No announcement yet.

Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told some friends before the season began that a good Shaq was the key to an NCAA birth. We missed on our opportunities for quality wins, but I think Shaq in St Louis is the key to the tourney.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I told some friends before the season began that a good Shaq was the key to an NCAA birth. We missed on our opportunities for quality wins, but I think Shaq in St Louis is the key to the tourney.
      The last two games had teams who tried to play more with back to basket posts. Last year in the Tourney had Loyola and UNI who then spread the court and let their guards drive. Shaq showed well against Loyola and we barely won. He didn't play well against UNI and we lost close. I'm not sure Shaq is THE key but he is one of them. I just want to see consistency almost every game. He's never been consistent. Not fouling and being a factor for two games is a little encouraging.

Comment

Maybe not for the OSU or Louisville games but I think if Shaq played like he has the last two games we beat MSU and ISU

Comment

It's not only fouls. HCGM always pulled him when he made a stupid or lazy mistake. Against ISUB he was allowed to stay on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Followed up perhaps his worst game ever, with his two best. Who knows if it means anything or means nothing.
            But will he be here on senior night?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              It's not only fouls. HCGM always pulled him when he made a stupid or lazy mistake. Against ISUB he was allowed to stay on the floor
              I didn't see very many stupid lazy mistakes. That could be one reason. He was very effective.

Comment

Shaq's recent results give cause for optimism. Considering that the opponents were Evansville and Indiana State - those ain't exactly the prettiest floats in the parade.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Not fouling and being a factor for two games is a little encouraging.
                  I mostly agree with your post but "being a factor" is pretty understated for Shaq's last two games!
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                    I mostly agree with your post but "being a factor" is pretty understated for Shaq's last two games!
                    Yes it does. I thought about it afterward that the word should have been the most important factor in both games. I was waiting for someone to call me out on it so I could change it.

Comment

Confidence goes a long, long way and there is no reason to suspect that he will not continue to be a major factor, maybe not in all games, but certainly in most.

Comment

The encouraging thing for me on Saturday was his defense. He had a good overall game against EU but played very poor defense in the first half, he cleaned it up in the second half and was good all day against ISU.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                          Confidence goes a long, long way and there is no reason to suspect that he will not continue to be a major factor, maybe not in all games, but certainly in most.
                          I could be wrong but I don't know that confidence has been a major problem for Shaq in the past. His problem (it seems to me) has been that his motivation has come from outside influences ( Coach, Fred, his mother, etc. ) in the past instead of himself.

Comment

Needs to play good D consistently not just now and then. Hate
                            it when he chases the ball more than ten feet away from the
                            hoop and gets back doored. For us to be really good we need
                            his defense much more than his offense.

Comment

Wonder if Morris could be this week's player of the week (I think he should). In two games this week he averaged - 21 pts, 9 rb, 3 ast, ZERO TO, in 21.5 min a game.

I didn't pay that much attention, but don't remember anyone else putting up crazy good numbers. Miller (MSU) put up a couple more points, but did it in 37 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Wonder if Morris could be this week's player of the week (I think he should). In two games this week he averaged - 21 pts, 9 rb, 3 ast, ZERO TO, in 21.5 min a game.

I didn't pay that much attention, but don't remember anyone else putting up crazy good numbers. Miller (MSU) put up a couple more points, but did it in 37 mpg.
                                And only 4 fouls total in the 2 games

Comment

Working...
                                X