No announcement yet.

Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq is starting out his Senior Season as a matured polished player that indeed will be a X-Factor and help lead this team along with an impressive committee of WSU bigs that are even making more 3-pointers than I remember in times past.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure he remembers his last game last year!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I was most impressed with Shaq last night. He was calm, cool, and collected in virtually every thing he did. Showed a lot of poise which we generally expect from our seniors. Did he even commit a foul? Couldn't have been many.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          I was most impressed with Shaq last night. He was calm, cool, and collected in virtually every thing he did. Showed a lot of poise which we generally expect from our seniors. Did he even commit a foul? Couldn't have been many.
          Just like last year, he barely fouls. Except last year he'd catch the whistle like a Jake White blocking call!

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            "WELL COACHED" often adds at least one and often two stars to HCGM recruits.
            Yeah, just think if we could sign 5-star recruit. By the time they left, they'd be up to 6 or 7 stars.

Comment

• Shaq is set to have a great senior year. The competition has been underwhelming to date, but you can tell he has worked his way into a more mature leader. Defense is much smoother from his effort to step out on the pick and roll, coming over to block a shot, or just getting in the right defensive position without leaning on his man. Offensive game can be lethal if he can stay on the floor. Greats confidence about his approach to his senior campaign. He & Willis are a load when they work the defensive glass.

Comment

• What a nice start to a potential special Season for Shaq and our other 5 Seniors.. Shaq did his "Wessel due-diligence by diving like a swan after the loose balls tonight. Next, he had one of many double-doubles which was great to see. His passing is really looking finer than a frog-hair. Shaq-Wall gave me a laugh from my gut when he made another 3-ball and did the nonchalant gesture.

Fred and Ron took him under their wing and kept him from anymore 'home-alone episodes' and now Shaq is emerging as not only the leader of our bigs' committee of players, but a leader of our whole squad. Great to see this transpiring and let's hope this trend not only continues but even gets better. Coach Marshall is a master at developing men to grow as men and guide them to improve both on and off the court.

Comment

• Shaq is showing the senior season urgency. Hoping it lasts into April cause he's a very talented big man.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• It appears Shaq's senior season is going to be more C. Hall than J.T. Durley (not knocking J.T. by the way).

Comment

• Shaq.jpg
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Advanced metrics love them some Shaq Wall

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• He keeps that up...he gonna find himself a pro contract in the states.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "Hoop Thoughts: Getting rid of the one-and-done would only hurt the game" - The Fieldhouse

By Seth Davis, AP Voter

Posted:11/20/17, 3:55am

https://theathletic.com/160121/2017/...hurt-the-game/

"• Shaq Morris is going to have himself some kind of year at Wichita State. He’s undersized but wide, and he’s all footwork and angles."

Comment

• Shaq was indeed a solid X-Factor for us tonight and actually played 30 whole minutes and did Not foul out. Instead, he and LS led us in our comeback from 18 down to a 10-point scarry surpass. Z. Brown led us with 4 steals in the win over Cal.

Check Shaq's overall contribution tonight out. He had 2 assists, 2-turnovers, 7-rebounds, 4 blocks, (5 really), and a whopping 25-points as he is our leading overall scored this Season, so far. Shaq's leadership this Season is really special and we will need this to continue as the Shocks strive for a very special Season. The repercussions a Shocker loss tonight would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Comment

• Shaq continues to lead our bigs with some nice inside presence and leadership this Season and not constantly in foul trouble as in times past. One of the concerns of the experts that evaluate teams wondered "who will help out Shaq inside?" The answer thus far is this is being done by committee. Check out R. (Machine Gun Stats Stuffer) Kelly in the Shocks victory over Marquette. RK had 6 pts., 10 rebounds, 8 assists, and 3 blocks. WOW!!!!!!!

The sequence versus Marquette where RK blocked 2 shots in a row, will make his career highlight reel and remain in our memory bank as impressive. I like how our foes never know which of our bigs might bust out and have a big game as we gaze forward into this special Shocker Season.

Comment

Working...
                                X