16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Clemson loses at Virginia Tech 70-71. Damaging to them.
    Damaging? Surely fatal. I'm hopeful their bubble misery is finally over, or at least my misery of hearing how they are on the bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
      Damaging? Surely fatal. I'm hopeful their bubble misery is finally over, or at least my misery of hearing how they are on the bubble.
      Same goes for Indiana.

Comment

• Some of these teams that should have been ashamed to be in the bubble conversation (Clemson, Indiana) have continued doing what they have done all year....lose.

Comment

• Indiana about to lose to Iowa. Will be damaging to Tom Crean. 5-10 in Big Ten not favorable to his career.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Some of these teams that should have been ashamed to be in the bubble conversation (Clemson, Indiana) have continued doing what they have done all year....lose.
            Fortunately for them, losses are in style this year. You ain't cool unless you lose almost as often as you win.

Comment

• Colorado State up 13 with 3:15 to go.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• CSU will just need to win just one of their last 3 to finish comfortably within the Top 100.

They pull a half game into 1st in the MWC and have a chance at winning the league outright. The Rams have won 8 of their last 9.

Comment

• If I read it right, Georgia Tech is 8-12 against the RPI top 200. There is no way they should even be considered for an at large.

LSU lost their 14th straight. How is that even possible with the talent they have.....their coach has already been fired, yes?

Comment

• Well, now WSU has two Top 85 wins.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Some of these teams that should have been ashamed to be in the bubble conversation (Clemson, Indiana) have continued doing what they have done all year....lose.
                      Eh, a week ago, Indiana still deserved to be in the conversation. When you start the season with wins over Kansas and North Carolina, and are still 15-8 at the beginning of February, I think it is fair to wait before you completely write them off. Of course, now, having lost 7 of 8, is a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Well, now WSU has two Top 85 wins.
                        Its too bad that everything is measured by Top 84 wins as of yesterday ...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          If I read it right, Georgia Tech is 8-12 against the RPI top 200. There is no way they should even be considered for an at large.
                          That's a master's level deceptive stat. You (or your source) should work for CBS.

Of those 20 games, 19 have been vs the top 106. 17 vs the top 60.

Yes, I do agree that they don't deserve an at-large bid, but your "vs the top 200" stat is not a fair piece of evidence for that argument. This is a good example why simplistic "vs so-and-so" analysis is ripe for cherry picking data.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            That's a master's level deceptive stat. You (or your source) should work for CBS.

Of those 20 games, 19 have been vs the top 106. 17 vs the top 60.

Yes, I do agree that they don't deserve an at-large bid, but your "vs the top 200" stat is not a fair piece of evidence for that argument. This is a good example why simplistic "vs so-and-so" analysis is ripe for cherry picking data.
                            What is the point of inviting a team like GT; would the committee hope GT gets hot and wins a game or two? IMO they have no chance of advancing beyond the first weekend (perhaps first game).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                              What is the point of inviting a team like GT; would the committee hope GT gets hot and wins a game or two? IMO they have no chance of advancing beyond the first weekend (perhaps first game).
                              I agree that GT has no business being within 10 spots of the cut line. My point was merely about the "vs top 200" stat being extreme cherry picking and virtually worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                I agree that GT has no business being within 10 spots of the cut line. My point was merely about the "vs top 200" stat being extreme cherry picking and virtually worthless.
                                So is vs Top 50. Or any other random cut-line.

Comment

Working...
                                X