Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaq is gonna crush 'em.

it's just so great that the perception nationally of wichita state is as a well coached team from the lowly mvc that kind of lacks real p5 talent.. but, again, well coached, mind you.

lol release the kracken

Comment

• "WELL COACHED" often adds at least one and often two stars to HCGM recruits.

Comment

• "Shocker film room: Why Shaq Morris can be dominant in the low post" - Wichita Eagle

By Taylor Eldridge
        October 23, 2017 1:16 AM

"When scanning the Synergy stats for the Wichita State basketball team from last season, it’s difficult to pick out just one thing the team did really well. The Shockers did a lot of things at a very high level compared to other teams in the country as they finished with a 31-5 record and another NCAA tournament appearance.

But when looking at the individual statistics, something kept popping out: Shaq Morris’ dominance in post-up situations...."

This was a very through article. Hope the opposing teams don't get this for every player before every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          "Shocker film room: Why Shaq Morris can be dominant in the low post" - Wichita Eagle

By Taylor Eldridge
          October 23, 2017 1:16 AM

"When scanning the Synergy stats for the Wichita State basketball team from last season, it’s difficult to pick out just one thing the team did really well. The Shockers did a lot of things at a very high level compared to other teams in the country as they finished with a 31-5 record and another NCAA tournament appearance.

But when looking at the individual statistics, something kept popping out: Shaq Morris’ dominance in post-up situations...."

This was a very through article. Hope the opposing teams don't get this for every player before every game.
          I'm impressed with Taylor in his new job. Well done!

Comment

• The Shocks are quite an accurate 3-point shooting machine as well. However, led by Shaq, the Shocks are at their best when we work first inside, then out. The fact that our players here develop makes us optimistic about an improved inside game this Season too, especially when MM gets all healed up. In the meanwhile, expect Kelly, Willis, and Nurger whom are hard workers to enter this Season with their lunch pails full and ready to outwork and outplay our competition.

Not only can Shaq post up, but he has that soft and accurate shot from 15 foot on in. Nurger and Kelly can step out and bury a three if you don't play them honest. Willis has been working hard on improving his outside shooting we are told and was even in our 3-point shooting contest. Willis, Nurger and Kelly will help Shaq to combine to be the Chairmen of the Boards. By AAC time, look for MM to be primed and ready to be considered for Conference possible Conference honors and mentions as well as Shaq and LS..

Now for some black and yellow icing on the Shocker cake. Various folk keep telling me we need a tall but solid inside presence when we play the likes of Kentucky, especially if Shaq has foul trouble. Never fear, A.M. is now here. A.M. does not have to take the the basketball world by storm, but rather be ready and able for certain matchups the Shocks will certainly face this very Season to protect our rim, rebound, set good picks, and make some good passes in the schemes of our offense. Will he be ready to do so by 2nd semester games when needed the most? Stay tuned because Coach Marshall has some positive things to say about this becoming a reality and will strive to get A.M. prepared to do just that.

What does it all mean? Look for the Shocks to place a top-quality inside presence on the floor this Season. This will be needed with the new and improved AAC and tough schedule the Shocks will be facing. Never before do I remember all the hype early on about how good the Shocks will be. Is it true because we will be tested like few times before? I say yes, but it starts from the inside,game, then on out with our accurate shooting guards and our slashing small forwards IMO.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              The Shocks are quite an accurate 3-point shooting machine as well. However, led by Shaq, the Shocks are at their best when we work first inside, then out. The fact that our players here develop makes us optimistic about an improved inside game this Season too, especially when MM gets all healed up. In the meanwhile, expect Kelly, Willis, and Nurger whom are hard workers to enter this Season with their lunch pails full and ready to outwork and outplay our competition.

Not only can Shaq post up, but he has that soft and accurate shot from 15 foot on in. Nurger and Kelly can step out and bury a three if you don't play them honest. Willis has been working hard on improving his outside shooting we are told and was even in our 3-point shooting contest. Willis, Nurger and Kelly will help Shaq to combine to be the Chairmen of the Boards. By AAC time, look for MM to be primed and ready to be considered for Conference possible Conference honors and mentions as well as Shaq and LS..

Now for some black and yellow icing on the Shocker cake. Various folk keep telling me we need a tall but solid inside presence when we play the likes of Kentucky, especially if Shaq has foul trouble. Never fear, A.M. is now here. A.M. does not have to take the the basketball world by storm, but rather be ready and able for certain matchups the Shocks will certainly face this very Season to protect our rim, rebound, set good picks, and make some good passes in the schemes of our offense. Will he be ready to do so by 2nd semester games when needed the most? Stay tuned because Coach Marshall has some positive things to say about this becoming a reality and will strive to get A.M. prepared to do just that.

What does it all mean? Look for the Shocks to place a top-quality inside presence on the floor this Season. This will be needed with the new and improved AAC and tough schedule the Shocks will be facing. Never before do I remember all the hype early on about how good the Shocks will be. Is it true because we will be tested like few times before? I say yes, but it starts from the inside,game, then on out with our accurate shooting guards and our slashing small forwards IMO.
              When needed, I'm certain GGG will put AM in the game at the precise moment he can be best utilized. Like on the road at Cinci or Temple, or Dallas, matched up against a low post behemoth. Even if just for minutes at a time.

Comment

• Tacko Fall comes to mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Tacko Fall comes to mind
                  That sounds even better than Taco Tuesdays! mmm . . . Tacos! Oh wait, never mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'm impressed with Taylor in his new job. Well done!
                    Yeah, he posts some short analysis like this on his twitter feed but this article is really well done. While I bemoaned the Eagle's loss of Suellentrop, I'm pretty stoked about having two really good sources of info on the Shocks, Eldridge AND Sully!

Great insight along with video clips to boot!

It will be interesting to see how well Shaq deals with his fouls this season. I've not watched many American conference games to know 1) how physical they are or 2) how closely they're officiated in terms of the physicality.

Won't be long now fellow Shocker fans and we'll see for ourselves. Two weeks to go!

Comment

• Tacko is the one player in this league that makes AM look small.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        It will be interesting to see how well Shaq deals with his fouls this season. I've not watched many American conference games to know 1) how physical they are or 2) how closely they're officiated in terms of the physicality.

Won't be long now fellow Shocker fans and we'll see for ourselves. Two weeks to go!
                        I bet Cincy fans could give us an idea. They seem to be similar to us in terms of physicality.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          I bet Cincy fans could give us an idea. They seem to be similar to us in terms of physicality.
                          I'm really looking forward to those games. Hell, I'm looking forward to all of them but the ones against the best in the conference are especially interesting. It's been a while since we've really been tested in December, January and February, by more than one team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post

That sounds even better than Taco Tuesdays! mmm . . . Tacos! Oh wait, never mind.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Not true, WstateU -- my son hates tacos. Not sure why (he liked them as a little kid), and it certainly isn't my doing; but I can report that there is at least juan guy who claims to hate them.

That's one thing about playing in the American, though -- lots more exciting food opportunities on the road in places like Houston, Memphis, New Orleans, Philly, Orlando, and Cincy. Hopefully our big eaters like Shaq (and presumably Midtgaard -- how can he not be a big eater?) will exercise the appropriate level of restraint while traveling. We don't need another attack of food poisoning like the one that shut down PJ Couisnard in Las Vegas and marked the beginning of the end for that promising season (even though no one saw the full impact coming at the time).

Comment

• Shaq has started out like a matured Senior that will take care of buswax his this very Season and be a X-Factor indeed. He is surrounded by plenty of fellow bigs that can compliment our inside game and match up to any team in the Country.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X