Austin Reaves injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Heard it from a ‘friend of a friend’ that he's been hitting it hard!

Hitting it hard in rehab or hitting it hard in practice/scrimmages/weight lifting? If it's the latter, that's awesome! Seems quick

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      Hitting it hard in rehab or hitting it hard in practice/scrimmages/weight lifting? If it's the latter, that's awesome! Seems quick
      Either that are he has turned to drinking.

Comment

• In hopes Austin avoids one on one contests with His big brother, CJ, etc. A healthy Austin would be a huge plus. Jones will be a very smooth player and consistent shooter for us and I'm hoping A.M. is primed and ready to rumble for us by Conference play. If all this occurs, we may see lots of games where all 12 Ship players all play. CJ has some serious hops and I look for his shooting and D-Fence to be improved.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          I saw the picture of Conner and Austin and others celebrating a young girl's birthday. He had his arms around the shoulders of the other two.
          They weren't supporting his arms for him, were they?

Comment

• From the bottom of this Eagle article: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...156612659.html

Sophomore guard Austin Reaves is healing on schedule from April surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. The shoulder dislocated three times during the 2016-17 school year, sidelining him for various amounts of time. Marshall said it is too early to consider an option to redshirt Reaves, who also missed most of last summer after surgery on his left shoulder in March 2016.

“It’s coming along well,” Marshall said. “He’s working to rehab it … every day. He’s doing some lower-body lifting, doing some stretching.”

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              From the bottom of this Eagle article: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...156612659.htmlSophomore guard Austin Reaves is healing on schedule from April surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. ;
              Further evidence Sully lurks here in Shockernet

Comment

• I'm hoping the experience that Brown, MM, and Shaq have already reaped this offseason will pay off this Season. Look for Willis, Nurger, and Kelly to also show improvement for their Senior year. A healthy Austin would be a Godsend. CJ could be a candidate for the most improved Shocker this Season? Our rotation will go 10-12 deep IMO.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  I'm hoping the experience that Brown, MM, and Shaq have already reaped this offseason will pay off this Season. Look for Willis, Nurger, and Kelly to also show improvement for their Senior year. A healthy Austin would be a Godsend. CJ could be a candidate for the most improved Shocker this Season? Our rotation will go 10-12 deep IMO.
                  Kelly was pretty damned impressive the last third of the season.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    I'm hoping the experience that Brown, MM, and Shaq have already reaped this offseason will pay off this Season. Look for Willis, Nurger, and Kelly to also show improvement for their Senior year. A healthy Austin would be a Godsend. CJ could be a candidate for the most improved Shocker this Season? Our rotation will go 10-12 deep IMO.
                    This is a new team and roles will probably change a little as we go. While we should be much better during the beginning of the season, I still would expect some valleys or depressions to occur. But from the end of the year which includes post-season, I would expect Landry to improve with added strength and confidence, Markis needs to improve with additional weight, strength, and consistency. But the largest jumpscan come from Willis who has tremendous talent and CJ especially if he can handle the ball well enough to play both wings (guard and forward).

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Kelly was pretty damned impressive the last third of the season.
                      Hear, hear. I was an unashamed critic of Kelley myself quite often. The kid had a serious case of the fumble-fingers from 2' range more often than should be allowed court time. GGG kept him on the court though.

It paid off. At the end of the Valley season he was a hard nosed dependable player, even with a little flair rim assault's every now and then!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Hear, hear. I was an unashamed critic of Kelley myself quite often. The kid had a serious case of the fumble-fingers from 2' range more often than should be allowed court time. GGG kept him on the court though.

It paid off. At the end of the Valley season he was a hard nosed dependable player, even with a little flair rim assault's every now and then!
                        Kelly was definitely maximizing his talents. He turned into our Evan W. (glue guy) this year because he was so good at defending (he guarded positions 1 thru 4), rebounding(very good at offensive rebounds), and getting loose balls. His occasional offense was icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Kelly was definitely maximizing his talents. He turned into our Evan W. (glue guy) this year because he was so good at defending (he guarded positions 1 thru 4), rebounding(very good at offensive rebounds), and getting loose balls. His occasional offense was icing on the cake.
                          Best case scenario for Kelly is that local food trucks offer a "Kelly burger"! I agree that Kelly is a glue guy. Helps run the offense and maintains posture on defense. The thing about Kelly that makes him so dependable, IMO, is you can trust him with the ball anywhere on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            This is a new team and roles will probably change a little as we go.
                            Perhaps a bit but last year's team was much more a work in progress than this year's team will be. I think the key roles are pretty much established at the core of the team. We do have a few guys that have the opportunity to establish themselves either as part of the core or in key supporting roles. Those wild cards are Darral, Austin, CJ and Samajae. Not looking for Asborn to be a key component this next year but fhe could easily prove me wrong on that. And then we have the possibility of filling that 13th scholarship.

Darral for sure needs to be part of the core IMO but he needs to develop the kind of toughness that 3G demands and expects from his players. Austin is about as tough and smart as they come but in fragile package. Not sure that will change much this year. CJ has a great tool kit and just needs to learn how to put those tools to work effectively and consistently. Not sure what to expect out of Samajae or Asbjorn so right now my expectations for them are pretty modes for next season.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 17, 2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Another gem from Sara on the Shocker Faithful facebook page

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Another gem from Sara on the Shocker Faithful facebook page

If that's a recent picture, the young man has yet to recover enough to get in the weight room with Mr. Rosenboom. I still believe a redshirt year is in order for Austin as much as I'd like to see him on the court this next season. I want him to get stronger so he can step up when Landry moves on, which will probably be sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X