Austin Reaves injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Keyser shot 27.3 % from 3 last year. Of all the perimeter guys he put up 3's at the lowest rate per minute. I don't share Marshall's confidence in his shooting at this time.

Those stats were mostly made during garbage time when there really wasn't much offensive flow, so perhaps they are misleading. Frankamp was a 31% 3-pt. shooter his Fr year and wasn't much better his So year, so judging shooting off of occasional Fr minutes doesn't necessarily project to a player's ultimate ability to hit shots.

In 120 minutes, Keyser was 3/11 from 3. In 123 minutes, Hamilton was 2/12 from 3.
    Yeah. It would be great if he had gone 9/11. I think mostly we just don't know. Hopefully he can bring it in games. I actually felt very positive about what I saw from Keyser in limited action last year. He wasn't a chucker but also wasn't tentative. Was very active. The ball didn't stick with him. As with most freshmen, he had some work to do on defense. Having said that, I was not impressed with him at Madness this year, and I was hoping to be.

Comment

Keyser shot 27.3 % from 3 last year. Of all the perimeter guys he put up 3's at the lowest rate per minute. I don't share Marshall's confidence in his shooting at this time.

Those stats were mostly made during garbage time when there really wasn't much offensive flow, so perhaps they are misleading. Frankamp was a 31% 3-pt. shooter his Fr year and wasn't much better his So year, so judging shooting off of occasional Fr minutes doesn't necessarily project to a player's ultimate ability to hit shots.

In 120 minutes, Keyser was 3/11 from 3. In 123 minutes, Hamilton was 2/12 from 3.
      I gonna hold out hope that Marshall sees something different in practice and the 27.3% is the case of small sample size and not getting warmed up.

Comment

• I don't get the generalizations about CJ. He hasn't played enough to make these sort of statements, IMO. If anything, he probably forgets what he's supposed to do or loses focus on defense. I think he has the skills to shoot or take it to the hole. Personally, I'd like to see him get in the game when it counts and prove he has what it takes. Now's the chance.

Comment

Marshall has mentioned (apparently with "little enthusiasm" - if you know what I mean) that he had to play people out of position when Brown got some minutes at SG when FVV was hurt.

The sample size is small, and Keyser was seldom working with the first unit or in the game long enough to get into the flow of the game, but...

...Keyser at the 2 might be playing 4 against 5 on offense. I don't think teams would hesitate a moment to pull a defender off Keyser to double down on a post. They wouldn't worry about him getting an outlet pass from the post for an open 3. Keyser is starting to remind me of David Kyles without the shooting touch. That's not an entrenched opinion. The sample size I've seen is small, and not in situations conducive to demonstrating high skill levels.
          Keyser has only taken a three point shot in 8 games, 0-4 in four games out-of-conference and 2-7 in four games in conference. In games where he has shot more than one thre ball, he is 3 of 6.
          Keyser's 2-pt percentage is not good at 48.3%, but Zach Brown's was 48.4% last year.
          He's not reluctant to shoot, he's 5th on the team in FGA and 2-ptFGA per 100 possessions and drops to 10th in 3-ptFGA per 100 possessions.
          He's sixth on the team in points per 100 possessions, right ahead of CF who is 7th. In conference games, he's 3rd in points per 100 possessions behind Morris and Willis.

Not sure it's be all that wise to layoff Keyser and leave him open to do his thing.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            He's not reluctant to shoot, he's 5th on the team in FGA and 2-ptFGA per 100 possessions and drops to 10th in 3-ptFGA per 100 possessions.
            Keep in mind a lot of hsi minutes were in mop-up duty when the guys are trying to make the most of their limited PT and quite frankly a lot them are hunting their shots and the crowd is egging them on to do just that. He will have to be more selective if he is going to play more meaningful minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Keep in mind a lot of hsi minutes were in mop-up duty when the guys are trying to make the most of their limited PT and quite frankly a lot them are hunting their shots and the crowd is egging them on to do just that. He will have to be more selective if he is going to play more meaningful minutes.
              If you saw him as a gunner or shot-hunter, you saw a different player than I did. Granted, I'd like to see him get more time with the regulars, but I believe his problem was quick fouling than it was shooting or scoring.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
              X