No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So CBS SPORTS has us at 15 as of today. Well let’s see what they give us on Sunday. But either way. They always rank us lower. So yeah between 10-15 for sure and the will put us at 15-25
    Last edited by El_Wu; January 20, 2018, 09:16 PM. Reason: Sometimes copy and paste is to much.

Comment

• El_Wu
      El_Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Just in from unreliable source. So they have us at 15 ESPN will probably ranks us better than that. My guess.

• I wouldn't mind seeing us fall out the rankings. Our head coach works magic when we're disrespected. If you've paid attention during the 3G era, our disappointments are generally after getting respect. We lose our edge. 3G is a tremendous underdog coach, but not so much as a favorite when playing high level competition. We've been given too much respect this season.

Sad that this year's team will get a 3-6 seed and last year's got a 10. Think we all know last year's was a hungrier, more untied group that would b**** slap this team 7/10 games.

Comment

• dropping to 18-20 is needed

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
        We are 15-4 without a single super quality win (best is vs fringe top 50 Marquette). We will finish somewhere between 29-4 and 21-10. That low puts us at 30-40 RPI, but with no quality wins. That's a highway to the NIT, and we are headed in that direction. The current level of play can do no better than that 21-10, because it will lose the four "major" games we have coming up, and at least 2 more (AAC tournament, drop another game at home). That is overwhelmingly the most likely outcome from what we've seen so far, and that puts us somewhere between a 9 seed and the NIT.

I can show you the numbers if you don't believe me.
        I've found rpiforecast.com to be pretty reliable. I put in finishing 8-3, losing to SMU away and both games to Cincy. That puts our record at 23-7 and a predicted RPI of 19.

Threw in a loss at Temple. 22-8 and a predicted RPI of 24.

Yes, seemed a little high to me, but they do a good job of crunching the numbers. There will not be many, if any, teams with 7 losses in the Top 15 or top 4 seed lines. I believe there will be a number of teams with 7-8 losses in the 5-7 seeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I've found rpiforecast.com to be pretty reliable. I put in finishing 8-3, losing to SMU away and both games to Cincy. That puts our record at 23-7 and a predicted RPI of 19.

Threw in a loss at Temple. 22-8 and a predicted RPI of 24.

Yes, seemed a little high to me, but they do a good job of crunching the numbers. There will not be many, if any, teams with 7 losses in the Top 15 or top 4 seed lines. I believe there will be a number of teams with 7-8 losses in the 5-7 seeds.
          Games @ Memphis, @ Tulane, and @ UCF aren’t gimmies.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Which point do you disagree with?

1. There is a difference between losing by a few points and being 10 points down practically from tip off.
            2. A fair number of pollsters will leave us off the ballot, giving us a lot of "0s" in the points column
            3. We are closer to the NIT than an 8 seed in the tournament
            4. The team needs to improve to even think about a run in March.
            5. We've trashed our credibility.

My guess is that you take exception to number 3.

We are 15-4 without a single super quality win (best is vs fringe top 50 Marquette). We will finish somewhere between 29-4 and 21-10. That low puts us at 30-40 RPI, but with no quality wins. That's a highway to the NIT, and we are headed in that direction. The current level of play can do no better than that 21-10, because it will lose the four "major" games we have coming up, and at least 2 more (AAC tournament, drop another game at home). That is overwhelmingly the most likely outcome from what we've seen so far, and that puts us somewhere between a 9 seed and the NIT.

I can show you the numbers if you don't believe me.
            The team played like **** today (which happens) but you are the absolute worst. This type of post demonstrates what happens to people who think WSU should go 31-0 every year and play 40 minutes of perfect basketball every game.

Which points do I disagree with? LMAO All of them. Well, maybe not #4 but that's as obvious as pie.

1. We lost by 13 at home to Indiana State and by 12 to Creighton in 2013. We lost by 16 at UNI in 2015. We lost by 10 at Tulsa, 23 to Iowa in 2016, and we lost by 14 at Illinois State in 2017. Guess what all of those seasons have in common?

2. A fair number of pollsters are going to drop us from 7th to unranked? LOL, are you insane? I suppose you feel the same about #8 Texas Tech, who got pasted by 18 at Iowa State today? This was certifiably insane and if you truly believe that we are going to fall to the high 20's or unranked, then put your ****** money where your ****** mouth is and bet me.

3. This may be the dumbest thing you've ever typed out and that says A LOT. I'm not even gonna argue this one with you to save yourself any embarrassment.

5. Trashed our credibility? By losing to a Top 50 team on the road? LMFAO. Do you want me to list the names of all the ranked teams that have lost Top 50 games on the road? Or even worse, how about a list of ranked teams that have lost worse than Top 50 games on the road (something which WSU does not have on their resume)?

I'm gonna bump this post in 3 weeks when you suddenly go missing and bump it every day for pure amusement and hopefully the embarrassment that will come before you will shake the screws loose in your head enough to set any sort of coherent thought processes back in alignment.

My god, you are the WORST.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Games @ Memphis, @ Tulane, and @ UCF aren’t gimmies.
              No, but they should be wins. UCF is short handed and Memphis and Tulane are below 100 RPI. Never said they were gimmies, however, our team is the same team that Danced last year and should be better than they were then. It's up to the coaching staff to see that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

No, but they should be wins. UCF is short handed and Memphis and Tulane are below 100 RPI. Never said they were gimmies, however, our team is the same team that Danced last year and should be better than they were then. It's up to the coaching staff to see that happens.
                I agree. I’m just saying I would take 23-7 no questions asked. It might end up quite a bit worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Putty attitude.

Aren't we kinda over the fly-under-the-radar, little-engine-that-could program? Stop acting scared of success and recognition.
                  Scared of success? Last I checked teams don’t hang banners for where they were ranked in January. Ultimately what is important is getting our guys ready for March. Period.

When has WSU looked like a top 10 team all year? I’ll wait. The reality is WSU has not been ranked so high this season because of play this year, but because of our play in previous years.

Something clearly is wrong with this team. They have not looked right the entire year. We all know how good of a team they can be. If WSU falling out of the rankings in January lights a fire in them to get closer to that team we know they can be, then sign me up.

You can continue to hang your banners for where WSU is ranked in January. I’ll focus on our play in March and April.

Comment

• I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but 9 other ranked teams lost one game and 4 other teams lost two games so I doubt we fall out of the top 20. I'd say 16-18. Like others have posted, I'd almost rather fall out for a week to give these guys a little extra focus/motivation.

Comment

• In order to fall out there has to be other unbanked teams that voters feel are better than us. You just don’t go from 7 to 26, really ever. Now if we lose 2 this week, we’re toast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

Scared of success? Last I checked teams don’t hang banners for where they were ranked in January. Ultimately what is important is getting our guys ready for March. Period.

When has WSU looked like a top 10 team all year? I’ll wait. The reality is WSU has not been ranked so high this season because of play this year, but because of our play in previous years.

Something clearly is wrong with this team. They have not looked right the entire year. We all know how good of a team they can be. If WSU falling out of the rankings in January lights a fire in them to get closer to that team we know they can be, then sign me up.

You can continue to hang your banners for where WSU is ranked in January. I’ll focus on our play in March and April.
                        Wow, your logic is a tad flawed and your analysis is a bit "challenged".

Who said anything about hanging banners for rankings? I guess you did. That's it. If rankings don't matter that much to you, then who cares if they're ranked or not?

WSU isn't a fly-by-night mid-major that shouldn't have to operate as an "underdog" anymore. We aren't VCU or George Mason or Middle Tennessee State. You'd rather WSU be unranked than ranked. What a scared little man you are. So from now on, we should root for WSU to just be good enough to be on the radar, but hopefully loses a game or two to avoid getting ranked. And then hope for that 10 or 11 seed in the NCAA's so they can THEN finally put things into a gear and let 'er rip. What an idiotic outlook.

And who said I think they're a Top 10 team? Of course they aren't playing like it. Other ranked teams have played like **** too. The expectations for WSU perfection here are always through the roof with some people.

They'll be ranked where they'll be ranked. I'll continue to enjoy the little number next to our name and the recognition it receives and deserves for as long as I can. I ain't freaking scared of it. Pretty sure Gregg isn't either.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There is little evidence that Marshall has been able to light a fire under a ranked team this year. Maybe if they fell from the rankings that spark could be lit. Something needs to ring the alarm clock for a Sr class that seems to not be quite awake yet.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Wow. The mindset is stunning.

Let's just go back to the Valley while we're at it.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Whether the team is ranked or not come Monday, it's not going to change how they practice or play. I think some are saying they need to drop out of the rankings so it will give them more motivation. It every player is not already trying his hardest in practice or on the court, maybe he needs to sit down for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X