Clear All

Comment

Heh heh
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        ...and that's with him coming off of an injury and not 100% for a while

Comment

Gee, I hope Shamet is back from his injury in time for conference play.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"As We Approach Tournament Time, Should Your Team Be Worried About its March Fate?" - Sports Illustrated

By DAN GREENE
            Posted: January 15, 2018

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...-march-madness

BESTS OF THE BEST
            Each week, we’ll get to know a standout player a little better by asking them about some of the best things in the world. This week we welcome Wichita State guard Landry Shamet, who is averaging 15.8 points and 5.0 assists and whose 135.9 offensive rating ranks ninth in the country. So, Landry, tell us about the best...

...sports movie. “I would say He Got Game, with Jesus Shuttlesworth—just the fact that it’s actually Ray Allen, and Denzel has always been one of my favorite actors. It’s just been kind of one of my favorite movies growing up. Whenever it’s on TV, I watch it, then I’ve got the DVD of it at my house too.”

...you’ve ever felt on a basketball court. “Even though I didn’t play well, my first NCAA tournament win, against Dayton last year. Even just touching the court for the first time and seeing my mom there, it was pretty cool. Just looking up and seeing her and being in an NCAA tournament, it was a dream come true. It was surreal and cool to briefly soak in that moment.”

...player to impersonate growing up. “Derrick Rose, his like 2010 to 2014, when he was healthy and kind of changing the NBA. If people ask me who my favorite player is, I always say 2010-11 Derrick Rose, the MVP season. I just loved watching how athletic he was. Obviously, I wasn’t as athletic as he was when I was younger, but I would try to vary my finishes and get creative protecting the ball from the defense.”

...condiment for a hot dog. “I don’t know how common this is, but I’d say barbecue sauce. I’m a big barbecue sauce guy. Mustard is a close second. I eat brats more than hot dogs, but those are about the same thing, or close to it. I’m from Kansas City and that’s a big barbecue spot. That’s kind of my thing. So one time I just figured why not and put barbecue sauce on there. It just kind of stuck.”

Comment

Monday's with Mike on the American Digital Network. Skip to 6:55 for Landry and WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                Monday's with Mike on the American Digital Network. Skip to 6:55 for Landry and WSU.

Well, he has us on upset watch against Houston. I called this as a game to watch a couple of weeks ago just after we blew Houston out. They are a very good team, who at home will be a great challenge for us.

Comment

I watched some of the Tulsa - Houston game. Because of a renovation project, UH is not playing in their own arena. The crowd at the game I saw was, and this is putting it nicely, sparse.

Comment

I bought my ticket last week and this is putting it nicely they were sparse

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...dream-matchups Dont know if this has been posted.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "The best of the best: ... and more" - ESPN

Myron Medcalf, ESPN Staff Writer
                      Posted: 01/16/18, 8:10 AM CT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...dream-matchups

"
                      College basketball has always thrived on high-profile one-on-one matchups. Some even altered the history of the game.

This Saturday marks the 50th anniversary of Elvin Hayes and Lew Alcindor (later to be known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) facing off in 1968's "Game of the Century" at the Astrodome in Houston. Hayes blocked a few of Alcindor's shots and his Houston powerhouse beat the future Los Angeles Lakers legend's UCLA squad by a bucket in the nationally televised game. But Alcindor had the last laugh when UCLA beat Houston by 32 points in the Final Four that year.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson commenced their storied rivalry when Bird's Indiana State team suffered a loss to Johnson's Michigan State squad in the 1979 national title game.

Larry Johnson faced Christian Laettner in Jerry Tarkanian's small-ball lineup in the 1991 national championship game, but Johnson and his UNLV teammates couldn't stop the Duke superstar that night.

And Jay Williams and Juan Dixon fueled some of the ACC's most exciting years as Duke and Maryland scrapped in the early 2000s.

We hope that tradition continues.

With the talent anchoring the 2017-18 campaign, we've considered a few fantasy matchups we'd love to see this season....

Landry Shamet vs. Jalen Brunson
                      Two of America's smartest point guards, Villanova's Jalen Brunson and Wichita State's Landry Shamet, don't produce viral highlights each night, but they've helped their respective squads pursue a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Brunson is a 6-foot-3 junior point guard with the mind of a 10-year NBA veteran. He's averaging 5.2 APG and just 1.2 turnovers. He also is connecting on 48.1 percent of his 3-point attempts. He's the catalyst for a Villanova team that is capable of earning its second national title in three years.

But Shamet also wants his veteran group to reach the Final Four stage in San Antonio. He's shooting 52 percent from beyond the arc for a Shockers squad that could win the American Athletic Conference title in its inaugural season with the league. He's ranked ninth in offensive rating on KenPom.com.

Against Young and Oklahoma earlier this season, Shamet struggled and finished 1-for-6 from the 3-point line. He's anxious for another shot on the national stage to prove his value.

A matchup against Brunson and Villanova would present that shot at redemption...."

Comment

• I don’t see how Shamet is the real deal or even NBA ready.

Comment

• Shock Top
                          Shock Top commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sure wasn’t today.

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        I don’t see how Shamet is the real deal or even NBA ready.
                        He is the real deal, but not ready at all.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Hopefully Landry steps up and becomes more of the vocal leader this team is lacking, thats one of the major differences between him and Fred, Fred was vocal, he spoke his mind and he held his team mates accountable, he had that Rockford attitude and it showed. Landry just seems too damn nice and timid sometimes, when one of your team mates isnt playing to their full potential, dig into them a bit, Fred did it with Shaq and he seemed to get his **** together, i just dont know if Landry has that same motor, this is your team man take control and dont defer to your team mates you gotta be more aggressive, skill wise he’s a beast but i dont know if he’s a true leader.
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Landry will be a Klay Thompson type player in the NBA, a second fiddle, not a PG or team leader. I do think he could be a heckuva scorer in the right role.

Comment

Working...
                            X