No announcement yet.

Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we are going to snap out of this rather puzzling 5 game period, it is obvious that we are going to have to rely on Shaq more and more.

And the way he has been playing of late, Shaq knows it and I do believe we can be confident that he will continue to bring it.,

Comment

• I'm hoping Shaq's minutes get bumped up. Also, here is the 2 lineups I would like to see depending on who we are playing. Small ball listed first and then taller ball. 1. LS 2. CF 3. Austin 4. MM 5. Shaq

Next--taller ball 1. LS 2. AR 3. MM 4. Kelly/Willis (either will do but play both around 20 minutes depending on matchups and who is performing each game) 5. Shaq. Again, hoping to see Shaq's minutes increase more. If he gets tired, call one of the timeouts we always seem to have left and give him a blow.

Brown , Nurger, and SHJ are all going to have plenty of subbing minutes against some teams but we will be in some very tough games from here so could see a small decline of minutes played then. Brown of the 3 may be called on for defense on nights he is really playing well too. However, the 7 mentioned in the various 2 lineups may be called on more in the tough stretch we now face.

Last but not least. I've never made one thin dime coaching basketball, but still like to throw in my opinions on here. Sure hope CF and LS come out of there slump and get hot again and I think they will do just that. I'm feeling it my bones and considering solid history on them to repeat its self.
      Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 4, 2018, 11:42 PM.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        The Landry slump is really frustrating. Not only is it out of character for him, but his turnovers are making it seem all that much worse. He’s really kinda hurting us on offense.

• forevershockerfan
        forevershockerfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a thought but wondering if we are too deep into the Season to play Austin a little more at the 1 and LS at the 2 a little more?

• SweetShocker
        SweetShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think that it's a matter of Shaq needing his minutes to be bumped up. It's a foul issue. Trust me, they want to play Shaq as much as possible. Nurger has improved greatly, but he is no Shaq.

• Shaq attacked for 12 pts and 3 assists in only 20 minutes as an X-Factor should. However, he had some serious help tonight inside. Let's start with Kelly who in only 21m led us with 10 boards and 5 assists. Willis played 15M and still scored 10 pts with 3-rb. as Nurger had 7 points and 4 rb in 17 minutes. It was a breath of fresh air to see A.M. sighting who also had 3 points. Nice job inside tonight in the paint by our Shocks. Shaq and Kelly are both solid passers and are working excellent together.

Did our Shocks improve as a team in this victory tonight? IMO yes, which makes winning brighter as we are looking ahead more.
      Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 10, 2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        The Shox and some of their stars looked like they’re getting their mojo back. Consistency is very important. Here’s hoping they go off on a run.

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Shaq attacked for 12 pts and 3 assists in only 20 minutes as an X-Factor should. However, he had some serious help tonight inside. Let's start with Kelly who in only 21m led us with 10 boards and 5 assists. Willis played 15M and still scored 10 pts with 3-rb. as Nurger had 7 points and 4 rb in 17 minutes. It was a breath of fresh air to see A.M. sighting who also had 3 points. Nice job inside tonight in the paint by our Shocks. Shaq and Kelly are both solid passers and are working excellent together.

Did our Shocks improve as a team in this victory tonight? IMO yes, which makes winning brighter as we looking ahead more.
      But they still need to be "Not Satisfied".

Comment

• Shaq has been a difference maker and had a fine game again tonight. He was a one man band on getting the Huskies in foul trouble in the first ten minutes of play. We simply are not the same team when he is not in the floor (in my opinion). The only part of his game that has surprised me overall, is the fact that he is one of the best shot blockers in team history. Never thought he would be in the caliber of Robert Elmore who I have heard from other (relatives) was quite a player! What a find with quick feet, amazing strength, quick explosive jumper, and a shooting touch. Please staff get us some more Carl Hall and Shaq Morris type players.

Comment

• SweetShocker
          SweetShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that Shaq is taking up the slack that they assumed McDuffie would. Marcus is having a difficult time getting into the swing of things. I think that Shaq is getting to the point that he is on an equal level with Shamet. I really believe that. That is because of Shaq's consistency. I think that Shaq playing like a functioning McDuffie lately is balancing out the scoring. It will be that much better should Marcus get it together in time for the big dance.

• Shaq, Kelly, and Austin to me are the most improved Shocks this Season.

Comment

• 60Shock
          60Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree, FSF. And it was great last night to see Kelly get more involved offensively.

• SweetShocker
          SweetShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I also think that Landry,Austin and Connor are the Shockers 3-point triple threat. Especially when all 3 are on the floor together (it has happened a few times) As for Connor, he seems to be less tense when coming off the bench.I think that he has trouble dealing with the pressure of starting. It seemed to be evident last week when he nailed 4- 3 pointers coming from the bench.

• Does anyone know if the NFL has looked at Shaq or if he has any interest in that?

Comment

• In another thread someone mentioned that Shaq had become more consistent and several had differing positions on this. Mike Kennedy was talking about Shaq last night and he noted his consistent play this year. Hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Does anyone know if the NFL has looked at Shaq or if he has any interest in that?
            Next Antonio Gates /// Tony G!

Comment

• Bump.

Also, according to Kennedy, fifth player in WSU history with 1000 pts, 500 rebounds, and 100 blocks.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Shaq and Will were 18-21 shooting for 47 points. Now That is X-Factor material!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Shaq and Will were 18-21 shooting for 47 points. Now That is X-Factor material!!!!!!!
                  We should probably consider going to them more often.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                    forevershockerfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like a plan. I'm hoping we don't force the issue as in the 1st half on passes inside because Cin. has some tough D. If our guards are on task too, we have a decent shot IMO.

• Would like to see Morris and Willis play more as a combination. Both were excellent tonight. Forevershockerfan is right again with his prediction of playing different players in new roles. Noticed a lot more of Reaves playing the 1 and Shamet playing the 2. Reaves is looking better and better no matter what position he is asked to play!!

Comment

• Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                    Would like to see Morris and Willis play more as a combination. Both were excellent tonight. Forevershockerfan is right again with his prediction of playing different players in new roles. Noticed a lot more of Reaves playing the 1 and Shamet playing the 2. Reaves is looking better and better no matter what position he is asked to play!!
                    I like them on offense. Opposing teams don’t guard Kelly but they have to guard Willis. However, Willis defending a stretch 4 or playing help defense against a team with good guards is not always a thing of beauty. Willis has improved, but he still loses focus and doesn’t always talk on defense.

Comment

• atlwsu
                      atlwsu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Doesn't the opposing personnel and who is hot affects who plays

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure and also who needs a rest. However last night Marshall was switching out Kelly for defense and Willis for offense whenever he could in the 2nd half. Kelly brings a lot but teams who scout us don’t guard him. Watch the game again and notice how they guard Kelly.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Temple was giving Kelly fairly short jumpers if he wanted to take them. He didn't.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I like them on offense. Opposing teams don’t guard Kelly but they have to guard Willis. However, Willis defending a stretch 4 or playing help defense against a team with good guards is not always a thing of beauty. Willis has improved, but he still loses focus and doesn’t always talk on defense.

I totally agree with you. Saw some positive signs in the 2nd half defensive effort but the overall defense is just not going to meet our usual lofty standards.

Comment

Working...
                    X