Austin Reaves injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Reaves injury

An interesting tidbit in today or yesterday's paper. It mentioned that Austin is going to have surgery very soon. It mentioned the possibility of a redshirt to recuperate and gain strength. This is the first time that the team has mentioned a possibility of a redshirt for Austin's damaged shoulders to heal long term.

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    An interesting tidbit in today or yesterday's paper. It mentioned that Austin is going to have surgery very soon. It mentioned the possibility of a redshirt to recuperate and gain strength. This is the first time that the team has mentioned a possibility of a redshirt for Austin's damaged shoulders to heal long term.
    If Smith, Keyser or Samajae show enough promise to need serious minutes, i think it is a smart move. Would move Austin out of the same class as Landry, let him heal and bulk up.

Comment

With Samajae Haynes-Jones coming in, we've got enough guards that we can afford to give Austin some time to get healthy. He just barely healed up from last year's surgery in time for the season to start. He missed almost all of summer and fall practices prior to the official start of practice.

I was unaware there were 3 dislocations this year. I only recalled hearing about 2. Austin did not appear to be the same player after the dislocations than before.

We saw what he can do before injury, and that's A LOT! Give him an entire year off to get that shoulder as solid as possible and build up some upper body and arm strength, and we could have the next Baker/Shamet style of player.

I've been led to believe there can be long-term consequences from what he's experiencing and that the more often the injury is repeated, the worse the future problems can be.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I was unaware there were 3 dislocations this year. I only recalled hearing about 2.
        2 were in-game injuries and I think the 3rd was a practice injury perhaps before the season started.

Comment

First and foremost our thoughts and prayers are with Austin. I'm sure he gets tired of going through this and would like to get this behind him. What was amazing is AR was facing all of this but yet he still never avoided taking a charge. Get well young man. Shocker fans everywhere love you and want you to heal up.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Here is the article where they reported that Austin would have surgery soon to repair the torn labrum in his right shoulder. The article suggested that the addition of Samajae Haynes-Jones could provide enough depth to allow Austin to to consider redshirting. However, this was not a direct statement by a team or school official but obviously some thought has been given to that possibility somewhere along the line.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              First and foremost our thoughts and prayers are with Austin. I'm sure he gets tired of going through this and would like to get this behind him. What was amazing is AR was facing all of this but yet he still never avoided taking a charge. Get well young man. Shocker fans everywhere love you and want you to heal up.
              He was fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                He was fearless.
                Agreed And Shocker Mama is, was and shall be fearless on SN too.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  He is fearless.
                  FIFY :adoration:
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

I take it as a redshirt option if necessary. If he is 100%, he should not miss next season. Even if he doesn't play until January. We are going to be too good to watch from the sideline if he's healthy.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

If RS happens it gives us only 1 true guard over 6-1 (Landry). Conner, Daishon and Sam all 6-1 or under. In certain situations Zach and CJ could play the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        If RS happens it gives us only 1 true guard over 6-1 (Landry). Conner, Daishon and Sam all 6-1 or under. In certain situations Zach and CJ could play the 2.
                        3G said he is definitely wanting C.J. to learn the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          I take it as a redshirt option if necessary. If he is 100%, he should not miss next season. Even if he doesn't play until January. We are going to be too good to watch from the sideline if he's healthy.
                          While I expect the redshirt, I am in lock step with you regarding this thinking. He needs to be a part of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                            FIFY :adoration:
                            Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              We need him to be a part of this.
                              FYP :)
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                              X