Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Confidence goes a long, long way and there is no reason to suspect that he will not continue to be a major factor, maybe not in all games, but certainly in most.
    Yes confidence does go a long way. But IMO there are reasons to question whether Shaq will continue to be as dominant as he has been the past two games. As another poster mentioned a lack of confidence hasn't seemed to be an issue with Shaq. Still Shaq has not been able to sustain his play at an elevated level so far in his career. Hopefully, this time is it. Also opposing defenses will make adjustments to try to deal with Shaq which isn't all bad because that can open up some things for the other guys. As long as we see the energized, motivated Shaq he and the Shocks will be okay.

Comment

If he's following the classic Shaq script he should continue to play well most of the rest of the season.

Comment

Shaq Morris - Player of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Good God. Did they make that in MS Paint?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              Looks like they pasted on a 'super-sized' bionic right arm. :)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Congratulations to Shaq. Well-deserved this week.

Comment

The Shocks are at their best when Shaq is on fire!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Difficult to overstate how important he is to this team winning games in March.

Comment

He was dominant. And those free throws!

Comment

Coach Marshall made the analogy yesterday with JT Durley with Shaq. Both arriving here with work ethics that were sub-par based on what is expected in Marshall Law. This past Season, IMO we were at our best when Shaq was on the floor, not fouling 30' from the basket. We witnessed that he can compete with any and all foes when he is in the Shaq Zone. The real Shaq that he prolly was named after let him know--"I know who you are!!!"

That was 2016-2017 but now we look ahead to next Season. Here is another analogy I also like. The Summer before Carl Hall's Senior Season I caught several summer scrimmages and noticed Carl Hall was on a new and improved mission. Kerry R. mentioned how dedicated he was in the weight room getting in the best shape ever and working tirelessly on his medium range jump shot. As a result, Carl Hall played a huge part in our visit to the Final 4. His 10-15' shot improved and he was a "Beast that took no prisoners". He tore up LaSalle inside at the Dance that Season.

Our Squad next Season should have more than one-X-factor but just as JT Durley and Carl Hall become key leaders on the floor for us, I say Shaq's upside for next Season with his best work-ethic ever, could be something special to behold. It starts now. You get no vacation like our graduated Seniors, the fans will not be there cheering, and the bright lights and media attention will be "slim to none--and slim left town." It is the 'no pain, no gain theology', and it works like a charm here.

It was brought up by Mike Kennedy yesterday that he wasn't even sure Shaq would be on the team after the Orlando Tourney a few Seasons back. He also had been left 'home alone' on another game in his tenure here. Guess what? Shaq is alive and well at 21st and Hillside and I just feel he and the other 6 Seniors will understand just how special next Season could really be and will outwork players at other Programs in the summer when "the blood, sweat, and tears" are all accomplished with not fanfare, no bright lights, and no TV coverage. This is the 'boot-camp period' of the Marshall Plan than makes our Program excel over most others. Look for our Squad to take this "prepare angry summer session" to heart because they have already witnessed where these efforts can lead us "smack dab" deep, right into "The Basketball Promised Land Dance With The Stars."
                        Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 21, 2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy Graham View Post
                          Difficult to overstate how important he is to this team winning games in March.
                          Now we look towards next March with Shaq and company. It has been kewl seeing all the positive fuss about our beloved Shocks. One of the experts thought we were a top ten team this coming Season. The one thing he wondered though was if Shaq would have enough help inside. My answer to this is yes, we will be fine inside, especially when Shaq stays out of foul trouble to help our other bigs. We also have a A.M. coming in who is already strong even before Kerry gets ahold of him and can't wait to see what his role will be and how fast he can work into the player rotation. As mentioned, when Shaq is dialed in, playing tough D without fouling, we are all the better for it as a team.

Shaq will have all kinds of help inside and out with MM, Shamet leading the way. The Tri-pod Cornerstones who will shore up our foundation. With 7 solid Seniors, this will be for sure a Season to remember.

Comment

I expect next year that the top 6 will see an increase in minutes and that the next 4-7 will take on more role play minutes. Landry and Conner plus one more at the guard positions. Markis, Zach, and Rashard at the forwards, and Shaq plus two at the center. With two JUCO guards, this would be the year for Reaves to RS if he isn't 110%. Keyser will be needed if there is injury or foul trouble as will the three back-ups that are 6-9+.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

This Season we will be improved and difficult to beat. However, the schedule will be the toughest ever in the 3G era and he will be up for that challenge. While we will utilyze our quality depth, indeed there will be plenty of tough foes that may shorten our bench in certain games. So even though we will be improved, just matching last Seasons record could be quite the challenge. What I am counting on is the improvements our players will all strive for this summer when the bright lights are absent. Just think if our over all D-fense improves, our shooting%, our team rebounding, and even our throws. I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

While the AAC schedule will be the toughest ever for HCGM, we shouldn't forget that the 2010 season had 5 top 100 and 9 top 200 teams in the MVC.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X