No announcement yet.

2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More coverage from our new favorite web host.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

American: 3 weeks of media rollout on how great the conference and Wichita State are, focusing on how WSU helps strengthen the conference to their desired level.

MVC: Tiny-britches-wearing school gets more from the league than we get from them.

Comment

Pretty sure Mike Aresco uses Burt Reynolds' plastic surgeon. Nevertheless, awesome that the league's PR department is putting on the full court press. I'm sure UMKC can count on a similar rollout from the MVC.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          More coverage from our new favorite web host.

Matt Norlander displaying Kansas Point of No Return LP.
          I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Got a good chuckle from this...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Zach sure is a character. You can see why his teammates always said he kept the team loose and having fun.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                Zach sure is a character. You can see why his teammates always said he kept the team loose and having fun.
                A couple of great guys...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A couple of great guys...

Is it me or does Simon look like he could be a twin brother of Craig Steven.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    "Opinion | Wichita State could make the AAC a power six conference" - News Record (University of Cincinnati)

Ethan Rudd, Staff Reporter
                    Monday, April 10, 2017 8:20am

"Remember all that talk about the University of Cincinnati joining the Big 12? Remember how it all amounted to nothing?

In case you missed it, UC made a bid to join the Big 12 six months ago, hoping to enter a power five conference. Ultimately, UC and a slew of other schools in the American Athletic Conference were denied entry into the Big 12.

Cincinnati, Houston and Memphis weren’t outright rejected by the Big 12. Instead, the conference decided that it was in its own best interest not to expand.

The non-move provided a lesson for UC and Bearcat fans: Moving to another athletic conference is by no means guaranteed, even for the most attractive candidates.

For now, it appears that UC will stay put in the AAC, whether they like it or not.

...It’s no wonder then that the AAC voted unanimously to add Wichita State.

The move is a win-win for both sides. Wichita State gets to play in a conference that is more competitive than the Missouri Valley Conference, which reps teams like Loyola and Bradley, and the AAC gets to add a great basketball program.

Perhaps the move could start a domino effect of sorts by attracting other teams like Gonzaga or Dayton.

Building the AAC into a more competitive conference may be the most realistic way for UC to play in a power conference.

Why not? Who needs a power five when you can create a power six?"
                    🤙🤙🤙
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      That's the kind of mindset I hope all the AAC schools adapt. I want the AAC to adapt the "Play Angry" mindset. It's the AAC vs the world, and we'll kick everyone's ass.
                      That's sticking it to them!
                      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                        Is it me or does Simon look like he could be a twin brother of Craig Steven.
                        I was thinking they WERE related???

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          If I remember right, that guy grew up in Wichita, and might even be a WSU alum. He's not one of those NE KS snobs.
                          Kevin Haskins is from Wichita. Graduated from North High and then K-State.

Comment

This really is more "fan love" than "media love", but Adam Warne just knocks these videos out of the park. If this video doesn't make you want to build a brick wall and then run through it, I don't what will. Very well done, Adam Warne! I hope this Facebook video link is public, BTW.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

This really is more "fan love" than "media love", but Adam Warne just knocks these videos out of the park. If this video doesn't make you want to build a brick wall and then run through it, I don't what will. Very well done, Adam Warne! I hope this Facebook video link is public, BTW.

https://www.facebook.com/shw1zz/vide...1268931987382/
                              Looks like it is public. Holy cow, that is incredible.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/shw1zz/vide...1268931987382/
                                GOOSEBUMPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X