Coach's Radio Show for 12/12/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
    I've always thought it would be great to have a 4 team tournament with say Wichita State, Creighton, KU, and Missouri.
    Wichita State and Creighton were so-called rivals as were KU and Missouri. Match them up however you like. Each team plays 2 games - winners bracket and losers bracket. Championship game and 3rd place game. They would sell out in a heartbeat.

At the Sprint Center of course.
    Won't EVER happen, because there are two schools KU WON'T play, but this!

Comment

Or we could just play Mizzou at the Sprint Center and call it the No-Show Chickenhawk Classic.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        I think playing at the Sprint Center would be great. It would give both programs extra exposure in the KC Market. It would be a lot of fun. A nice short road trip for everyone. Both fan bases would come out in droves. If for no other reason than to out do the other one.
        Divide the arena at half court and make it the college basketball version of Texas V Oklahoma. It would be completely unique to college basketball and be a national TV spectacle every year. Probably would get Gameday treatment from ESPN.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
          I've always thought it would be great to have a 4 team tournament with say Wichita State, Creighton, KU, and Missouri.
          Wichita State and Creighton were so-called rivals as were KU and Missouri. Match them up however you like. Each team plays 2 games - winners bracket and losers bracket. Championship game and 3rd place game. They would sell out in a heartbeat.

At the Sprint Center of course.
          You could include Iowa and call it the 4 state classic or include K-State or Nebraska.

Comment

Actually I LOVE that idea!But is there a limit of how many 'tourneys' you can play in a season?

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              Actually I LOVE that idea!But is there a limit of how many 'tourneys' you can play in a season?
              We just played in a 1 game tourney .. so 30?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                We just played in a 1 game tourney .. so 30?
                Made me laugh...but they DO have a stipulation, I think, on how many REAL tourneys you can play in a season...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  Made me laugh...but they DO have a stipulation, I think, on how many REAL tourneys you can play in a season...
                  It's the exempt tourneys that have a limit. Exempt tourneys allow you to have up to four games, with only two counting toward the annual game limit.

Outside of that, it's just marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Small fish. They won't come to Koch. Next.
                    Yes, let's just sit back and watch more Maryland Eastern Shore with empty seats at Koch.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      I'm sure they don't want to come to Koch, and we probably won't view an Intrust game as equal to a CenturyLink game.

So let's just play at the Sprint Center and call it good?
                      I love road trips:)

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        Yes, let's just sit back and watch more Maryland Eastern Shore with empty seats at Koch.
                        Yes, let's just sit back and pay $1000 for season tickets and have no home games.

We can do this all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          That made no sense at all whatsoever.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Yes, let's just sit back and pay $1000 for season tickets and have no home games.

We can do this all day.
                            Of course we take MES as a home game if that is the best we can do. But in the meantime, there should be a hard push to schedule good games (like Creighton) at Koch.

I have no doubt Marshall and his staff are working hard on this. My beef was with @AZ Shocker:'s attitude, not Marshall's.

Comment

Based on that recent scheduling article in the Eagle, I get the sense that 3G is just as hesitant to schedule certain games as other coaches are to schedule WSU. He doesn't like going on the road if he doesn't have to and he also wants to schedule games he thinks he can win.
                              Not sure you can change that mindset and just start randomly scheduling teams because they are a big names. I'm sure there are lots of programs that would give WSU a 1 game series at their home court, but 3G isn't going to do that and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                He doesn't like going on the road if he doesn't have to and he also wants to schedule games he thinks he can win.
                                I do not for one second think Marshal feels a game at Creighton would be a game he "can't win". Maybe he is stubborn and holds a grudge against CU. More likely, he can't get them to agree to home-and-home terms. But no way he fears Omaha.

2/11/12

Comment

Working...
                                X