WSU vs Michigan State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I really didn't think we would have games where we shot this bad like we did last year, but that could be our Achilles again this year...
    Who is the assistant coach with responsibility for teaching shooting technique? Shooting has been an issue for the past few years. There was an extended thread regarding shooting technique this past spring when we were stinking it up on the court...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I can't bench Shamet. He's not afraid. Frankamp appears afraid. Solid, but not making things happen

Amen

Comment

• Heading out of this tournament DS has earned the right to lead this team at pg. Hate to say it but CF just lacks mental fortitude. Maybe coming off the bench will alleviate whatever mental block he's experiencing. Also Brown and Kelly are the definition of role players. They are what they are as juniors. Finally McDuffie needs to work on his handles and the transition game.

All that said there's a ton of upside with this young team. I'm ecstatic about the future.

Comment

• I don't know what's happening in practice to justify the starting spots, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who shows up for games.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            Heading out of this tournament DS has earned the right to lead this team at pg. Hate to say it but CF just lacks mental fortitude. Maybe coming off the bench will alleviate whatever mental block he's experiencing. Also Brown and Kelly are the definition of role players. They are what they are as juniors. Finally McDuffie needs to work on his handles and the transition game.

All that said there's a ton of upside with this young team. I'm ecstatic about the future.
            Amen

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I don't know what's happening in practice to justify the starting spots, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who shows up for games.
              Amen.

Comment

• It's rare to come back so close to a very solid team like today although Baylor sure did so yesterday. Even so, we missed some makeable shots late that would have gave us a great chance to pull this off.. AR was leading us back and then the injury. The sooner the better for him to return. What a playa already he is now and a leader he will be in our bright future.

After watching the 2 last games, now I see why 3G really likes to sign rim protectors. I'm glad our starting line-up is up for grabs. In any given game, we have many players that will have their days in the sun. Thus, 3G will continue to search for the key mix of the most overall consistent players and those who can play best together.

As I gaze at our schedule from here, we should take care of our business and I am glad we came to this Tourney to learn what we can do to improve from here. Today, Smith, AR, and others had some bright moments but our starting 5 seemed to sputter at times. Minutes played are wide open from here for those who step up to the pump.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Michigan State is not that good of a team. They've gotten blasted by good teams. They should've, could've lost to Florida Gulf Coast at home. Now given Izzo's track record, they'll probably be Top 25 caliber by the end of the year, but as of now, this was a game WSU NEEDED to win. And once again, the first half jitters failed us.

Pretty much everything that needs to be said, has been said. Yes it was a good second half effort, but man, it gets annoying have to claw and fight back just to get within respectable distance. Needed a marquee quality win out of this thing and we didn't get it. Now, our options are limited to two. Just sucks.

There needs to be some shakeup with the roster. ZB and RK are role players for sure. The offense needs to get back together. The defense has been poor as well, given that we aren't playing D-2 midgets.

I really hope AR is ok and is able to fight back though this. Just really tough to watch him go down like that. I hope also that it's not as serious as it looked.

A home cupcake which will provide us with nothing again, and then back to another actual test in a week at Colorado State. Better win that one.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    After LSU here was a lot of talk about being top 20. I thought we were. But we clearly have shooting issues and issues going against size.

Also my favorite guy - Shaq - can't turn the corner on dumb fouls. Other players have seen their lack of growth exposed. (Zac)

I'm leaving stuff out. But our defense has been exposed as he rea deal as always.
                    consitently terrible ball-handling from our wings was the main expose'. a whole lot of fumbling and bumbling.

just now looking at the recruiting board is kind of depressing. i hope mittgard is a shot-blocker above all else, because i don't see any potential recruits listed over 6'5".

Comment

• Maybe this is just me but I'm tired of hearing about how great of a second half we played. Yes, we played well, but Jesus we shouldn't have to be getting whooped before the team starts playing well.

Comment

• The best line up today was Daishon, Conner, Landry, Markis and Rauno. Willis played well on Offense but did not play defense at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          Maybe this is just me but I'm tired of hearing about how great of a second half we played. Yes, we played well, but Jesus we shouldn't have to be getting whooped before the team starts playing well.
                          It's possible to complement them on a good second half while also realizing the first half of both games is unacceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Maybe this is just me but I'm tired of hearing about how great of a second half we played. Yes, we played well, but Jesus we shouldn't have to be getting whooped before the team starts playing well.
                            Agreed. The moral victory card has been overplayed twice already.

It's hard for teams to maintain big leads for 40 consecutive minutes. Of course we were gonna make a run and Michigan State was gonna ease off the pedal. We were out of the Louisville game right after tip off and out of this one about halfway in the first half.

Now granted, I'm glad they were able to make it respectable, but a respectable loss is still, in fact, a loss.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A few quick calculations from Battle for Atlantis

Starting 5 - FGM/FGA 29-94 31%
                              Second 5 - FGM/FGA 39-88 44%
                              Starting 5 - 3FGM/3FGA 9-36 25%
                              Second 5 - 3FGM/3FGA 10-24 42%
                              Starting 5 - FTM/FTA 12-23 52%
                              Second 5 - FTM-FTA 30-39 77%
                              Starting 5 - PPG - 24.6
                              Second 5 - PPG - 40

3 games is a small sample size and I'm certainly not kicking anyone off the team. Just sayin things seem a little backwards.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                                The best line up today was Daishon, Conner, Landry, Markis and Rauno. Willis played well on Offense but did not play defense at all.
                                In fairness, he was mostly guarding a lottery pick.

It does however surprise me, even given the relative youth of this team, that they are so far behind in picking up their favorite zone D, Fresno. It is ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X