Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    #8 Tech lost at Texas.

A win at Houston keeps us in the Top 10.
    Maybe, but we'll need a lot more help than that if we are going to stay in the top ten. Texas Tech lost AT Texas. They will not be punished as much as we will be for losing at home. Right now we will probably drop behind TTU, MSU, KU, and potentially Xavier if everyone wins out the rest of the week.

A loss sucks, and last night was not fun, but I'm so excited to be in a conference where we have to be on our toes or we can lose at home. It also means we have a chance for quality wins to climb back up the rankings and grab a higher seed before the season ends.

Comment

• OU, TX Tech and West Virginia will also be dropping with us, so there’s that.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        If OU wins this weekend, they will be ahead of WSU on 90% of the ballots come Monday. Same story with West Virginia.

Texas Tech would be closer, but they too would likely be ahead of the Shox if they win this weekend.

WSU is likely dropping into the 10-12 range. (assuming they can get past Houston, which is far from a guarantee)

• Call me pessimistic, but we drop to #15 or lower if I had to guess. Our quality wins are becoming few and far between, and our record vs the top 40 in KenPom isn't helping our case.
      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        unfortunately, our quality wins are all stacked in the last 3-4 weeks of the season ....

• I'll probably wait to make a prediction until we see what happens on Saturday. But if we lose there too, then I could see a drop to 15 possible.

Comment

• Not a national poll but down to 15th in KenPom

Comment

Editing a comment
          Just for some context... Last week the Shox were AP #5 when they were KenPom #10.

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
        Call me pessimistic, but we drop to #15 or lower if I had to guess. Our quality wins are becoming few and far between, and our record vs the top 40 in KenPom isn't helping our case.
        #16-#21 (yes, all 6 teams in that range) have already lost this week, and #20 was the only 1 of the 6 that lost to someone ranked. If WSU wins Saturday, they will still fall from #7, but there is a 0% chance the Shox fall outside the top 15. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

#12-#15 have a grand total of 1 top 25 opponent this week "(#15 UNC already beat #20, at home), meaning virtually no major resume building opportunities. Even if none of them lose, given how far back they are from WSU in poll points this week, I would be shocked to see any of this group of 4 pass the Shox. Maybe, maybe #12 Cincinnati jumps WSU since they would be all alone leading the American, but for them to make up more than 400 points in one week is unlikely in my mind.

I think #10 or #11 is most likely. #12 is the absolute worst case scenario.

Comment

Editing a comment
          With #13 Gonzaga losing at home to St. Mary's, #12 as the absolute worst case result (assuming a win Saturday) is now carved in stone. With a few results falling our way over the weekend, I could see the Shox coming in as high as #9.

Regardless, we are talking about a 3 loss Shocker team in January, that lacks a win over a team even sniffing the top 25, hanging onto a top 10 ranking. RESPECT.

• I expected to squeak past SMU and lose to Houston. My guess is that if we beat HU, we fall to 12. If we lose to them, 19-20 maybe.

Comment

• 60Shock
          60Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          I think your analysis, Pin, is very likely.

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          HU? HU dat -- Harvard? Houston calls itself U-H. Or is this the American Conference version of NIU for Northern Iowa so as to confuse everyone between the UNIPanthers and Northern Illinois?

Editing a comment
          I can't fathom any scenario where the Shox fall all the way to #20.

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 18th next week if we're lucky.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems about right.

• Would not be surprised if we drop out.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            Would not be surprised if we drop out.
            Dont think it’s quite that dire. We did lose to two Top 50 teams that are borderline in the tourney (due to a good bit of irony).

Comment

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying the sky is falling, but the media might be fickle enough to think we are a paper tiger.

• 18-21 wouldn't surprise me

Comment

• 15 to 20, but lets face it we sure didn't look like a top 25 team today.

Comment

Comment

• 17 or 18.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                  X