder teams on the boards. #Shockers

Comment

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just FYI .. you can use the "tweet" tag along with the number from the URL of the tweet to embed it and make it more readable .. this one would have been [ tweet ] 940268027261669376 [ /tweet ] without any spaces.

• Finally, about that NCAA tournament bid. The road probably goes through the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, and that road got a little less daunting this season. No Wichita State, the Shockers off to the American.

“I really wanted Wichita State to stay, just so we could get that win,” Jackson said. But there’s an upside, too.

“What I think is happening, it’s given the whole league this huge infusion of opportunity and excitement. Everyone is like, why not us?” Moser said. “I think that’s been a jolt of confidence, and why you see our whole league playing at a high level right now. We’re just like the other nine. Why not us?”

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...ers-team-upset

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Whereas previously it was "WSU is good, let's just suck all year!"

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

• AndShock
        AndShock commented
        Editing a comment
        They spent their whole season looking forward to one game, now they can focus on each opponent.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta hand it to Jackson for his competitive spirit. If you can't aspire to excellence, why bother? And WSU made it easy these past several years for Valley players and schools to define aspiring to excellence, although not easy to achieve it.

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Finally, about that NCAA tournament bid. The road probably goes through the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, and that road got a little less daunting this season. No Wichita State, the Shockers off to the American.

“I really wanted Wichita State to stay, just so we could get that win,” Jackson said. But there’s an upside, too.

“What I think is happening, it’s given the whole league this huge infusion of opportunity and excitement. Everyone is like, why not us?” Moser said. “I think that’s been a jolt of confidence, and why you see our whole league playing at a high level right now. We’re just like the other nine. Why not us?”

shocks02--just sent you a pm.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Finally, about that NCAA tournament bid. The road probably goes through the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, and that road got a little less daunting this season. No Wichita State, the Shockers off to the American.

Can someone remind Mr. Jackson what Loyola’s record is against WSU since joining the Valley?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• wheathead
          wheathead commented
          Editing a comment
          It's pronounced, "0-fer" as in g00se egg. As in zer0.

I can easily believe Moser. In previous years coaches could give their team a pep talk at the beginning of the year, "We're going to go out and win some games. We aren't going to accept anything less than second place". That'll really get the team going - NOT! All of a sudden, players and coaches in the Valley think they can win the league and play in the NCAA tourney. Now that things are "even".
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It's a great day to be a shocker.....not in the Valley.

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again....I'm not going to tear down the Valley even though they did everything they could to drag down WSU the last 10 years.

That being said, to say it's great to play conference games you're excited to win instead of being scared to death to lose is something I'm SO looking forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I've said it before and I'll say it again....I'm not going to tear down the Valley even though they did everything they could to drag down WSU the last 10 years.

That being said, to say it's great to play conference games you're excited to win instead of being scared to death to lose is something I'm SO looking forward to.
              How did the Valley die? Back in 2006 it was a deadly conference, with 6 teams deserving a bid, and getting royally screwed with 4. It was all seriously downhill after that.

I enjoyed the "MVC! MVC! MVC!" Chants after knocking out top seeds in the NCAA's. It's really too bad nobody else committed to basketball like we did.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                ShockerPrez commented
                Editing a comment
                Because only 2 programs considered that moment as a taste of what could be, and the rest saw it as the finish line.

• Heinro
                Heinro commented
                Editing a comment
                Because from then on, the committee made it increasingly difficult for mids to get bids; Lowery quit on SIU; Creighton bolted; etc.

• Hey, everyone. I’ve been a longtime visitor to this site, so it feels a little strange to finally post something on here. I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. If not, feel free to move it.

My name is Kyle, and my good friend Billy and I recently started a new website (shockerland.com) completely dedicated to covering Shocker basketball. We are both basketball junkies who love the Shox and want to see Shocker Nation continue to grow.

Shockerland is an independent site that offers articles and videos on our beloved Shockers. I would love to get your opinions on the site: what you like, what could be improved, what you’d like to see more of, etc.

Once a week Billy and I record a video/podcast for the site. We will be filming this week’s episode later today, so if you have any questions or topics you’d like discussed, you have a couple hours to get those to me.

Anyway, thank you for reading my first post on here. Thank you for checking out Shockerland. And thank you for your questions and feedback. I appreciate it. Go Shox!

Comment

• ShockCrazy
                ShockCrazy commented
                Editing a comment
                Just a suggestion, not sure if your framework supports this but if possible make the titles link to the articles as well. Makes it a bit easier from a flow standpoint.

• Shockerland
                Shockerland commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea. I’ll see if it will let me. Thank you!

• Originally posted by Shockerland View Post
              Hey, everyone. I’ve been a longtime visitor to this site, so it feels a little strange to finally post something on here. I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. If not, feel free to move it.

My name is Kyle, and my good friend Billy and I recently started a new website (shockerland.com) completely dedicated to covering Shocker basketball. We are both basketball junkies who love the Shox and want to see Shocker Nation continue to grow.

Shockerland is an independent site that offers articles and videos on our beloved Shockers. I would love to get your opinions on the site: what you like, what could be improved, what you’d like to see more of, etc.

Once a week Billy and I record a video/podcast for the site. We will be filming this week’s episode later today, so if you have any questions or topics you’d like discussed, you have a couple hours to get those to me.

Anyway, thank you for reading my first post on here. Thank you for checking out Shockerland. And thank you for your questions and feedback. I appreciate it. Go Shox!
              Very nice, bookmarked. Thank you for this.

Comment

• I don't have the guts to go to an unknown website like that on work computer, but I'll try to check it out tonight, assuming others check it out and don't find their computers dialing up STDs.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Shoxthemonkey
                  Shoxthemonkey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It didn't raise any flags on my work computer. Pretty slick layout and my first impression of one of the videos was that it was well done. I'll probably waste time there as well. I don't think there is ever too much Shocker info out there.

• This week’s episode of Shockerland TV is now up and running on the site. https://www.shockerland.com/shockerl...episode-5.html We experimented with a new segment this week with a game called “What Are the Chances?” That segment starts at the 21:32 mark. I would love to hear your opinions on that segment and the video in general. Billy and I are new to this, but we’re trying to improve every week.

Also, I don’t want to flood the forum with my spam, so let me know how often (if at all) you want me to post our stuff on here. Thanks again.

Comment

This week’s episode of Shockerland TV is now up and running on the site. https://www.shockerland.com/shockerl...episode-5.html We experimented with a new segment this week with a game called “What Are the Chances?” That segment starts at the 21:32 mark. I would love to hear your opinions on that segment and the video in general. Billy and I are new to this, but we’re trying to improve every week.

Also, I don’t want to flood the forum with my spam, so let me know how often (if at all) you want me to post our stuff on here. Thanks again.
                  Nice job.

Comment

This week’s episode of Shockerland TV is now up and running on the site. https://www.shockerland.com/shockerl...episode-5.html We experimented with a new segment this week with a game called “What Are the Chances?” That segment starts at the 21:32 mark. I would love to hear your opinions on that segment and the video in general. Billy and I are new to this, but we’re trying to improve every week.

Good job you guys!

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                    X