• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Duke euthanizes Clemson.
    Duke's bench: 22 total minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 6 fouls

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
      Can't believe how much they left their starters in and run up the score!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
        I'm not sure Coach K has ever played a deep bench, has he?

Comment

• Syracuse loses to Miami 57-62. They finish with a record of 18-14 and an RPI in the 80's. They're a lock.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Syracuse loses to Miami 57-62. They finish with a record of 18-14 and an RPI in the 80's. They're a lock.
            Probably a 7 or 8 seed.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Penn State and Nebraska locked in an OT game with serious implications for the bubble. Both teams are garbage and basically facing each other in a play-in game, but they ARE in a BCS conference, so I'm assuming the winner gets an at-large.

Comment

Syracuse loses to Miami 57-62. They finish with a record of 18-14 and an RPI in the 80's. They're a lock.
                Rosey Palm thinks so.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Can't believe how much they left their starters in and run up the score!!
                  Please pardon me if I was to have turned on my meter, but run up what score? I didn't watch the game, so just looked through the play-by-play. They were tied at halftime. Built up a 13 point lead that didn't last very long and, with the starters in, had only a 1 point lead with a little under 3 to go in the game (yes, the starters may have been tired). Also noticed, that "former" starter Grayson Allen played only 12 minutes, 0-4 from the field with no points and 3 fouls.

Comment

Hopefully, it was the kiss of death. rpiforecast.com's live RPI dropped the Cuse to 85.

Comment

• Sorry, DP.

Comment

One thing I don't understand is ESPN is reporting Syracuse's RPI as 75. NCAA had them as 79 today before the loss, much more in line with the 85 where Warren Nolan has them currently. Where does ESPN come up with its RPI? Why? Would Lunardi think differently if he was using proper RPI numbers? 75 and 85 is a big disparity.

Comment

• Danny and the Miracle-less Demon Decons go down to Va Tech. At least WF had a .500 record.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                            One thing I don't understand is ESPN is reporting Syracuse's RPI as 75. NCAA had them as 79 today before the loss, much more in line with the 85 where Warren Nolan has them currently. Where does ESPN come up with its RPI? Why? Would Lunardi think differently if he was using proper RPI numbers? 75 and 85 is a big disparity.
                            Where are you seeing this? If true, it appears ESPN is panhandling for Syracuse with inflated numbers. They better fix that ****. Even though 75 is also a hilariously bad RPI.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Where are you seeing this? If true, it appears ESPN is panhandling for Syracuse with inflated numbers. They better fix that ****. Even though 75 is also a hilariously bad RPI.
                              ESPN just hasn't updated yet.

But looking at it, ESPN has our RPI as 34; NCAA has our RPI as 27; Warren Nolan has us at 28. Illinois St. NCAA 31, Warren Nolan 31, ESPN 37.

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the Associated Press, USA Today Coaches poll and the NCAA NET Rankings.

Not sure why ESPN's RPI numbers are so much different.

I discussed it with Eamonn Brennan. I think he even changed the Syracuse Bubble Watch from RPI of 75 to ugly RPI, but the best part of the discussion:

@eamonnbrennan Why is ESPN's RPI so off? Thought 75 you were deceiving w/Cuse. ESPN 75. NCAA had them 79 before the loss. Therefore 85 RPI.

@d honestly not sure why discrepancies sometimes pop up on the site, but RPI is best when viewed vaguely anyway

@eamonnbrennan
                              Thank you. But I think the difference between 75 and 85 isn't a vague discrepancy, it is a huge discrepancy.
                              Last edited by Heinro; March 8, 2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• ESPN's RPI formula has always done an atrocious job replicating the real thing. WarrenNolan is gospel.

Comment

Working...
                                X