WSU Versus Dayton Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
    Sean has his own fish to fry but you better believe they had talked about Wichita State in the offseason. Archie is going to get some game planning from his brother. I hope it works out the same way.
    No different then Marshall talking to coach Forbes about scouting for Dayton. That "advantage" works out as a wash. ;)
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Time for a little payback to our loss to Dayton in the 1962 NIT Tournament. Dayton went on to win the NIT that year too.

Wichita - 71
      Dayton - 79

2017 Rematch

Shockers - 79
      Flyers - 71
      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 12, 2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Sean has his own fish to fry but you better believe they had talked about Wichita State in the offseason. Archie is going to get some game planning from his brother. I hope it works out the same way.
        Sean's gameplan help:

"Welp, little bro. Near as I can tell, you're F'd."

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think people overestimate the whole "borrowing scouting" from someone else. It's helpful in some regard, but you still have to process it, filter out what is or isn't useful, take into account your team's strengths and weaknesses, communicate it to your players, and implement/execute it. In the grand scheme of things, doesn't mean much except maybe saving you an hour or two.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

"First piece of advice, wear an undershirt..."
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                I think people overestimate the whole "borrowing scouting" from someone else. It's helpful in some regard, but you still have to process it, filter out what is or isn't useful, take into account your team's strengths and weaknesses, communicate it to your players, and implement/execute it. In the grand scheme of things, doesn't mean much except maybe saving you an hour or two.
                It doesn't apply here, but 2 hours can be a big deal in a Friday-Sunday turnaround.

Comment

Wheatshockers -76
                  Dayton - 63

Then SHOX get payback against Calipari!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    It doesn't apply here, but 2 hours can be a big deal in a Friday-Sunday turnaround.
                    That's a very good point. You're right.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

We'll drop a 20 piece on their heads.

Comment

Time to do some damage. Shockers by 10.

Comment

And, we are a considerably different team than when we played Arizona last year. They aren't going to have anything on Shamet, Willis, Smith, Reaves, Frankamp as a 2, etc.

Comment

Not the mention the fact that in the case of Sean and Archie Miller the team Sean played is a totally different team than the one Archie has to game plan form. I doubt that Sean can tell Archie anything of value that Archie doesn't already know.

Edit: Oops! I see @Shocker Mama: beat me to it.

Comment

I hope he does. Because it will be entirely wrong. This team is extremely different in the way they play than the one that played Arizona last year. That game plan had to be "Stop Fred and Ron". Will be an easy win when half of Dayton flys to Toronto, and the other half is in NY.

Comment

At this point it doesn't matter whether the Shocks are underseeded (which they are) or favored by Vegas (which they are). You still have to take the floor and take care of business against a quality basketball team. We have our annual "rust vs rest" situation which, at least in the Shocks recent history seems to support the rest is best case.

Total respect for the Dayton program. Worse thing about this games is that a Non-P5 will be knocked out early which, of course, is by design.

Surely the NCAA understands that what puts the Madness into March is the David and Goliath aspects of the tournament, especially in the early rounds.

If the P-5 conferences had their own tournament I doubt I would have much interest until maybe the Elite 8, if that. Maybe turn into the Semi-Finals and the Finals or maybe not. Of course, these decisions are about one thing and one thing only. Maintaining power and the almighty dollar for the P-5's as much as they possibly can.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X