No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Rambler Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Conner had a solid game as did Landry...again. I'm really liking Nurger's game these days and it makes me wonder if Eric will ever have that epiphany...

Willis has two frustrating games in a row where he's getting just a little too aggressive, so much so it's obvious. He needs to clean that up, we need him through the rest of conference play, despite the play of Rauno.

I wasn't sure which way that game was going to go in terms of point spread. I surely didn't expect Loyola to close it within four with four and some change to go. But that was probably a good game to have before going into Normal.

Loved Gregg's reaction when Kennedy pointed out that AB was 1 of 17 prior to hitting that dagger in the last few moments of the game. This team doesn't lack confidence, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
      Loved Gregg's reaction when Kennedy pointed out that AB was 1 of 17 prior to hitting that dagger in the last few moments of the game. This team doesn't lack confidence, that's for sure.
      Which is crazy, because a few months ago, we weren't sure if anyone was gonna be assertive enough to hunt shots. Darral's mindset has started to seep into everyone else, which generally has been a good thing.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Darral Willis Jr.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        So you weren't at the game?
        Yes, I was. Didn't remember it that way, so I popped over to ESPN3 to check.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          So you weren't at the game?
          Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          Yes, I was. Didn't remember it that way, so I popped over to ESPN3 to check.
          I believe Loyola got an easy layup just before Daishon's dunk and got another layup quickly after the dunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Which is crazy, because a few months ago, we weren't sure if anyone was gonna be assertive enough to hunt shots. Darral's mindset has started to seep into everyone else, which generally has been a good thing.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Darral Willis Jr.
            Hey, that's my tag line... Kind of...
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Watched the replay this afternoon. There were certainly some puzzling calls, phantom calls. Maybe not more missed calls than usual but some were mind boggling. Maybe there's something to Moser's screaming at the refs ...every...time...down...the...floor.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Great dialog these past few pages in this thread. Love it. Nervousness...anticipation of a good upcoming game??? Looking forward to Saturday!!! GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                X