2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    "Slightly Less Way Too Early But Still Way Too Early Mid-Major Madness Power Rankings" - SB Nation

by Russell Steinberg
    May 31, 2017, 7:35am PDT

ANY ONE NOTICE ANYTHNG DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS YEARS RANKINGS?
    You know that The Valley is trash when only one team is ranked or receiving votes in the mid-major top 25. That team also happens to lose a ton of talent and really probably won't even be as good as they are ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "Slightly Less Way Too Early But Still Way Too Early Mid-Major Madness Power Rankings" - SB Nation

by Russell Steinberg
      May 31, 2017, 7:35am PDT

ANY ONE NOTICE ANYTHNG DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS YEARS RANKINGS?
      look at that list. so stupid to call those teams mid-major.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        look at that list. so stupid to call those teams mid-major.
        Gonzaga is a midmajor blueblood, playing in a Power 8 conference. Or something like that.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Gonzaga is a midmajor blueblood, playing in a Power 8 conference. Or something like that.
          yep

Comment

• It seems strange to see Gonzaga (of all teams) still showing up on this Mid-Major listing when we have disappeared from it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
              It seems strange to see Gonzaga (of all teams) still showing up on this Mid-Major listing when we have disappeared from it?
              Yes it does indeed seem strange. That damn conference affiliation perception stinks...
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                It seems strange to see Gonzaga (of all teams) still showing up on this Mid-Major listing when we have disappeared from it?
                Simply illustrates how silly the label and category are.

Comment

• The Mid-Major term really needs to be applied on a school-by-school basis. There are Major programs in Mid-Major conferences and Mid-Major programs in Major conferences. It really is a shame how college sports terms have evolved.

Comment

• Just look how far the MWC has fallen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Just look how far the MWC has fallen.
                      WSU is where they belong.

A lot of West Coast programs like to complain about the "East Coast bias." But when you look at the facts, we have the eyeballs and success to back it up. Eastern/Central Time Zones are where the population/money/prestige are at.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                        WSU is where they belong.

A lot of West Coast programs like to complain about the "East Coast bias." But when you look at the facts, we have the eyeballs and success to back it up. Eastern/Central Time Zones are where the population/money/prestige are at.
                        And back in the day when the SN faithful were debating which conference we think would be the best I bet we could find somewhere where old pogo thought the American would be the best because of the coverage one gets when one plays in east and central time zones so as to maximize exposure Saturday night and Sunday morning. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          And back in the day when the SN faithful were debating which conference we think would be the best I bet we could find somewhere where old pogo thought the American would be the best because of the coverage one gets when one plays in east and central time zones so as to maximize exposure Saturday night and Sunday morning. :)
                          No kidding. A West coast time zone would not have been good for the program.

Comment

• I never wanted the MWC over the American by any means. But I bet I said I thought the MWC or the A10 were where we needed to get to. And I know I used to say I would root for the MVC to get better and add good programs. All of this was because I never thought landing a spot in the American was even a possibility. It was never that I thought those things would be better. I was thinking too small. This situation is incredible.

Comment

• I never wanted the MWC. Too many away games played at elevation. Makes a huge home court advantage. No real quality basketball programs. The MWC is not focused on basketball in any way. It's the way to fill the time between football and spring football.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I never wanted the MWC. Too many away games played at elevation. Makes a huge home court advantage. No real quality basketball programs. The MWC is not focused on basketball in any way. It's the way to fill the time between football and spring football.
                                The AAC is perfect for where our program is at right now. Great fit for both parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X