Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      Would not be surprised if we drop out.
      Overreaction alert.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ESPN just reported MSU losing too. Don’t remember what metric but MSU is 33 and WSU 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Would not be surprised if we drop out.
          I’ll take the other extreme. I won’t be surprised to see WSU at #15, and ain’t no way they even fall out of top 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

I’ll take the other extreme. I won’t be surprised to see WSU at #15, and ain’t no way they even fall out of top 20.
            I have a more pessimistic outlook on MSM, but I hope you are right.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Wouldn’t mind seeing us fall out of the rankings. Show our guys that they aren’t intitaled to sh**. They have to earn it. We aren’t a top 10 team I really haven’t been all year.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Dont think it’s quite that dire. We did lose to two Top 50 teams that are borderline in the tourney (due to a good bit of irony).
                There is a difference between losing by 1 point each to okay teams and essentially being dominated for 80 straight minutes by said teams. If we had just lost narrowly I could see 15, but losing so badly I really don't see people thinking we are worthy of points. Enough people will leave us totally off ballots that we'll land either late 20s or out.

Frankly, we are closer to the NIT than we are to wearing white in the NCAA tournament. Forgot a run in March, the team needs to improve dramatically to even start thinking in that direction. We've done a thorough job trashing our credibility.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                  Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Closer to the NIT than to wearing white"? That's just crazy talk.

• if any pollsters actually watched that early game.. mm.. 18-22. they'd be lucky to have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  Wouldn’t mind seeing us fall out of the rankings. Show our guys that they aren’t intitaled to sh**. They have to earn it. We aren’t a top 10 team I really haven’t been all year.
                  Putty attitude.

Aren't we kinda over the fly-under-the-radar, little-engine-that-could program? Stop acting scared of success and recognition.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

There is a difference between losing by 1 point each to okay teams and essentially being dominated for 80 straight minutes by said teams. If we had just lost narrowly I could see 15, but losing so badly I really don't see people thinking we are worthy of points. Enough people will leave us totally off ballots that we'll land either late 20s or out.

Frankly, we are closer to the NIT than we are to wearing white in the NCAA tournament. Forgot a run in March, the team needs to improve dramatically to even start thinking in that direction. We've done a thorough job trashing our credibility.

The overreactions by some today have been incredible. But the King takes the cake.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                      Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fever, you and I gonna become friends this season if these sky is falling posts keep showing up.

• I think that the Shockers will be ranked 10-15 this week. And we have had it to easy the last few years at the MVC. Coming to a power 6 conference, it was not going to be easy. But I will take these games any time. Usually with MVC I would be so bored I would be on Facebook and just seeing the game. Now I’m over here yelling, cursing, wondering what is going on. Cheering for all those wonderful 3’s or those crazy dunks. And knowing that if we loose we have to try to fix our problems and get us ready for the big dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                      I think that the Shockers will be ranked 10-15 this week. And we have had it to easy the last few years at the MVC. Coming to a power 6 conference, it was not going to be easy. But I will take these games any time. Usually with MVC I would be so bored I would be on Facebook and just seeing the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The overreactions by some today have been incredible. But the King takes the cake.
                        Which point do you disagree with?

1. There is a difference between losing by a few points and being 10 points down practically from tip off.
                        2. A fair number of pollsters will leave us off the ballot, giving us a lot of "0s" in the points column
                        3. We are closer to the NIT than an 8 seed in the tournament
                        4. The team needs to improve to even think about a run in March.
                        5. We've trashed our credibility.

My guess is that you take exception to number 3.

We are 15-4 without a single super quality win (best is vs fringe top 50 Marquette). We will finish somewhere between 29-4 and 21-10. That low puts us at 30-40 RPI, but with no quality wins. That's a highway to the NIT, and we are headed in that direction. The current level of play can do no better than that 21-10, because it will lose the four "major" games we have coming up, and at least 2 more (AAC tournament, drop another game at home). That is overwhelmingly the most likely outcome from what we've seen so far, and that puts us somewhere between a 9 seed and the NIT.

I can show you the numbers if you don't believe me.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Asks to see the numbers...

• The AAC will be taking 3.5 to the big dance. If we end up 2nd or 3rd in the conference we are in. We don’t even have to take the tournament at all. Unlike MVC where we either had to win tournament or win the conference. I remember one year we had to win both just to get in. In other words we have a way better chance at the big dance.

Comment

Working...
                        X