Coach's Radio Show for 12/12/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I have a suggestion. Don't even consider Mizzou until they get a new coach and are no longer a drag on the RPI. Bring in Iowa State.

Day 1: ISU vs WSU, CU vs KSU
    Day 2: CU vs ISU, KSU vs WSU

We wouldn't get to play CU in that scenario due to KSU and ISU not being allowed to play each other (unless it worked into their conference schedule). But all four teams would get more RPI benefit with no Tiggers.
    Mizzou will definitely be making a move in March. So there's that.

Iowa State is a great temporary fill in though. They travel very well to the Big XII tournament in KC. Their women fans are better looking than most upper Midwestern (Big Ten) schools too which is a major consideration for a single guy like me. Go Clones!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      I think you are correct; but need to ask if you have not not just described this season's schedule?
      No. This year's schedule also has 2 home and home games against Tulsa and SLU. Both of which are exactly the types of games that are both what everyone wants (upper division AAC, A10, MWC) and the type of games WSU can get.

Over the previous 5 years Tulsa has averaged an RPI of 89. This year they sit at 191. (-102)
      Over the previous 5 years Tulsa has averaged a kenPom of 102. This year they sit at 140 (-38)

Over the previous 5 years Saint Louis has averaged an RPI of 110. This year they sit at 279. (-169)
      Over the previous 5 years Saint Louis has averaged a kenPom of 116. This year they sit at 296 (-180)

Over the previous 5 years South Dakota St has averaged an RPI of 77. This year they sit at 259. (-182)
      Over the previous 5 years South Dakota St has averaged a kenPom of 94. This year they sit at 199 (-105)

Obviously it's still too early for these numbers to mean everything, but sometimes you put together a good schedule and it just don't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Over the previous 5 years Saint Louis has averaged an RPI of 110. This year they sit at 279. (-169)
        Over the previous 5 years Saint Louis has averaged a kenPom of 116. This year they sit at 296 (-180)
        Good work with the numbers, my young padawan.

Regarding St Louis, they have been all over the map. Several years in the top 50, but now back-to-back years outside the top 200, and this year will continue that trend for a 3rd year. Jim Crews was truly a disaster for their program. I agree that, when the series was scheduled, the Billikens looked like a good opponent. Sure sucks that they were only good in year 1 of the deal. Years 2-4 turned out to be horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

Iowa State is a great temporary fill in though. They travel very well to the Big XII tournament in KC. Their women fans are better looking than most upper Midwestern (Big Ten) schools too which is a major consideration for a single guy like me. Go Clones!

You......you're not normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Regarding St Louis, they have been all over the map. Several years in the top 50, but now back-to-back years outside the top 200, and this year will continue that trend for a 3rd year. Jim Crews was truly a disaster for their program. I agree that, when the series was scheduled, the Billikens looked like a good opponent. Sure sucks that they were only good in year 1 of the deal. Years 2-4 turned out to be horrible.
            They haven't really been all over the map. There hasn't been any back and forth, jumping around. It's difficult to envision a coach being able to pile-drive a program any more noticeably than Crews did.

In Majerus' last year, and Crews' first 2 years (still Majerus recruits), they had an average kenPom of 23. Once Crews was able to get his players and system in place, they averaged 270(!) over his final 2 years and so far into year 1 of Ford. Ford is very obviously just mailing it in waiting for next year.

Comment

I guess I was just referencing how they were in the 100-150 range for years, then a few years of top 50, and now awful. There was a sudden huge improvement, and then a sudden, even larger, fall off. Few teams can say they have spent multiple years top 50, mediocre, and terrible, all within the span of just a decade.

Comment

Once again Casey floats another softball square in the middle of the plate. Batter up fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  You......you're not normal.
                  To be fair, can't we say the same about you?

I kid because I care.
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
                    Once again Casey floats another softball square in the middle of the plate. Batter up fellas!
                    My riseball just didn't rise I guess.

Comment

My riseball just didn't rise I guess.
                      Little..........blue..........pill.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Syracuse ain't ever playin a neutral site game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          The No Show Chickenhawk Classic would include Mizzou, Creighton, WSU and K-State. Every other team within 3 hours of KC except the Chickens. Would be a great tournament and a sold out crowd with huge pockets of fans from each program
                          Drop K-State and replace them with Iowa State or Iowa. Kansas, Nebraska, Mizzou and Iowa all represented. KSU is no better than KU when it comes to playing hide-and-no-seek.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 13, 2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Drop K-State and replace them with Iowa State or Iowa. Kansas, Nebraska, Mizzou and Iowa all represented. KSU is no better than KU when it comes to playing hide-and-no-seek.
                            KSU is worse. KU has arguably better reasons. Staties only excuse is fear starting with their effeminate creepy coach.

Comment

Would love to see WSU, CU, Iowa State, & Missouri play in KC annually.

Day 1 WSU vs. CU & ISU vs. Mizzou. Winners and losers play each other the next day.

We get an annual rivalry game back, ISU & MU can renew the old big 12 rivalry, and its all within easy driving distance for each fanbase.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

i thought there was a tournament in kc every thanksgiving'ish with ku, k state and wichita state rotating. wichita state beat iowa there one year.. and maybe byu too.

whatever happened to that?

Comment

Working...
                                X