WSU vs Michigan State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Until we get better at closing out shooters we need to press after every made basket
    Closing out was a major issue today.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Starting five after seven games of film: mcduffie, Willis, smith, shamet, Morris.... Kelly, frankamp, brown roll players

Comment

• Reaves is my guy so I'm biased. But they put him in down 15. Down 1 when he got hurt.

He will be fine. Probably will sit a week or so. This is something he will just have to deal with. It sucks but it's part of it. His joints are just too flexible. Appreciate you guys caring for him. He will be back. Gonna have a huge career in Wichita

Comment

• I'm not going to make any assumptions about AR, but if SHTF we have another guy with a world of athleticism and potential sitting on the bench who just needs playing time to get over the curve - Keyser.

To be completely clear I'm pulling for AR like the rest of you, but the bench is most certainly not bare behind him in a worst case scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
            Reaves is my guy so I'm biased. But they put him in down 15. Down 1 when he got hurt.

He will be fine. Probably will sit a week or so. This is something he will just have to deal with. It sucks but it's part of it. His joints are just too flexible. Appreciate you guys caring for him. He will be back. Gonna have a huge career in Wichita
            So you don't think it's an injury that needs surgery??

That would be GREAT news if so!!
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Closing out was a major issue today.
              Willis kept leaving bridges open. At least 3 threes were just not guarding close enough

Comment

• Rauno had a nice game. He deserves some of Shaq's minutes in the near term.

Comment

• I'm fine with our starting lineup being Smith, Shamet, McDuffie, Willis, Nurger.

CF is fine, but he's not a leader. Smith rallied this team late to make it a game. Shaq has been nonexistent. I don't think Nurger has had an off game. Willis can be a monster down low. RK and ZB were horrendous.

Comment

• I have gone from pessimistic to a fan of DS BUT CF is still my starting
                    PG for sure unless they move him to the two guard and LS to the three.
                    Brown down regardless - he should be tenth man and have to earn his
                    time on the court again. Same for RK. If only DW played better defense.
                    SM, RK and ZB totally ineffective today. None are playing angry and
                    until they do they should sit. Above all I hope AR is okay. We need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
                      Reaves is my guy so I'm biased. But they put him in down 15. Down 1 when he got hurt.

You aren't biased, you are correct. He makes things happen

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        I'm not going to make any assumptions about AR, but if SHTF we have another guy with a world of athleticism and potential sitting on the bench who just needs playing time to get over the curve - Keyser.

To be completely clear I'm pulling for AR like the rest of you, but the bench is most certainly not bare behind him in worst case scenarios.
                        Are you saying it might be bare in front of him?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Rauno had a nice game. He deserves some of Shaq's minutes in the near term.
                          Shamet is the only starter that should remain a starter

Comment

• Sounds like his buddy from Arkansas has seen Reeves go down like that a couple few times in the past and knows it may just be a minor ouchie for a week. Let's hope and pray. Kid is defintely "special".
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Despite the frustration of going 1-2, this team is so much better than what we saw in Canada. I'm guessing the coaching staff learned alot about their players on this trip and we might see a change in the lineup. Interesting to see who is emerging as the team leaders, not always who we would have predicted. I still believe this team will be a tough out come March.
                              And yea in the long-term view it might be better for AR is he takes a medical red shirt and gains about 20 pounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                So our bench outscored our starters 57-15? That just cannot happen.
                                And Shamet had 7 of those 15.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X