WSU vs. Rambler Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    They don't have a culture yet that ensures toughness every game and we are their Super Bowl albeit on the road. Milt Doyle can be a great player but he isn't disciplined enough to do it every time. But they always bring "it" when they play the Shocks.
    Exactly. Champions have consistent and sustained play, everyone else has their ebbs and flows.

Comment

• I agree with the phone culture. I took my grandkids out for donuts one morning before school. There was a late 20-early 30ish mom with a 4/5 year old who sat quietly eating her donut while he mom surfed the web.

On the other hand, as long as my battery holds up during a game, I have the ESPN app (not espnwatch) following the stats, individual box score and team stats on rebounds shooting %, fouls, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
        I am not anti-zone. I am anti-playing any defense your team can't execute.

We look generally confused as to each player's responsibility in a zone. In fact, most high schools look sharper than our zone.

Last night was especially bad. Loyola had to make no more than one pass to get a wide open look.
        One way to get better at a defense is to practice it in live game situations.

I have not seen many high schools execute a 1-1-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          One way to get better at a defense is to practice it in live game situations.

I have not seen many high schools execute a 1-1-3.
          Exactly - if it can't be executed play a simpler zone that can be effective.
          Last edited by proshox; January 13, 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
            On the other hand, as long as my battery holds up during a game, I have the ESPN app (not espnwatch) following the stats, individual box score and team stats on rebounds shooting %, fouls, etc.
            Yep. If I'm looking at my phone during the game, it's because I'm looking at stats for what's going on in front of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Yep. If I'm looking at my phone during the game, it's because I'm looking at stats for what's going on in front of me.
              ..while the Dunkin Donuts dunk contest or 70's music-infused dance cam is going on.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Yeah, my kids make fun of me as well. But my point was that, while it may not be your preference, looking at one's phone may actually have some relevance with what is going on in front of you. It is not always facebook ot texting

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                  Yeah, my kids make fun of me as well. But my point was that, while it may not be your preference, looking at one's phone may actually have some relevance with what is going on in front of you. It is not always facebook ot texting
                  You clearly are behind the times. Facebook is for old people, it's Instagram and Snapchat now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    You clearly are behind the times. Facebook is for old people, it's Instagram and Snapchat now.
                    Those are getting old too. mySpace is where you want to be now. What goes around comes around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Those are getting old too. mySpace is where you want to be now. What goes around comes around.
                      What's your page's opening song bro?

Does your background have some combination of flashing lights, rainbows, and unicorns? Those are both ubiquitous and solid choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I proudly take all the old peoples discounts

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          I'm wondering if Shaq's thigh injury is still nagging him. Its either that or attitude, can't tell which.
                          There was a play in the 2nd half where one of the Ramblers ran into Shaq and kneed him right in the thigh. I don't know if that was the same leg that's been bothering him but he seemed to signal to the bench that he needed to come out after the collision. I'm not sure what to make of the big man this year and the other night was just another one of those head scratchers for me in that his defense was way slow. He gave up at least two bunnies in nearly consecutive plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Fact.

It really does feel different. The weak competition is definitely a valid point but I still think it's a crappy excuse not cheer FOR WSU, instead of it being about who WSU is playing. There were times in the past when we'd play Valley competition where it would get beyond crazy and loud, even in blowouts. For instance, the Daishon slam last night. Crazy, athletic jam. Crowd gets crazy for a couple seconds after the dunk. Normally, I would think it would lead to the extended applause, subsequent noise, and everybody on their feet. It wilted and died after about 10 seconds. Just feels like the kid deserved a better reaction than he got, but instead, the excuse is because we're playing Loyola, we don't have to care/cheer as much.

Crazy, spoiled fanbase. Again, I get it, but it's definitely not the same. And I still don't understand the leaving early in a 6 point game with 2 minutes to go deal. Especially, when it's an hour earlier and not even freaking 8PM. Gotta race home for that Flip or Flop marathon. Pointless.
                            Checked this out on the ESPN3 replay. Totally disagree. The crowd is clearly loud and getting into it after the dunk -- but Loyola came right down and got an uncontested layup. Bad D killed the rally, not crap fans.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              There was a play in the 2nd half where one of the Ramblers ran into Shaq and kneed him right in the thigh. I don't know if that was the same leg that's been bothering him but he seemed to signal to the bench that he needed to come out after the collision. I'm not sure what to make of the big man this year and the other night was just another one of those head scratchers for me in that his defense was way slow. He gave up at least two bunnies in nearly consecutive plays.
                              He definitely looked hobbled against Drake. I have a hard time believing it's not still nagging him, especially with Rauno and Darral playing so much at the 5. In the past, that kinda stuff has lit a fire under him.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                                Checked this out on the ESPN3 replay. Totally disagree. The crowd is clearly loud and getting into it after the dunk -- but Loyola came right down and got an uncontested layup. Bad D killed the rally, not crap fans.
                                So you weren't at the game?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X